[Dark Ambient / Noise] Phantom Signal - THE HUNGER
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 11-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #1
PhantomSignal
Soundscaper
PhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond repute
Sonoma /San Francisco
MC Status: 7460
[Dark Ambient / Noise] Phantom Signal - THE HUNGER

Dark ambient, don't for get the subs.

Cheers for any listens and feedback.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

PhantomSignal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dark Ambient / Noise] Phantom Signal - THE HUNGER.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:31 PM   #2
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960
Re: [Dark Ambient / Noise] Phantom Signal - THE HUNGER

The sub bass is interesting, the way it oscillates is so natural. I would be pleased if this came up on my Pandora station, I can say that much. Dark landscape of primal yearning and need indeed. Very refreshing, I'm a fan.
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #3
BlauDisS
Analog Lurker
BlauDisS has a spectacular aura aboutBlauDisS has a spectacular aura about
Washington DC
MC Status: 160

I'm not super familiar with the genre, but I enjoyed it. Soothing at times while unsettling at other times... well done!
BlauDisS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
PhantomSignal
Soundscaper
PhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond repute
Sonoma /San Francisco

Thank you both for taking the time to listen. My world is all newborn baby at the moment and the way her hungry cries infiltrate my sleep deprived dreams is both comforting and scary. I am still a new parent, this is my first, so I am hyper vigilant listening while I sleep. But this is approximately what it sounds like to become aware of her crying while lucid dreaming about weird shit.

Specifically, a room where all the objects, piles of clothes on the ground, the rug, a pair of shoes, etc, all turned into various seething piles of bugs arranged just so as to represent the objects I had previously thought they were. This was a sense of terror and that dream like confidence in the reality of it all with a hint of bad LSD trip paranoia thrown in. Then I woke up to her crying.

*shrug*
Old 27-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #5
PhantomSignal
Soundscaper
Sonoma /San Francisco

Bumpage'
Old 27-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
Blacksmith
Minor Glitch
Blacksmith is a name known to allBlacksmith is a name known to allBlacksmith is a name known to allBlacksmith is a name known to allBlacksmith is a name known to allBlacksmith is a name known to all
London
MC Status: 610

I enjoyed that listen a lot. Have you listened to any Lustmord? Reminds me of his work. I'm not really sure what to add feedback wise to be fair. The tracks movement is spot on, and I love the palette of sounds you've used (them crackling noise bits around 3 mins are great). The one thing I would suggest is I'd like it to be a touch louder, that's really the only thing that comes to mind.

Well played mate, will be coming back to this one for sure.
Blacksmith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #7
PhantomSignal
Soundscaper
Sonoma /San Francisco

Yeah this is the "unmastered" version so it's not quite where it should be EQ and volume tweek wise. I have heard Lustmord, though more incidentally but listened to a few things this morning at your mentioning him. Thanks for the comparison to Lustmord, thats a nice compliment. Oh and thanks for the listen!
Old 28-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #8
Alert
Soundscaper
Alert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond repute
Oblivion Fringe
MC Status: 4271

digging the sonic narrative

it definitely has that dreamstate kind of feel/strangeness/otherworldly vibe

might want to EQ smooth the midrange "feedback" peaks like the one at 03:54

btw: Phantom Signal = great name

------------------
Alert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:00 AM   #9
REC
Regular Freak
REC will become famous soon enough
Pacific NorthWest
MC Status: 60

This is a great ambient piece. The introduction of the thematic "hungry cry" in the beginning let's us know what to expect. The crescendo of sounds really does capture the continuously distorted perception of a sleep deprived mind. One thing I remember about waking up in the middle of the night when our baby was still a newborn was the few times I woke up to use the restroom. Those times were true terror, because she slept in the room adjacent to the restroom. I could hear my own heartbeat in my ears and the cartilage in my knees creak as i crept past her to the restroom. The sub bass did remind me of that sensation. Great piece, keep up the good work.

Advertisements

REC is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote