Jaco Pastorius - 30th Death Anniversary
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 21-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
meltphace 6
Knob Twiddler
meltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond repute
/dev/null
MC Status: 4602
Jaco Pastorius - 30th Death Anniversary

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

Advertisements

meltphace 6 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to meltphace 6
envelope3 (23-09-2017)
Old 22-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20360
Re: Jaco Pastorius - 30th Death Anniversary

I heard a guy play 'Portrait Of Tracy' the other day on bass, I love that song, I wish I had the time to dig deeper into his music but I just haven't been able to lately.

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 03:05 AM   #3
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 9410

Jaco was probably the most important bass player of the last 60 years. He left an influence on players as big as Hendrix did for guitarists.

He was an Fing nut job though.

He joined Weather Report by going to one of their shows and approaching Joe Zawinul after the show and proclaiming "I'm Jaco Pastorius and I'm the best bass player in the world. I should be in your band". He got the gig.

He was beaten to death outside of a Florida nightclub. I don't believe anyone was ever charged with his murder.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 03:11 AM   #4
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa

Jaco live looping in 1979
Old 29-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
meltphace 6
Knob Twiddler
meltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond reputemeltphace 6 has a reputation beyond repute
/dev/null
MC Status: 4602

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
He was beaten to death outside of a Florida nightclub. I don't believe anyone was ever charged with his murder.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/198...rius-luc-havan

Re "nut job": JP was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. The diagnosis plus the fact that his parents split up early, etc... I just love Jaco and his music too much to simply accept him being called a nut job. The guy loved and embraced life, I talked to a couple people who knew/worked with him. He was a sweet guy but not everyone got/understood him.

The Word Of Mouth Band in Ontario '82:

https://youtu.be/mKYzva1Ltnw
meltphace 6 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:45 AM   #6
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltphace 6 View Post
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/198...rius-luc-havan

Re "nut job": JP was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. The diagnosis plus the fact that his parents split up early, etc... I just love Jaco and his music too much to simply accept him being called a nut job. The guy loved and embraced life, I talked to a couple people who knew/worked with him. He was a sweet guy but not everyone got/understood him.

The Word Of Mouth Band in Ontario '82:

https://youtu.be/mKYzva1Ltnw
I totally get that. I didn't know that part of the story and assumed something much different. I apologize for my ignorant quip.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Thanks to envelope3
meltphace 6 (11-10-2017)