You guys - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 14-11-2016, 10:58 AM   #141
Son of Akira
IDMf Artist
Son of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MC
over yonder, behind them old railroad tracks
MC Status: 47684970
Re: You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
NYT's exit polls showed only a 1% swing to Trump from ole whitey. If you want to blame a group or groups of people, blame blacks, hispanics and asians.

So when Putin is all like, "Yo Donny! Can't wait to catch up for some hang time at the white house. It's been a while." You're saying that this is when Putin is more likely to start launching nukes?

Dude go read a newspaper or something.

Well, now THIS is the dumbest fucking thing I've read yet on this forum. The sky's the limit though.

Advertisements

------------------
Son of Akira is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 11:45 AM   #142
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42392799
Thanked 5,176 Times in 3,374 Posts

Actually, Trump's 'winning' number of voters was less than previous Republican candidates have lost with in previous elections.

Some of the independents picked up votes that might have gone to Democrats under other circumstances but voting in general was lower than previous elections. Trump picked up some of the hispanic, black and Asian voters - more than expected but not enough to have made a massive difference.

Clinton got the largest number of votes but lost on the college system.

I put down Trump's win to apathy from those that didn't vote and also to very careful usage of door-to-door volunteers backed by proper data mining then very-specifically tailored campaigning for those areas deemed swingable.

Trump never needed to take votes directly from Clinton, all that was needed was to sow enough bad feeling about her so that some of her votes went to independents or didn't get used.

The FBI's behaviour during the campaign was appalling. There are very strong reasons why they are not allowed to make those kind of announcements when an election is upcoming.

Dirty election, poor behaviour all round, nobody covering themselves in glory, nobody can claim the high ground.

Its a shame the Democrats weren't ready for Bernie.

Trump will withdraw somewhat and isolate the USA, making space for the other super powers to advance their interests.

The USA is now being run by a man that would have made more money if he just put his inheritance into a bank account and let the interest grow, rather than making bad investments repeatedly over the years to the point where it allowed him to avoid paying, what was it, over $900m in tax? Something like that anyway.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
mnkvolcno (15-11-2016)
Old 14-11-2016, 11:33 PM   #143
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6905759
Thanked 3,531 Times in 2,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Akira View Post
Well, now THIS is the dumbest fucking thing I've read yet on this forum. The sky's the limit though.
I'm sorry you think the news is dumb and/or you can't accept reality.

A hateful, dishonest and corrupt candidate tried to take the White House and America stopped them. The world breathes a sigh of relief and hopes that you guys can pull your stupid heads out of your day arses and get your shit together instead of carrying on like a bunch of retarded babies who didn't get their own way.

Before you continue let me: shut up with your retarded catastrophising and learn to read good.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 11:51 PM   #144
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC

Damn New York Times. Exit polls are dumb. Maybe if I cry enough tears Hilldog will come and lick them from my face. Then maybe she'll go kill all of the racist black, Asian and Hispanic bigots who voted for Trump. Then we can go smash some shit until they let us win this election fair and square!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...xit-polls.html
Old 14-11-2016, 11:56 PM   #145
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Actually, Trump's 'winning' number of voters was less than previous Republican candidates have lost with in previous elections.

Some of the independents picked up votes that might have gone to Democrats under other circumstances but voting in general was lower than previous elections. Trump picked up some of the hispanic, black and Asian voters - more than expected but not enough to have made a massive difference.

Clinton got the largest number of votes but lost on the college system.

I put down Trump's win to apathy from those that didn't vote and also to very careful usage of door-to-door volunteers backed by proper data mining then very-specifically tailored campaigning for those areas deemed swingable.

Trump never needed to take votes directly from Clinton, all that was needed was to sow enough bad feeling about her so that some of her votes went to independents or didn't get used.

The FBI's behaviour during the campaign was appalling. There are very strong reasons why they are not allowed to make those kind of announcements when an election is upcoming.

Dirty election, poor behaviour all round, nobody covering themselves in glory, nobody can claim the high ground.

Its a shame the Democrats weren't ready for Bernie.

Trump will withdraw somewhat and isolate the USA, making space for the other super powers to advance their interests.

The USA is now being run by a man that would have made more money if he just put his inheritance into a bank account and let the interest grow, rather than making bad investments repeatedly over the years to the point where it allowed him to avoid paying, what was it, over $900m in tax? Something like that anyway.
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 12:26 AM   #146
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175277690
Thanked 2,729 Times in 1,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
If you're talking about movies, I've been saying the same thing for years
Not around here you haven't. Because you only have 84 posts.

Another IDMf newbie.

WELCOME!!!!!
deadmau7 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to deadmau7
Vault O))) (15-11-2016)
Old 15-11-2016, 01:04 AM   #147
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Really? If Donald Trump had parked his daddy's cash in the bank it would have accrued interest greater than the combined sum total of wages earned by every person employed directly or indirectly on any of his business ventures? I'd guess that's over tens of billions of dollars. The bank must give him a ridiculously high interest rate.

For term deposits in Australia, the average interest rate is just below 5% p.a.

At 5%, I'd need a $20,000,000 bank balance to cover my annual salary on interest alone. So that's about a billion in the bank per 50-100 people employed.

I wonder. Did anybody actually bother to do a few basic sums before spouting this bullshit statistic? :shitstorm:
Old 15-11-2016, 01:16 AM   #148
NeuralPunk
Old skool lurka
NeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MC
Ruins of a fallen empire.
MC Status: 231093978

Quote:
Really? If Donald Trump had parked his daddy's cash in the bank it would have accrued interest greater than the combined sum total of wages earned by every person employed directly or indirectly on any of his business ventures? I'd guess that's over tens of billions of dollars. The bank must give him a ridiculously high interest rate.

For term deposits in Australia, the average interest rate is just below 5% p.a.

At 5%, I'd need a $20,000,000 bank balance to cover my annual salary on interest alone. So that's about a billion in the bank per 50-100 people employed.

I wonder. Did anybody actually bother to do a few basic sums before spouting this bullshit statistic? :shitstorm:
There's definitely a joke to be made here about Trump using illegal immigrants as his workforce and then not paying them shit... but I can't be arsed.

------------------
NeuralPunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 01:25 AM   #149
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuralPunk View Post
There's definitely a joke to be made here about Trump using illegal immigrants as his workforce and then not paying them shit... but I can't be arsed.
Yeah because it's not a joke. The joke is that Trump could have accrued billions of dollars in wages simply by parking his money with a bunch of rich cunts and collecting interest.

... and all of the bullshit jokes and cynicism is what got the left here in the first place. Just look at people's reactions to what rational people have said in this thread - you're a fuck, you're dumb, you're a racist, etc, etc. It boggles the mind because I'm pretty far left of center. But not far enough, it seems, to live in a fantasy world where having a vagina cancels out criminality.

Old 15-11-2016, 01:45 AM   #150
dada_davros
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC
MC Status: 12310

Quote:
Just look at people's reactions to what rational people have said in this thread - you're a fuck, you're dumb, you're a racist, etc, etc.
A quick glance shows your posts to be the most abusive by far, on this page at least. Also you should probably find a better source of "reality" than an exit poll, largely considered to be the least reliable form of polling around elections.

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 01:52 AM   #151
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_davros View Post
A quick glance shows your posts to be the most abusive by far, on this page at least. Also you should probably find a better source of "reality" than an exit poll, largely considered to be the least reliable form of polling around elections.
Which parts are abusive?
Old 15-11-2016, 02:23 AM   #152
NeuralPunk
Old skool lurka
NeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MC
Ruins of a fallen empire.
MC Status: 231093978

Quote:
Yeah because it's not a joke. The joke is that Trump could have accrued billions of dollars in wages simply by parking his money with a bunch of rich cunts and collecting interest.

... and all of the bullshit jokes and cynicism is what got the left here in the first place. Just look at people's reactions to what rational people have said in this thread - you're a fuck, you're dumb, you're a racist, etc, etc. It boggles the mind because I'm pretty far left of center. But not far enough, it seems, to live in a fantasy world where having a vagina cancels out criminality.

You need to chill a bit. I wasn't implying that the statement about Trump interest vs payroll costs was true or false and if anything I personally think you're right about the fact checking. I made a flippant comment because this is the Sideroom and behaving in a retarded way is the norm, by trying to say that my behaviour here in the far corner of the internet can be applied to the US leftist movement as a whole is ridiculous. The lead up to the current state of affairs is way more complicated than "people needed to stop making funnies".

I also agree somewhat with your statement about people's reactions to statements from people trying to have rational discussion, but in general I don't tend to get seriously involved in these discussion/debates because they don't solve shit (maybe you change one mind or you just provoke more people to feel you're implying they're are dumb because they disagree but can't articulated why without going away and spending time getting read up on this stuff and stop engaging in any kind of discussion with people who think differently than they do, you can't control it) and are likely to provoke the most cancerous of behaviour seemingly because people will fly off the handle (as has happened).

------------------
NeuralPunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 02:58 AM   #153
dada_davros
dada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MCdada_davros is a savage MC

Quote:
Which parts are abusive?
Really??? Ok here goes, and this is just from the last 5 hours and just from this thread
Quote:
Maybe if I cry enough tears Hilldog will come and lick them from my face.
Quote:
you can't accept reality.
Quote:
you guys can pull your stupid heads out of your day arses and get your shit together instead of carrying on like a bunch of retarded babies who didn't get their own way.
Quote:
shut up with your retarded catastrophising and learn to read good.
All of these were used by you to denigrate and insult those you disagreed with.

------------------
Old 15-11-2016, 03:11 AM   #154
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Quote:
Really??? Ok here goes, and this is just from the last 5 hours and just from this thread

All of these were used by you to denigrate and insult those you disagreed with.
None of those statements constitutes abuse.

Quote:
Maybe if I cry enough tears Hilldog will come and lick them from my face.
People are crying because Hillary lost the election.

Quote:
you can't accept reality.
People blaming ignorance and racism for the election result are demonstrating an unwillingness to accept reality (like the outcome of a democratic election).

Quote:
you guys can pull your stupid heads out of your day arses and get your shit together instead of carrying on like a bunch of retarded babies who didn't get their own way.
People who are crying and moaning after the election are stupid cry babies and if they had been more vocal in their support of their democratically nominated candidate when they were getting screwed by the social elites Bernie Sanders would be president.

Quote:
shut up with your retarded catastrophising and learn to read good.
People running around and saying WWIII is going to start and this is the beginning of the end of civilisation are catastrophising. Reading and being informed about current events would be a better way to spend one's energy than running around screaming, "The sky is falling", when it very clearly isn't.

Do you get it it yet? Different opinions is not equal to abuse.
Old 15-11-2016, 03:12 AM   #155
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 109400
Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,403 Posts

Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 03:26 AM   #156
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Stop abusing me Oatbag!
Old 15-11-2016, 03:41 AM   #157
dada_davros

Keep digging Jaded, your abuse of others is plain to see to all of us here. Seriously, why such hate for others? Do you really have nothing to offer any subject at all? And then being so envious of others having considered discussions, you to try and unfurl any civility with barrage of ad hominem insults, each less imaginative than the one preceding it?

------------------
Old 15-11-2016, 04:11 AM   #158
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Quote:
Keep digging Jaded, your abuse of others is plain to see to all of us here. Seriously, why such hate for others?
Dude, I've got nothing but love. Your personal relationships must be super boring if you expect everyone to agree with you.

Quote:
Do you really have nothing to offer any subject at all?
Okay then.

My points so far have been: Trump's not a racist, Hillary lost the election, people need to stop crying and accept reality and get their shit together between now and the next election.

What exactly have you offered on the subject other than to say "People who disagree with me are abusers?"

Quote:
And then being so envious of others having considered discussions, you to try and unfurl any civility with barrage of ad hominem insults, each less imaginative than the one preceding it?
Says the guy whose calling me an abuser instead bothering make a single, cognisant counter argument to statements I've made.

This bullshit logic of "They disagree with my point of view therefore they're abusive / racist / whatever" is exactly why we lost the election to a fat, orange, retarded man.

I'm sorry you can't deal with that dude. But if the left doesn't snap out of it in the next four years, then we're going to have eight years of Trump. If that really bothers you as much as it bothers me then it's your prerogative to change your behaviour and learn how to listen to alternative points of view...

Old 15-11-2016, 05:07 AM   #159
rewir3d
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016
MC Status: 3063969

If thats abuse then I am def getting molested here. I have been called racists, retarded, bigot, etc. etc. for stating my simple opinions.....I still haven't cried about it. It really doesn't bother me, it just shows the other persons true colors.
rewir3d is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 05:23 AM   #160
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewir3d View Post
If thats abuse then I am def getting molested here. I have been called racists, retarded, bigot, etc. etc. for stating my simple opinions.....I still haven't cried about it. It really doesn't bother me, it just shows the other persons true colors.
This is the problem. There's all these people who whinge and moan about inclusion, diversity and tolerance who go on to behave in an intolerant way that excludes people who disagree with them. I'm all for inclusion, diversity and tolerance. But unfortunately for the delicate snowflakes, inclusion means listening to everyone, diversity means having different ideas and tolerance requires being open to the idea that you could be wrong in your assumptions and beliefs.

I don't see what's so bad about having different points of view. Like you and I. I would wager we have completely different opinions on as many issues that we agree on. But fuck that doesn't make you a racist or a bigot. It just makes you and I different, and that's an awesome opportunity to learn.

Sadly though, people have become so reductive that someone like me who votes for the Greens party (super progressive left wing minority party here) is a right-wing ultra-conservative because they call out the liberal elite for turning their backs on the common people. That's literally the level that people have sunk to now.

Advertisements