AEP Echology v1 Various Artist Competition
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Old 14-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538680
Thanked 6,955 Times in 4,948 Posts
AEP Echology v1 Various Artist Competition

The Altered Echo Project is proud to announce its first official various artist album competition, but there is a catch--all participants must use a variety of samples from multiple AEP releases in the creation of their song. Through this compilation we will be asking participants to help us bring the full vision of the Altered Echo Project to fruition.

In the spirit of our sound mutation ethos, we are looking for entries that change and arrange samples from multiple previous releases in unique and interesting ways. Songs submitted for the competition may resemble anything: sound collage, mash-ups, hip-hop style beat making, total sonic annihilation, live dubs and anything above, below, or in between. We would like to see a variety of sampling styles used to showcase the possibilities inherent in the art of audio manipulation in the 21st Century.

To be fully clear: our expectation is that entries will sound more like new, original works than remixes. Only mere echoes of the original.

There are several other items to consider. Each entry must include a text file which lists the samples used. Each entry must also include a minimum 150 word artist statement about the audio manipulation techniques used for the entry (as well as anything else you want to say about your work, 1,000 word limit).

All the sample usage data will be compiled into a PDF file by the AEP to create a bracket-style "ancestry" or "genealogy" for each song released on the compilation, which will be followed by the corresponding artist’s statement.

As if this weren’t enough, for the first time ever we will be making second generation audio samples available for download. If a participant’s entry is chosen for release they will be asked to provide a few audio samples, but specifically samples that are mutated versions of the audio AEP has provided from our previous releases. These will then be made available for download with the release.

RFJ's LINK UPDATE. FIND SAMPLES HERE.

Okay everyone...

As promised I have added a page to the blog that categorizes all the direct links to all stems and samples in the AEP catalog. Said page can be found...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Requirements Summary:
Only one entry per artist will be chosen.

All entries must use samples from multiple AEP releases.

All entries must include a simple list of samples used.

Each sample should be listed in the following fashion: catalog number - sample file name
example: AEP001 - crunchsnare.wav

Each entry must include the minimum 150 word artist statement describing the process used to “mutate” the sounds.

All entry file names must be formated artist name - track title - contact email.

All entries must maintain a minimum of -3dbs of headroom on the master and be exported as a 24bit .wav file.

No entries should be made public prior to the release of the compilation.

Submit your entries either by sending a Dropbox (or similar cloud service) link to alteredechoesproject at gmail dot com
OR
By sharing a downloadable, private track with the Altered Echo Project Soundcloud account.

All entries will be judged blind by a panel of judges chosen from our artist roster.

Entries must be submitted between the period of April 14th and May 29th 2014. The submission period ends at 11:59:59 PM May 28th EST. Please email alteredechoesproject at gmail dot com with questions or concerns.

Last edited by relic; 15-04-2014 at 07:12 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Re: AEP Echology v1 Various Artist Competition

SWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

Really looking forward to this...obviously. This is where the ultimate goal and vision of the project comes into play. Finding a way to document and trace the sounds as they pass and mutate from one artist to the next, through a series of releases, that has no end in sight, is really what we started this whole thing for. Thanks be to relic for putting the pieces together that form this end portion of our idea and thanks to all of the artists in the AEP catalog who helped us make this possible.

If anyone has any questions, or has trouble finding any of the sample sets, or has trouble with any downloads please let us know and we'll get a fix on it as soon as possible. Most, if not all of it, should be okay though.

Perhaps I'll collect all the links and organize them in a list on the blog, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, for ease of use. That'll be later today though.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Sounds like fun!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
relic (14-04-2014)
Old 15-04-2014, 01:44 AM   #4
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963298
Thanked 1,149 Times in 884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post

Perhaps I'll collect all the links and organize them in a list on the blog, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, for ease of use. That'll be later today though.
that would be great and very much appreciated thank you for all the effort and the time that you guys put into this

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

In the meantime links to all the releases can be found: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Just click the album art to get to the zip file...but you will also get the albums as well.

------------------
Old 15-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #6
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
that would be great and very much appreciated thank you for all the effort and the time that you guys put into this
For you, I will do it for sure then.
If I don't get it finished this evening it'll be up tomorrow.
I'll post here when it's done.

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (15-04-2014)
Old 15-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #7
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Okay everyone...

As promised I have added a page to the blog that categorizes all the direct links to all stems and samples in the AEP catalog. Said page can be found...

After going through all this it became very apparent to me that what we have on our hands is something truly unique. None of this would have been possible were it not for all of our wonderful artists. A massive amount of thanks is owed to them, for allowing us to provide this to the Electronic Music Community at large, totally free of charge to the end user.

So, get in there, grab a few, make some music and please...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SUBMIT SOMETHING!!!!!!!

And there you have my best shot at what they call motivation meant in the nicest way I know how.

------------------
Old 15-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #8
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

awesome, that makes it easier. im in.

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to stem collector
RFJ (15-04-2014)
Old 15-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #9
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Thanks a ton RFJ. I hadn't thought of how buried the samples really were on our website : )

I thought of making a one huge mega download. But it would have been stupid big. If anyone wants to be able to download absolutely all the samples in one go, let me know and I will make it happen ASAP.

Honestly, this stuff is worth having on your HDD ....imho...

------------------
Thanks to relic
RFJ (15-04-2014)
Old 15-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #10
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

Yeah, makes it easy to see everything! There are some talented people here who could really do some awesome stuff with all these samples.
Thanks to Muse-ic
RFJ (15-04-2014)
Old 15-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #11
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

^nice sig there muse-ic...

For anyone wanting the banner for those purposes just quote this post, then copy paste the text you will see in the signature edit box in your control panel. It should already be all linked up to the blog and everything too...

Edit: by banner I mean the awesome banner designed by relic.

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (15-04-2014)
Old 15-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #12
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Nice banner relic!
Thanks to Muse-ic
RFJ (15-04-2014)
Old 15-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Haha thanks. Honestly my photo manipulation skills are pretty poor, I just fuck around until something (hopefully) looks decent.

To be completely honest the concept for the banner was RFJ's. I just ripped something from google images and edited it.

#AEPisGettingSuedforCopyRightInfringement
#Irony

------------------
Old 16-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #14
quizybuck
Soundwave Mangler
quizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond repute
North Carolina
MC Status: 2660

Banner? I barely even knew her!

------------------
All the little clicks call me Pops.

quizybuck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 03:40 AM   #15
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
¯\(°_o)/¯
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,448 Times in 1,903 Posts

Planning on submitting to this.
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #16
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Let us know if anyone is having any troubles with downloading anything : )

------------------
Old 16-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #17
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Any bit of promo helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netlabelism.com via Twitter
Netlabelism Magazine ‏@netlabelism 1h
Altered Echo is gearing up for echology v1. Check it out at [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

------------------
Old 16-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #18
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Any bit of promo helps...

Fuck. Yes. SCORE.

------------------
Old 24-04-2014, 02:03 AM   #19
1=1?
Knob Twiddler
1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of
The Bay
MC Status: 1010

Going to try to do this. Some of the files are too big for me to get, so I will just exclude them (I'll be famous when I'm dead, it's just so much data that I haven't heard) there's plenty to work with though. Thanks!
1=1? is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to 1=1?
RFJ (24-04-2014)
Old 24-04-2014, 02:27 AM   #20
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Glad you came on in, it's cold out there...

If you have any questions or trouble with any downloads, please, don't hesitate to speak up.

Welcome.

Advertisements

------------------