Best USB hub for live performances?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 21-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4410
Icon4 Best USB hub for live performances?

I've got a live set up with 4 midi controllers (Akai APC40, MPD18, novation Launch Control and Launch Control XL). Since my laptop only have 2 USB ports (and the first one is used by the audio interface), I have to use a powered USB hub.

I had some troubles using midi in my setup (mostly drivers issues), but today I've got a new one: one USB port on my 4 ports hub crashes from time to time. My 10 euros hub seems to struggle with huge amount of ascending and descending midi messages... Obviously it's very irritating when it happens in the middle of a live set.

So my question is, do you a have a model of at least 4 ports that you know works well when receiving a lot of data?

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 173710
Thanked 3,474 Times in 2,073 Posts
Re: Best USB hub for live performances?

I have relied on two of these forever.

thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
Sons of Achab (22-01-2018)
Old 23-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #3
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4410
Re: Best USB hub for live performances?

Thanks! I'll try the 7 ports model later today, I hope it won't fail!

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote