Exhaustive(?) jungle breaks library
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 26-10-2017, 09:25 AM   #1
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3460
Exhaustive(?) jungle breaks library

Last day while watching on youtube a drum n bass tutorial by a random guy (actually showing us how to make a shitty mainstream dubstep track but that's not the point), I found this link in the description:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It's a webpage containing a lot of drum breaks used in countless tracks and libraries, but in their original form. All the classics are here: amen break, think break, funky drummer break, but there are also less known breaks that sounds awesome.

Oh, and of course it's free.

Advertisements

------------------
Sons of Achab is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19760
Re: Exhaustive(?) jungle breaks library

that site is older than my grandads left testicle.

Last edited by joem; 26-10-2017 at 12:32 PM..
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
Daggit (31-10-2017)
Old 31-10-2017, 06:08 AM   #3
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 9410

Thanks!

Very cool to check out the originals. My inner musicology geek is loving this.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
MaxPowers
IDMf's latest spammer
MaxPowers has a spectacular aura aboutMaxPowers has a spectacular aura aboutMaxPowers has a spectacular aura about
Surrey
MC Status: 210

Been using that site for years

I remember backing up that site out of the fear that such an old site would go down eventually

Now I have an entire folder of classic jungle breaks in their original format.

Endless fun!
MaxPowers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MaxPowers
Daggit (31-10-2017)
Old 31-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #5
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560

I always feel kinda funny listening to loops like these because it reminds me of how much a lot of the chart-toppers seemed like musical geniuses, when really they didn't do so much for percussion--it was all lifted. I mean, there are some tunes that really did demonstrate musical talent too, but a lot of one-hit wonders really just rode on the coattails of these oldschool tracks. It's just that they had the money to buy expensive samplers back then while a lot of us didn't.

I guess I'm kinda glad that era is over.

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:57 AM   #6
MaxPowers
IDMf's latest spammer
MaxPowers has a spectacular aura aboutMaxPowers has a spectacular aura aboutMaxPowers has a spectacular aura about
Surrey
MC Status: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggit View Post
a lot of one-hit wonders really just rode on the coattails of these oldschool tracks. It's just that they had the money to buy expensive samplers back then while a lot of us didn't.
I agree. The advent of DAWs means that anyone with a little bit of spare money can make music. Everyone having a DAW means you are forced to put effort in to make stand out music and can't just loop samples anymore.

That being said I am often lazy when it comes to making DnB/Jungle beats and only spend about 30 mins per track on the percussion just purely slicing these samples up to make them sound more fresh. Better than these trap producers at least.
MaxPowers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MaxPowers
Daggit (01-11-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
Iyashi Sound
Analog Lurker
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3910

I can't tell if you guys are stupid or just trolling.

The myth that "buying an expensive sampler" made you able to produce a hit record in seconds dates back to the 80s. Envious squareheads saying stuff like: "Anyone could do that if they had the right equipment, - just press a few buttons and then you have a hit!".

It probably sounds comforting if you're feeling dumb and left out, but it was simply never true.

Having nice equipment is a bonus, - but you need musical talent, technical skills and, most of all, the willingness to dedicate yourself to the craft. The emergence of affordable DAWs hasn't really changed that.

Buying a Fender guitar won't make you Jimi Hendrix either btw. Show some respect please. Thank you.
Iyashi Sound is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: Seriously, I'm not trolling. I grew up during the 70s-80s-90s-etc.
I closely followed the market trends for several decades and remember when a CD burner costed > 3000 dollars. I bought an AKAI whatever sampler back around 2002 and was finally able to pull of some stuff when the RAM prices had finally fallen and diskette drives were still around. Of course it takes some talent to do loop sampling, and of course to make it more interesting, but beat matching and all the rest is rather easy in a modern DAW....

------------------
Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #9
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Icon2 continued post

:

... Even back then, for those that had the expensive early gear, cut and paste was tedious and expensive as hell, but not really all that hard. It's just that I used to think that they programmed in every single drum hit like a drum machine, when in fact they just lifted a classic loop that had already been composed/performed/mixed/mastered at least a decade or two before. This is why drummers are still valuable. I certainly do respect them--alot and respect people who program drums too. There are different types of sampling and composing; it's not all bad, of course. But do we have to state the obvious?

------------------
Old 02-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #10
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggit View Post
: Seriously, I'm not trolling. I grew up during the 70s-80s-90s-etc.
so that makes you over 60 then. no wonder some opf your comments are dated. your getting senile.

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote