Vitamins and Nutrients - Whats your stack? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Closed Thread
Old 31-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #41
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269462008
Thanked 2,768 Times in 1,840 Posts
Re: Vitamins and Nutrients - Whats your stack?

Pardon my ignorance, but what do I need creatine for?
Is it something I would take only if I workout regularly or even if I workout, say once a week?

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks
Old 31-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #42
Dippshoe
cunt
Dippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MC
In an abandoned cave covered by mist in the depths of Jotunheimen.
MC Status: 12810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton64 View Post
No reason at all.
Stay on the creatine.

Most extensively studied supplement in athletic history. Simple biochemistry. Something your body makes, and is readily available in all meats.

Stay on it. Don't listen to the bologna.

You can emphasize its uptake by mxing it with two spoons of powdered glucose on an empty stomach after your workout. Protip.
I'm aware of the studies done around creatine, that's why I questioned aeoR in the first place. I was afraid he was mistaken this was some kind of steroids or something. Just wanted to clear the air around that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what do I need creatine for?
Is it something I would take only if I workout regularly or even if I workout, say once a week?
To put it simple; creatine increases the amount of water your muscle fibers absorb.
This makes you stronger and increases your stamina.
If i were to work out once a week, I don't think I would keep up with the struggle consuming 10-20 mg every day for that one work out.

It's not a super supplement that will make you super ripped in three weeks. It only makes you stronger and a bit bigger.

------------------

'Don't be an idiot.' Changed my life.
-Dwight Schrute.
Dippshoe is offline   Thanks
Old 31-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #43
erik mitchell
Deep Underground
erik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MCerik mitchell is a savage MC
Denver
MC Status: 300691

Coffee & green tea throughout the day
Fish oil
Calcium + vitamin D
Osteo Bi-flex (my joints suck and I do notice a significant improvement with it)
Creatine
Aminos & BCAA's
Green juice in the morn (kale, cucumber, ginger, cilantro, celery, pineapple, apples, grapes)

My food is pretty clean, I eat a ton of veggies so I don't take a multivitamin. There are some studies that say taking one is wasteful and potentially toxic. If you're really worried about it, get a blood test to pinpoint exactly what vitamins you may be lacking.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/multivit...harmful-247186

------------------

Follow me: soundcloud - facebook
erik mitchell is offline   Thanks
Old 31-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #44
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080164
Thanked 1,230 Times in 830 Posts

given that even the worst diet is probably the best mankind ever had, i only pay slight notice to what i eat when i work

weekends and free time is a mix of bourbon, cigars, vagina and very healthy and expensive food, veggies, etc, but no supplements at all

i feel fine being 300 kilos at 4'5''

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks
Thanks to ab
Br/ainfu+ked (31-10-2013)
Old 31-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #45
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13020926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippshoe View Post
Uhm. Why?
ask your liver in 2 years
aeoR is offline   Thanks
Old 31-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #46
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

allright.

So this is what creatine does.

Creatine enters the cells where uptake is high. (muscles)
There it is acted on by an enzyme called creatine phosphokinase and gains a high energy phosphate group to be turned into something called phosphocreatine.
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Now in the muscle tissue ATP is the substance required for contraction of muscle fibers. As ATP is used, it loses a phosphate group to become ADP. The energy is released when the phosphate comes off.

Code:
Initially when the muscles begin contracting (few seconds) the ATP is used from the local pool in the cell. After that the cell converts the built up ADP into ATP using whatever supply of phosphocreatine is present to allow muscle contraction to continue (30 seconds). You can see from the first diagram reversibility of the reaction between ATP and Creatine allow this occur in an equilibrium driven manner. If ATP is high, the reaction shifts to make more phosphocreatine, and then when ATP concentrations decrease the reaction shifts to make more ATP.
Code:
This lets it get in a few more reps at very high intensity, facilitating muscle growth.

Creatine is not dangerous by any stretch of the imagination to patients with normal liver function and is used to treat patients on long term with neurodegenerative diseases such as ALS, disuse atrophy, parkinsons, muscular dystrophy, and is undergoing further research as a possible treatment for huntington's disease.

Its the same nonsense that people say about high protein diets fucking up kidneys. Its only a problem to patients who have renal failure.

Unless you've been an alcoholic for 20+ years, have fluid filled gut and have puked up buckets of blood while turning yellow and growing breasts you're okay with creatine.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Triton64
redeyeglasses (31-10-2013)
Old 31-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #47
Dippshoe
cunt
Dippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoR View Post
ask your liver in 2 years
I've been on creatine for one and a half year now, no problems.
And why should I be aware of the 2 years mark?
I am curious why I get the impression you fear creatine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.61803398875 View Post
Considering that science has only recently discovered the myriad of phytochemicals in food that work synergistically with vitamins ad minerals, it makes no sense to obtain nutrition from supplements. Whole foods have sufficed for how many years? We evolved and survived on them for how long now?
It's not necessarily about survival.

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 31-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #48
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
Health then?
Yup.

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 31-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #49
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
Exactly why we should stick with whole foods.
So you're saying I'm not healthy for filling up the nutrients I don't get from my diet with supplements?

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 31-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #50
brn20
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802473
Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,191 Posts

But what about this, though?

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks
Old 31-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #51
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn20 View Post
Too much of anything is dangerous.

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 31-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #52
brn20
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802473
Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippshoe View Post
Too much of anything is dangerous.
Did you read the article?

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks
Old 31-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #53
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
Please read my first post in this thread.

I've read it.

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 31-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #54
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn20 View Post
Did you read the article?
I'm at work, so i honestly didn't read it.
But I blindly guessed the title gave me a insight of what it might be about.

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Thanks to Dippshoe
brn20 (31-10-2013)
Old 31-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #55
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
Do you actually think our knowledge of nutrition is complete enough to better real foods?
Have you tried supplements?
Some work, some don't.

Let's say you work out and need about 1,5-2g proteins per 1 Kg bodyweight (metric system, yeah).
Now, you have to eat ALOT meat/egg/etc to achieve this much proteins. So why don't calm down on the food with proteins and take a protein shake?

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 31-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #56
Suiyoubi
Savage Mad Cunt
Suiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MC
MC Status: 24584798
Thanked 1,560 Times in 950 Posts

sure as hell isn´t Walter White.
Suiyoubi is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Suiyoubi
Dippshoe (31-10-2013)
Old 31-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #57
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
Dude, you know where those formulas come from, don't you?
Weird how it works, right?

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #58
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
There is very little independent research to support it. Are yo telling us we should all trust the companies who produce the supplements and protein products to give us impartial stats?
I know supplements work great for me.
Creatine, omega 3 and protein powde are three of them.
Last week I bought more supplements to see if they can improve my day in any way. If they do, I'm most likely to keep using them.

And of course there are companies that will try to scam you. But you should know that vitamines and nutrients are important to live a healthy life.
And if you lack vitamine-A, why the fuck wouldn't you take supplements that contains vitamine-A?

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #59
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45942831
Thanked 5,693 Times in 3,586 Posts

You will argue about anything, won't you.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Numerical
lolirl (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #60
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13020926

Quote:
Considering that science has only recently discovered the myriad of phytochemicals in food that work synergistically with vitamins ad minerals, it makes no sense to obtain nutrition from supplements. Whole foods have sufficed for how many years? We evolved and survived on them for how long now?

Yup, I'm not going to embark in a huge argument about all this, creatine supplements for what I know from my usage and some other people usage, it's really bad.

In the same line of thinking that people had about GMO's as of " well it comes from a natural source" or "it's already there naturally"

well look at the aftermath ..

Advertisements

aeoR is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread