You guys - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #161
dada_davros
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
dada_davros's Avatar
Posts: 374
MC Status: 12860
Thanks: 110
Thanked 257 Times in 165 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
What exactly have you offered on the subject other than to say "People who disagree with me are abusers?"
If you had read this thread, you would know that I talked briefly on how other nation states may respond to a Trump presidency.

You brought up the subject of abuse in this thread in place of argument or discussion, I looked back through the thread and saw plenty examples from you. You asked for examples, I gave you several from the last few hours. You built some straw men and pointed at them.

Advertisements


------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to dada_davros
Crude_beats (15-11-2016)
Old 15-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #162
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
Jaded's Avatar
Posts: 4,401
MC Status: 6906559
Thanks: 4,781
Thanked 3,547 Times in 2,147 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_davros View Post
If you had read this thread, you would know that I talked briefly on how other nation states may respond to a Trump presidency.
So the sum total of your contribution is, countries will respond to the outcome of the US election and Jaded is an abuser. Awesome mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_davros View Post
You brought up the subject of abuse in this thread in place of argument or discussion, I looked back through the thread and saw plenty examples from you. You asked for examples, I gave you several from the last few hours. You built some straw men and pointed at them.
No. That was you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_davros View Post
A quick glance shows your posts to be the most abusive by far, on this page at least. Also you should probably find a better source of "reality" than an exit poll, largely considered to be the least reliable form of polling around elections.
Your ridiculous statement is the only reason we're having a discussion about abuse.

I said that the cynical dismissal of any dissenting points of view as racist, bigoted, sexist et al is the reason we arrived at the present situation.

And thank you for proving that point by attacking my character instead of discussing the points I've raised. You'd think after a year of lobbing insults to no effect we'd have learned something by now. Yeesh!
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #163
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
Roo Stercogburn's Avatar
On horseback
Posts: 10,884
MC Status: 42401849
Thanks: 1,296
Thanked 5,357 Times in 3,491 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Really? If Donald Trump had parked his daddy's cash in the bank it would have accrued interest greater than the combined sum total of wages earned by every person employed directly or indirectly on any of his business ventures? I'd guess that's over tens of billions of dollars. The bank must give him a ridiculously high interest rate.

For term deposits in Australia, the average interest rate is just below 5% p.a.

At 5%, I'd need a $20,000,000 bank balance to cover my annual salary on interest alone. So that's about a billion in the bank per 50-100 people employed.

I wonder. Did anybody actually bother to do a few basic sums before spouting this bullshit statistic? :shitstorm:
Your logic fails because you're assuming all of his ventures paid off.

------------------

IDMf: Outside of porn, best cunts on the internet.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #164
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
SKYCORE's Avatar
busy
Age: 28
Posts: 2,713
MC Status: 53360
Thanks: 944
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Your logic fails because you're assuming all of his ventures paid off.
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #165
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 10,021
MC Status: 198410
Thanks: 11,697
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
Re: You guys

Guys..can we please stop all this shit and move the fuck on with our lives?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Jaded (16-11-2016)
Old 15-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #166
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
thom's Avatar
Nouvelle Franse
Posts: 3,955
MC Status: 173710
Thanks: 1,982
Thanked 3,474 Times in 2,073 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Guys..can we please stop all this shit and move the fuck on with our lives?

No!

This is awesome. We are having a proto-discussion about politics. We don't want to be one of these forums that bans political/touchy stuff. benwaa would have closed all of it already, I bet, but I killed that bitch.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
A.M (15-11-2016)
Old 15-11-2016, 05:47 PM   #167
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
Posts: 2,661
MC Status: 115728
Thanks: 1,268
Thanked 461 Times in 353 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

I said that the cynical dismissal of any dissenting points of view as racist, bigoted, sexist et al is the reason we arrived at the present situation.
I blame media. Not as a whole but parts off it.

I mean look at the mental dent this election caused in people.

The day the expectations didn't live up to the hype.

Disinformation, Agendas and Naivety.

Last edited by Crude_beats; 15-11-2016 at 05:52 PM..
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Crude_beats
Wulfsok (21-11-2016)
Old 15-11-2016, 07:13 PM   #168
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
candlesayshi's Avatar
Chicago
Posts: 2,925
MC Status: 39281549
Thanks: 955
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I said that the cynical dismissal of any dissenting points of view as racist, bigoted, sexist et al is the reason we arrived at the present situation.
I don't think it's the only thing, of course. However, I kind of agree, and I've been thinking something similar, as well. That parts of the left have driven some people right into the arms of the fringe right with that. However, in my opinion, not just due to a lack of trying to engage and understand while dismissing, but also the tendency of people when they're presented with evidence that contradicts their views to dig in deeper into what they believe already.

Kind of like:
"GMOs are poisoning us and we have to stop them!"
"Here's several years of independent peer-reviewed research that shows they're no more dangerous than non-transgenic crops."
"All written by Big Agra shills!!!"

or...
"These bones are 67 million years old and show that these dinosaurs w..."
"Put there by the Devil to trick us!"

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 01:48 AM   #169
dada_davros
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
dada_davros's Avatar
Posts: 374
MC Status: 12860
Thanks: 110
Thanked 257 Times in 165 Posts
Re: You guys

We live in a post-truth world, the facts and evidence don't seem to matter as long as what you say "rings true". Web sites spew forth pages of blatantly fabricated stories, not to inform but to tarnish a subject so that by the time to truth is unfurled the public and media have moved on.

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 02:15 AM   #170
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,839
MC Status: 8562280
Thanks: 11,240
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_davros View Post
We live in a post-truth world, the facts and evidence don't seem to matter as long as what you say "rings true". Web sites spew forth pages of blatantly fabricated stories, not to inform but to tarnish a subject so that by the time to truth is unfurled the public and media have moved on.
Politics aside. Spot on. This is like some GITS Stand Alone Complex level "post-truthism" going on...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 03:17 AM   #171
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Numerical's Avatar
Austin
Age: 40
Posts: 10,845
MC Status: 45947481
Thanks: 6,802
Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,633 Posts
Re: You guys

I have relatives and in-laws that post these blog pieces from sites like Occupy Democrats and Bipartisan Report all FUCKING day long and these articles, from BOTH sides, are just utter hit pieces and propaganda bullshit. It just boggles my mind how people I know can sit there and read this shit thinking it's all true and want to spread it like it actually means anything. Oh so you went to a leftist website and found something to pin on the right wingers!!!! SHOUT THAT SHIT OUT ATOP THE HILLS, MY GOOD CITIZEN!!!!

Fucking hell
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
mnkvolcno (16-11-2016)
Old 16-11-2016, 03:28 AM   #172
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
thom's Avatar
Nouvelle Franse
Posts: 3,955
MC Status: 173710
Thanks: 1,982
Thanked 3,474 Times in 2,073 Posts
Re: You guys

Now feels like a good time for the whole internet to crash for a solid week or so.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 03:30 AM   #173
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 10,021
MC Status: 198410
Thanks: 11,697
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Now feels like a good time for the whole internet to crash for a solid week or so.
thom, you're full of shit. :problemofficer:

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 03:31 AM   #174
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
mnkvolcno's Avatar
Posts: 1,402
MC Status: 29660
Thanks: 560
Thanked 593 Times in 424 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
I have relatives and in-laws that post these blog pieces from sites like Occupy Democrats and Bipartisan Report all FUCKING day long and these articles, from BOTH sides, are just utter hit pieces and propaganda bullshit. It just boggles my mind how people I know can sit there and read this shit thinking it's all true and want to spread it like it actually means anything. Oh so you went to a leftist website and found something to pin on the right wingers!!!! SHOUT THAT SHIT OUT ATOP THE HILLS, MY GOOD CITIZEN!!!!

Fucking hell
yes..

that's what I'm finding the most striking about this whole situation. Everything is SO POLARIZED. Like, everyone has a one of two polar opposite opinions on a given topic and won't entertain that fact that the truth might be somewhere in between, or maybe in an entirely different direction.:comando:

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 03:35 AM   #175
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Numerical's Avatar
Austin
Age: 40
Posts: 10,845
MC Status: 45947481
Thanks: 6,802
Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,633 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
yes..

that's what I'm finding the most striking about this whole situation. Everything is SO POLARIZED. Like, everyone has a one of two polar opposite opinions on a given topic and won't entertain that fact that the truth might be somewhere in between, or maybe in an entirely different direction.:comando:
I just wonder if they are ever gonna get tired of doing it. All day with this shit, man. All. Goddamned. Day. Mass hysteria, I tells ya.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
Wulfsok (21-11-2016)
Old 16-11-2016, 03:39 AM   #176
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 10,021
MC Status: 198410
Thanks: 11,697
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
Re: You guys

I think the only time I can remember folks acting like this was over the OJ case. There has been a few other occasions, but nothing that really seems to have split people like this and the OJ trial.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #177
fid
IDMf Artist
fid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MC
fid's Avatar
\(_o)/
Posts: 13,557
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanks: 1,962
Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,966 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I think the only time I can remember folks acting like this was over the OJ case. There has been a few other occasions, but nothing that really seems to have split people like this and the OJ trial.
must be nice

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
h̷e̶y̴ ̷m̷a̴n̸ ̵l̶e̷t̴s̷ ̵f̷a̸c̴e̶ ̷i̶t̸ ̶s̸o̵m̵e̴t̷i̴m̴e̴s̶ ̸i̴t̷s̴ ̴j̴u̶s̶t̸ ̸t̴o̴x̵i̷c̴ ̵a̵n̶d̸ ̵j̷u̶s̷t̴ ̶k̸i̶l̶l̵s̶ ̷l̷e̶g̷i̶t̷i̴m̴a̵t̶e̵ ̷i̵n̷t̶e̷r̸e̸s̶t̷,̸ ̸b̷e̴t̷t̵e̶r̵ ̷t̷o̸ ̸h̸a̷v̷e̸ ̷"̶q̷u̴a̶l̷i̸t̷y̸ ̴p̶o̶s̴t̶s̸"̷ ̷t̸h̶e̸n̵ ̵b̶e̴ ̴t̵h̶e̴ ̷a̸m̷u̸s̷e̶m̵e̷n̷t̶ ̵p̸a̷r̶k̸ ̵o̵f̸ ̴s̶h̵e̶n̸n̴a̸n̶i̷g̸a̶n̶s̴ ̶a̴n̸d̸ ̸b̵u̶l̷l̶s̴h̴i̵t̶.̷.̴.̴o̸t̶h̶e̶r̸w̷i̵s̴e̵ ̵w̷h̸a̶t̴ ̶y̴o̷u̸r̵ ̷l̵e̴f̶t̶ ̴w̴i̵t̸h̵ ̵i̴s̷ ̶a̷ ̶c̴e̵s̶s̶p̷o̵o̵l̶ ̸a̷n̵d̴ ̴n̸o̶ ̷o̷n̴e̶ ̵w̷a̵n̴t̶s̷ ̷t̴o̷ ̷l̵i̸v̴e̵ ̷i̴n̷ ̴a̷ ̷c̴e̶s̸s̷p̸o̷o̶l̸.̵
fid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #178
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
Jaded's Avatar
Posts: 4,401
MC Status: 6906559
Thanks: 4,781
Thanked 3,547 Times in 2,147 Posts
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Your logic fails because you're assuming all of his ventures paid off.
So you're saying that all of the employees who worked for his failed business ventures, like say Trump Casino lol, had to pay back every dollar they earned in wages?

Shit son! That's Hillaryous!

And I don't know. Most entrepreneurs I've encountered would be more satisfied with having less money in their bank account if it meant they could say that they created work for people to do.

Anyhoo, interesting summary of the Trump dynasty or whatever it's called:


Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
I don't think it's the only thing, of course. However, I kind of agree, and I've been thinking something similar, as well. That parts of the left have driven some people right into the arms of the fringe right with that. However, in my opinion, not just due to a lack of trying to engage and understand while dismissing, but also the tendency of people when they're presented with evidence that contradicts their views to dig in deeper into what they believe already.
Yeah it's weird. I've noticed that it's become rarer and rarer to catch up with a group of people for dinner and end up with differences of opinion on the topics of the day. It seems like as soon as somebody even raises an eyebrow the topic gets changed. Either that, or people do disagree and then it turns into a sledging match instead of discourse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Politics aside. Spot on. This is like some GITS Stand Alone Complex level "post-truthism" going on...
I think these days you have to read a dozen articles of varying biases before you can get even a vague hint of what the fuck actually happened.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #179
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulfsok's Avatar
Wulf Palace
Age: 28
Posts: 1,951
MC Status: 40912
Thanks: 2,127
Thanked 805 Times in 590 Posts
Re: You guys

might i add the commercialization of discourse isnt helping anyone here.

thats something i think most can agree on sans conspiracy-laden agendas prevalent on both sides.

why the fuck would we watch cronkite when we can watch how kanye west ranted about his support of trump? it appears that the new york fucking times considers that front page material.

what happened to a balanced media? im honestly terrified of how the overall media presence vilifies trump and his supporters. hes our fucking president because he was a goldmine for ratings and nothing changed. it seems like forcing a country whom half of its own citizens decided not to vote to give a shit by either calling them A: racist nationalists or B: globalist crooks, isnt working.

globalists vs nationalists. fucking great, those are our teams now. /rant

------------------
Wulfsok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #180
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 10,021
MC Status: 198410
Thanks: 11,697
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
Re: You guys

Welcome back, Wulfsok..right in at the deep end, uh?

Advertisements


------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello guys! Miakel Introduce Yourself 3 12-01-2014 10:05 AM
Hey Guys. t_valor Introduce Yourself 0 30-08-2013 01:32 PM
Hey guys! Paragon Introduce Yourself 2 29-08-2013 08:25 AM
Thanks guys Numerical The Side Room 11 14-08-2013 11:56 PM
Hello Guys! Stephen_Spykes Introduce Yourself 0 23-07-2013 07:42 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.