[Piano EDM] Funktion - Instrumental 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #1
Funktion
Microknight
Funktion will become famous soon enough
Montreal
MC Status: 60
[Piano EDM] Funktion - Instrumental 2

Hi there !

This is an old piano creation I've made like... one year ago and I finally have the guts to record it and masterise it on FL studio. Hope you will enjoy this. Dont esitate to post any feedback you have.

If the link don't work try this :
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 17-10-2017 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: Fixed title

Advertisements

------------------
-----DJ Funktion-----

soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/officialfunktion

Push yourself
Funktion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Piano EDM] Funktion - Instrumental 2.
Old 17-10-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
PeteVai
Analog Lurker
PeteVai has a spectacular aura aboutPeteVai has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 160
Re: [Piano EDM] Instrumental 2 - Funktion

I love this !!!
I'm somewhat sick of piano songs because it's seems like the progression is the same and the chords are just some octaves down and voilá, a track -.-

But this is so good. I love the ambience sounds you infused here and the transitions are spot on.
I also enjoy the more relaxed vibe of the outro.

I would only ask for a bit more low end on the bass, to blend everything even better.

Cheers!

------------------
PeteVai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 01:51 AM   #3
Funktion
Microknight
Montreal

Thanks for your fast respond !

I dropped the bass a little, as you said. Actually, I don't hear it too loud on my rokit5 speakers but on my fathers bass it blaze all out of it and I can't hear anything... I also changed the bass sample for the second phase with a 808 kick. Il seems more logical this way. Thanks again and have a good day

-Funktion-

------------------
-----DJ Funktion-----

Push yourself
Old 17-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387549
Thanked 5,071 Times in 3,306 Posts

I really like that chord progression with the piano. The cold, brittle piano sounds very '70s spy thriller. Not James Bond, actual spy thrillers. Loved it. Can hear the clunks and thunks as you're moving around but it doesn't take away from it, I think it adds a bit of atmosphere.

Not crazy on the crash right at the start. Personally I'd remove that and just let the second crash be the first crash. I think its a bit too much in the face before the listener has had a chance to psych up.

Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Now following on SC, loooong time I think since I've done that.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #5
MaxPowers
IDMf's latest spammer
MaxPowers has a spectacular aura aboutMaxPowers has a spectacular aura aboutMaxPowers has a spectacular aura about
Surrey
MC Status: 210

I love to lo-fi sound of the piano coupled with the hi-fi sound of the percussion. Also I do enjoy the fact that the piano tonality changes every now and then eg. 0:28 where it goes from minor to major tonality. Too many tracks just repeat the same tonality and it just gets dull.

There could be a more lengthy intro as the track does start a bit too suddenly (personally I would use some form of reverse reverb). Also, while the kick drum is very nice and infitting with the music I would play around with it a bit although that probably isn't worth it since it isn't really a massive feature in this track.

Good job
MaxPowers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
Toothpinch
Radial Developer
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1960

Wow.
That's great!
Wouldn't change anything other than what was already mentioned (first crash / bass level).
Loved the transitions.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #7
SpTk
Radial Developer
SpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MCSpTk is a savage MC
MC Status: 230919

Really cool track man, love the way the piano moves and I like the fact there are some dynamics in the track. I feel like a lot of electronic music starts at one dynamic level and stays there.

I'm not a hug fan of the brightness of the piano, I feel like a more lo fi sound would be cool, but that's really personal taste and everyone else likes it so feel free to ignore me on that one.

Great stuff! Followed on SC

------------------
SpTk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #8
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter
rmedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Re: [Piano EDM] Funktion - Instrumental 2

really good

------------------
rmedhurst is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #9
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963198
Thanked 1,147 Times in 883 Posts

the only thing i would change is the mixing, the high end is a bit harsh, and the piano sounds like its at max volume, the more headroom you leave the louder it will sound, i would suggest to filter out some frequencies with an eq so that each sound has more space to breath. I couldn't listen to some bits at max volume but other than that the track is good

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #10
Duck Key
Regular Freak
Duck Key will become famous soon enough

Love the originality of the piano line.

I can imagine it more as a soundtrack than a track you would necessarily buy on iTunes etc.

overall though its extremely emotional and creates great tension!
Duck Key is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 11:23 PM   #11
Funktion
Microknight
Montreal

Thanks yall for your great support !

I will upload more in the future but I keep this one with updates on the release matter !

Thanks again

-Funktion-

Advertisements

------------------
-----DJ Funktion-----

Push yourself