[FAWM] Ambient Mechanics FAWM tunes
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181160
Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,701 Posts
[AWM] Ambient Mechanics AWM tunes

FEBUARY 2014

OK..all the links below are now set to "PRIVATE" over on SC. I've made em private as I'm going to re-work them into an album that's going to be called "Retro".

Last of all, my thanks goes out to all of you who did actually take the time out to listen and give me feedback during the past month..much appreciated.

TRACK 01 - Departure
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

TRACK 02 - 100 Steps

TRACK 03 - Out There

TRACK 04 - Night Train

TRACK 05 - Transceive

Track 06 - Good Day

Track 07 - Lost

Track 08 - Impressions

Track 09 - Space Cadet

Track 10 - Shanghai Moon

Track 11 - Retro

Track 12 - Brutal

Track 13 - Dawn Chorus

Track 14 - The Fat Lady Sings

Last edited by A.M; 12-05-2014 at 09:45 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538430
Thanked 6,950 Times in 4,944 Posts
Re: [FAWM] Ambient Mechanics - Depature (FAWM Track)

Hey man. I dug this a lot. It sounds kinda old school "electronica" while not really feeling old school in a lot of ways. I dig this. That squishy kick drum is fantastic.

I can see flavors of your what you normally do here, but on a different vibe. That wandering triangle/sine synth melody is really nice.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
Re: [FAWM] Ambient Mechanics - Depature (FAWM Track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Hey man. I dug this a lot. It sounds kinda old school "electronica" while not really feeling old school in a lot of ways. I dig this. That squishy kick drum is fantastic.

I can see flavors of your what you normally do here, but on a different vibe. That wandering triangle/sine synth melody is really nice.
Thanks, A..good to get your feedback, as always..nice one.

The second track isn't so hot really..sub-par compared to this one here. Should be posting that one up a little later..still trying to tweak it some.

Thanks

------------------
Old 02-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
A.M
Re: [FAWM] Ambient Mechanics FAWM tunes

Track for Day 2 added to the top post above.

------------------
Old 02-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Ooh two tracks already - nice one. Those sounds in track # 2 are quite cool - those sounds rising and falling keep things interesting and flowing. This sounds like something that would be real fun to play live with some hardware...that kick could even evolve a little bit heavier if this was live for a real hypnotic, mind-bending vibe that almost hints at a kind of psy/techno thing.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #6
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029791
Thanked 7,247 Times in 4,504 Posts

This sounds like the perfect opportunity for sample swaps, could save you some precious time too.
Anyone interested then feel free to post links to your sound sets here.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

This second one is also cool. That almost guitar sound is great and I love how all the synths are almost one texture. I agree with scyn about the kick drum and how this is very psychedelic. I only did acid once in my life (well, kinda twice but this is a story for another time lol). This reminds me of that kind of nervous introspection. Just around 3:30 I love the very subtle changes that happen. I wonder what would happen if you pushed that a tiny, tiny, or so tiny bit to be more intense?

This is late night freak out music. I'd love to drop this tune at a party in which all the ravers are at their uh...peak ;p
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: I am more than happy to make some samples available at some point. Perhaps we could even collect them together and offer an unofficial IDMf Sample Pack to the community later.

------------------
Old 02-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
A.M

Thanks, guys for all the feedback on both..it's really good to read this stuff..and helps keep me focused on the task in general. Nice one..

Idk, but for some reason I much prefer the first track out of the two. Maybe it's because I find that kind of track more of a challenge..what with melody and harmony and everything else that goes into composing something like that.

Whereas the second track is more of a "in the flow of the moment" kind of thing, that just tends to happen for me. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy making something like the second track much more than I do the first, but with the first kind there is the buzz that comes from pushing yourself that little harder I guess..idk.

Anyway, thanks again..and I'm nearly finished my third track. Still got some way to go yet, but it should be finished ahead of time..hopefully.

------------------
Old 03-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #9
A.M

Just updated OP with my 4th track.

------------------
Old 03-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #10
A.M

Updated OP with 5th track.

------------------
Old 03-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

You are in overdrive, my friend.

------------------
Old 03-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #12
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
You are in overdrive, my friend.
The way I look at it is get as many out of the way as soon as possible and then spend what time I've got left tweaking them..that's the game-plan..but I guess it only last as long as the muse allows, so I take nothing for granted.

Sure, at this stage, I'm 5 tracks up in 3 days, but tomorrow I might hit a wall that lasts a week..one never knows.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Muse-ic (04-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Haha. Indeed. I usually work via your philospohy and sometimes I finish, sometimes I dont. After my 2nd track I feel like I rushed just for the sake of speed. So I may slow my roll a bit this year just to try someting different. Also, I find if I want to work fast I dont reach for hardware, which is not what I wanted to to do either lol

------------------
Old 03-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #14
A.M

Yeah..I know what you mean, A..sometimes the work suffers due to the speed thing..or you end up looking back after thinking "I should have do it this way instead". As for the hardware thing..yeah, I understand that, too..though I'm completely in the box, my self..don't have the space here for much more than the keyboard and a controller sorry to say.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing what you come up with next, dude.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (03-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 02:51 AM   #15
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
Updated OP with 5th track.
You are a beast, this isn't 14 tracks in a week!!!! Come ON let us slackers catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Track 1- love the upbeat atmosphere, very uplifting.
Track 2- More jazz pizazz, the guitar kind of reminds me of a sound in the Twin Peaks music, if you've ever watched that. I like the energy in this one. I like the subtle percussion too.
Track 3- I agree with you, this track could use a little more additions, but definitely pleasant to listen to.
Track 4- A dark departure from your other tracks. I think this could use an ambient break in the middle where the buzz synth hazes out a bit.
Track 5-Nice airy sounds.

I have to say you've done a good job with variety in your tracks so far...now how about a MUCH NEEDED break? j/k I'm inspired by your output.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 04-02-2014 at 03:03 AM..
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
A.M (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
You are a beast, this isn't 14 tracks in a week!!!! Come ON let us slackers catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Track 1- love the upbeat atmosphere, very uplifting.
Track 2- More jazz pizazz, the guitar kind of reminds me of a sound in the Twin Peaks music, if you've ever watched that. I like the energy in this one. I like the subtle percussion too.
Track 3- I agree with you, this track could use a little more additions, but definitely pleasant to listen to.
Track 4- A dark departure from your other tracks. I think this could use an ambient break in the middle where the buzz synth hazes out a bit.
Track 5-Nice airy sounds.

I have to say you've done a good job with variety in your tracks so far...now how about a MUCH NEEDED break? j/k I'm inspired by your output.
Thanks for that, M..really appreciate it.

I know..I know..going like a bat out of hell right now and I don't want to stop in case I loose that flow. I guess I'm just lucky right now..trust me, it's not like this all the time, but the deadline certainly helps focus the mind, I think.

------------------
Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #17
A.M

Track # 06 - Good Day - added to the OP above.

------------------
Old 04-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #18
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\

Track 6: Good Day: Those bouncing around little gremlin sounds are fun and I didn't really expect that pad to come in. There's a few of your tracks now where I think just a bit more low end and more prominent drums and it'll be quite interesting too. I still dig this though and I enjoy the way you're able to sustain the mood. Nice.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #19
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
Track 6: Good Day: Those bouncing around little gremlin sounds are fun and I didn't really expect that pad to come in. There's a few of your tracks now where I think just a bit more low end and more prominent drums and it'll be quite interesting too. I still dig this though and I enjoy the way you're able to sustain the mood. Nice.
Thanks, man..appreciate the input.

Yeah..you're not the first to suggest that about the low end..seems to be something I really need to take on board in future. As for the drums..point taken, but I left them as is on this, due to there being a lot of stuff going on in the mix and I wanted them to stand out a bit on the high end, which I think they do, without being too hissy.

You wouldn't believe the nightmare I had doing this track! I sat down at the PC at 9.30 this morning and had about one hour away from it..the rest of the time..up until 7.30 this evening, was spent on this.

My daw crashed twice for some unknown reason and I lost half of the work done on it during the day. The original version was going to be a bit more complex, with a lot more going on, but I didn't have the time to go back and re-do everything..too fecking tired tbh.

Anyway, I think it will do just fine as it is for this.

------------------
Old 04-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #20
scyn
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\

Yeah it's a strange thing with the bass because the track works both ways - so I'm cool with it how it is, but if you were to do an album, you could almost two a double album where the second one is a heavier, more driven version of the tracks.

How you enjoying Alchemy btw - you got it as a gift recently didn't ya?

Advertisements