Taylor Swift - Most Influential Musical Act of the Century - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 28-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #41
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123
Re: Taylor Swift - Most Influential Musical Act of the Century

this is a symptom not a cause. Country Music has been the most popular and listened to genre like FOREVER...

none of the artists any of you listen will ever out-sell people like Garth Brooks.

Sad world we live in..

Advertisements

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #42
BALLZ!
nob Twiddler
BALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MC
խելագար սեւահեր
MC Status: 11265264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
With arms wide open
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
tsxfgijhkt,ygt54esdy6hn
BALLZ! is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #43
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

Yeah i lost my dog,lost my truck,lost my wife.........great stuff.
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Rixtr
Vlantis (28-11-2013)
Old 28-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #44
BALLZ!
nob Twiddler
BALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MC
խելագար սեւահեր

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixtr View Post
Yeah i lost my dog,lost my truck,lost my wife.........great stuff.
Still got the bottle, doe! Yeeeeehaaaaaa!

------------------
tsxfgijhkt,ygt54esdy6hn
Old 28-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #45
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ

that's the 'crying in your beer' country. there's also the 'happy friendly' shit..

and the newer style of country which blatantly rips off rock music and has country singers imitating rappers.

------------------
Old 28-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #46
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029791
Thanked 7,247 Times in 4,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
and the newer style of country which blatantly rips off rock music and has country singers imitating rappers.
So do you think it's just more to do with who appeals to the particular audience then rather than sticking to a defined style?
What do you mean by imitating rappers? Actually trying to rap or just bringing an element of bling and low brow culture to it?
Do you think people will essentially buy anything they're told to so long as it's performed by a white person in a cowboy hat and that the country we all knew and loved is now dead?
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #47
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421871229
Thanked 4,865 Times in 2,813 Posts

Oh man, I hope I can get up the energy to rant about country music in the next day or so.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vlantis
lolirl (28-11-2013)
Old 28-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #48
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

lol, you're all so open-minded about music..

------------------
Old 28-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #49
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387599
Thanked 5,072 Times in 3,307 Posts

Yeh, can't go mixing up that dang country music with other stuff. You might accidently get awesomeness like Alabama 3.

...and one you might know:

(my preferred version is the album version)

Admittedly I really don't like country music, which made it doubly impressive to me that Alabama 3 are quite the opposite of shite

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #50
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

It's OK, @hellscion. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #51
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181060
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts

There was a time when country music actually meant something in the USA..and you had folks like Jim Reeves, Slim Whitman or Marty Robins..singing "cowboy" songs with real deep shit stories to em.

Now they just slap a banjo or harmonica over a pop song and call it country..when, in reality, it's nothing like it..just like in every other mainstream genre out there. They just keep diluting the crap out of music, in order to squeeze a few more bucks out of the current up and coming generation and it never ends.

The is the music doesn't really change..just most real talented artists out there don't get exposure, as they don't fit in with what the major labels think will sell, based on trends, fads and fashions, which are in turn created and controlled by other companies.

They keep aiming at the lowest common denominator..as case of "just feed em crap and they will love it in time". They make sure the vids that go with the music show the "right" kind of people, wearing the right kind of clothes, using the right kind of products, living the right kind of lives that they "think" we all want to have.

I guess it's just the way of business really..but there must be a better way, that allows companies to make their bucks, while we get what we want in return and not just what is deemed to be current and "popular".

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #52
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
There was a time when country music actually meant something in the USA..and you had folks like Jim Reeves, Slim Whitman or Marty Robins..singing "cowboy" songs with real deep shit stories to em.

Now they just slap a banjo or harmonica over a pop song and call it country..when, in reality, it's nothing like it..just like in every other mainstream genre out there. They just keep diluting the crap out of music, in order to squeeze a few more bucks out of the current up and coming generation and it never ends.

The is the music doesn't really change..just most real talented artists out there don't get exposure, as they don't fit in with what the major labels think will sell, based on trends, fads and fashions, which are in turn created and controlled by other companies.

They keep aiming at the lowest common denominator..as case of "just feed em crap and they will love it in time". They make sure the vids that go with the music show the "right" kind of people, wearing the right kind of clothes, using the right kind of products, living the right kind of lives that they "think" we all want to have.

I guess it's just the way of business really..but there must be a better way, that allows companies to make their bucks, while we get what we want in return and not just what is deemed to be current and "popular".
That's why alt country exists. Every genre under the sun has a more intelligent side with way better music.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
A.M (28-11-2013)
Old 28-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #53
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029791
Thanked 7,247 Times in 4,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
It's OK, @hellscion. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Florida Georgia Line - Cruise - YouTube
Quote:
when I first saw that bikini, top boner!
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #54
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
That's why alt country exists. Every genre under the sun has a more intelligent side with way better music.
Saw this guy on this very tour, not this show, but this tour...

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
A.M (28-11-2013)
Old 28-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #55
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

I will admit there are some good country songs,with some fantastic guitar work.
and good stories.even old stuff like jerry reed who told stories that were really good..
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #56
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixtr View Post
I will admit there are some good country songs,with some fantastic guitar work.
and good stories.even old stuff like jerry reed who told stories that were really good..

Here's a few classics from back when..

------------------
Old 28-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #57
Djcheesehead
Deep Underground
Djcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond reputeDjcheesehead has a reputation beyond repute
New York City
MC Status: 9310

I don't like taylor swift she's kind of a slut. Worst than Miley Cyrus.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Credit to:
Djcheesehead is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #58
BALLZ!
nob Twiddler
խելագար սեւահեր

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
that's the 'crying in your beer' country. there's also the 'happy friendly' shit..

------------------
tsxfgijhkt,ygt54esdy6hn
Old 28-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #59
A.M

Is it OK if I throw up now?

------------------
Old 28-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #60
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45942831
Thanked 5,693 Times in 3,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Saw this guy on this very tour, not this show, but this tour...

Ryan Adams - Oh My Sweet Carolina - YouTube
That guy is banging Mandy Moore, btw. And he has a noisy black metal side project called Werewolph, which is horrible imo but Kvlt will absolutely love it.

Advertisements

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote