[JAWM] Bognor Regis Fun Cunt - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 02-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #41
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282484
Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,748 Posts
Re: [JAWM] Bognor Regis Fun Cunt

aaand I'm gonna be back at it again. before I write a massive essay about my plans that nobody will read I'm gonna write a smaller essay about my first jawm fawm attempt

the 7 tracks I made and posted in this thread have become one of my favourite little collections of music that ive ever made. each track took so so many incredibly frustrating hours trying to deal with sequencers that wont loop properly, playing the same thing over and over again for an hour straight just to try and get it in time. trying to play the simplest bass lines and melodies in in time over and over for an hour and then not being able to sync it up anyway. trying to 'perform' the finished track and have movement in the music when you can only have one effect on at a time and its jesus hard to change properly and turn on/off in time. trying to mix in a sampler which is basically impossible... could write 3000 words on the problems basically. BUT looking back now I love the sound of it, I love the style and I love the music itself in general. when I use a computer i guess i feel that i have to use the crazy possibilities to it fullest. this music just feels good to me and that's it. when playing it back now i went across the room to get some chewing gum and ended up just dancing on the spot for 5 minutes. this reminds me that while i made this music i used to just skank for 15 minutes at the other side of the room... ive never done this with any other music ive made

not sure what my point is I'm talking to myself but yeah. i think theres a lot to be said for getting away from the computer for the album writing thing.

for many various reasons ive bought 2 bits of kit recently and my plan is to finally do a hardware setup where different shit it running in sync to make a track, not one where its all put together in one/2 samplers on the sequencers. I'm basically doing my own jawm anyway and JESUS SHIT I JUST REALISED ITS ACTUALLY JANUARY WHILE IM WRITING THIS!!! fuck.

my kit list:

Drum machine (just bought it)
roland sp555 sampler
roland sp404 sampler (may play a bit part role or as an effects unit)
Yamaha mg10 mixer (got it last Christmas and never used it... new i needed it tho)
monophonic synth
akai miniak (probably will record chords into sampler and sequence from there, MAY have it sequenced live but doubt it its a bag of shit)

arturia beatstep pro (arrives tomorrow)

I'm thinking the drum machine will mainly cover the drums (HAHA YOU RECKON) which will make things so much easier and quicker and will free up all the polyphony on the sampler

the beatstep will sequence the monophonic synth for bass lines and melodies and the other two sequencer tracks could be use to sequence the drum machine IF it makes it easier to swich patterns for live performance all within the beat step

if not then maybe another monophonic synth line on the miniak. Also the sp404/sp505 do not have step sequencers so it will be a fuckin god send revelation to sequence them with steps.

I'm so fuckin excited. i have no idea how I'm gonna arrange these tracks. i have one send on my mixer, I'm thinking of buying a really cheap 90s multi effects pedal for reverb and some bonus other shit.
if anybody managed to read this any thoughts on additions to my setup before i get going in the next few weeks? i really want a low pass filter more involved somewhere.

this post was straight up verbal diarrhoea purely because i needed to get it out of me after being nonstop in my head for weeks... literally even during sex sometimes and you wont believe it but really great sex... I'm there thinking about drum machines FUCK

cheers

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to FunkMasterBrown
jbvdb493 (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #42
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25260

Cool
This was already a year ago, crazy!
I might be home in a couple of weeks, so maybe I might join you in a JEPWM
all hardware so I can learn my a4 and relearn the octatrack and most likely guitar for chords and drones!
If not, good luck on yours and start a new thread when you kick it off!

------------------
jbvdb493 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jbvdb493
FunkMasterBrown (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 07:14 PM   #43
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282484
Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Cool
This was already a year ago, crazy!
I might be home in a couple of weeks, so maybe I might join you in a JEPWM
all hardware so I can learn my a4 and relearn the octatrack and most likely guitar for chords and drones!
If not, good luck on yours and start a new thread when you kick it off!
eyyyyyyy my JAWM buddy! that sounds like a really good plan man! if I do end up setting myself more of a framework and jawming myself out I will start a new thread although I may not actually share this music with anybody in the end weirdly

cheerss

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote