Want to play piano over...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 26-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193
Want to play piano over...

I have no idea how this will work. But fuck...I really like playing(simply even) piano. I use The Giant for my piano stuff and Ambience VST for my reverbs and either Live's stock Ping Pong or Simple Delay for my delay stuff.

Anyway, I'm curious if people would send stuff to me on the basis that I'd write/play/record my little "jam sessions" with it. Piano stuff. And they could use it for their projects or not. No worries.

This is more an experiment for myself than whether or not you need it for your stuff but I'd love to simply fail over and over and send you a zip of some live recordings for your troubles and interest.

I don't promise they'll be useable and if I can't even get into it, I'll message you back that I couldn't come up with anything.

Just send me a link to your dropbox or an SC tune(mix) and give me the bass notes( just what they are, I should be able to hear it otherwise.

I will attempt to play intervals, individual notes, jumping around octaves and some chords myself.

Actually, if you don't want to PM me the stuff, put them in thread and lets see what other people come up with.

EDIT - I can also send over midi and/or wav files. Just let me know ahead of time as I'll be dropping the files/projects pretty quickly afterwards(HD space is a bitch now).

Last edited by bbb; 26-03-2014 at 04:52 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
Re: Want to play piano over...

Again, not to spam. I'm curious if some people would unexpectedly send my some of their tracks for me to play piano to. I can find the notes I need but if you have a bassline or anything, that'd be awesome. Just want to see what it'd be like to jack around.

Delete entirely if need be.

------------------
Say
Old 27-03-2014, 03:28 AM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538780
Thanked 6,957 Times in 4,949 Posts

I am willing to give this a shot. I don't know when I can look through my projects and send you something, but I will. Pester me about it in a few days if I haven't yet ;p

If it turned out interesting how would you feel about passing your audio back to me to finish up into a proper tune?

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
bbb (27-03-2014)
Old 27-03-2014, 03:37 AM   #4
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I am willing to give this a shot. I don't know when I can look through my projects and send you something, but I will. Pester me about it in a few days if I haven't yet ;p

If it turned out interesting how would you feel about passing your audio back to me to finish up into a proper tune?
I drunkly made the first post, so if I didn't clarify it then I will now. I will send the individual audio from the piano play, if referencing to the parts of a track is needed, I l'll shoot that over with it. Also, midi and audio will come zipped. In case the midi helps.

Most of it will be unedited, I hate arps as a tool but will use grooves to edit any arp-like play I can't cleanly play.

------------------
Say
Old 27-03-2014, 03:41 AM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538780
Thanked 6,957 Times in 4,949 Posts

Oh I see that now : ) Cool man. As I said, I will send something soon.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
bbb (27-03-2014)
Old 27-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #6
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

This would be fun to do, play piano, or come up with melodies to go with other tracks.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
bbb (28-03-2014)
Old 28-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #7
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

I'm thinking the same thing.

------------------
Say
Old 30-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #8
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
I'm thinking the same thing.
Maybe I can send you some piano to play piano over?
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #9
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/»»»»»\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

I got a real basic loop going that I kinda like the sound of but not really sure what to do with it right now. Bass plays two notes E - C and loops. There's a little sine-wave thing in there too as the notes transition from E to C, and it plays E G E. If you'd rather it wasn't there I can take it out. I really don't care what scale you want to play in - go crazy with whatever jams you'd like to play over it .

BPM: 117

PM'd you the link.

Edit: PM'd you the track with just the drums and bass...might be better to use that .

Last edited by scyn; 21-04-2014 at 02:22 PM..
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to scyn
Muse-ic (21-04-2014)
Old 21-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #10
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Sweet. Gonna dl after I cool down from a quick jog.

------------------
Say
Old 21-04-2014, 11:40 PM   #11
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Maybe I can send you some piano to play piano over?
That's fine too.

------------------
Say
Old 22-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #12
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/»»»»»\/\

Thanks so much for the files . Had a quick listen at work and there's definitely some stuff I can work with here - gonna take a proper listen tonight in the context of the loop. Really cool idea this.
Thanks to scyn
bbb (22-04-2014)
Old 22-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #13
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Can't wait to hear how you use those bits.

------------------
Say
Old 16-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
scyn
/\/»»»»»\/\

Bumping this because it's a cool free service. Send your beats, get some piano shiz in return for you to use as is or mangle with glee. It's as simple as that. A great way to get some fusion goin' on between you and someone else's ideas.
Thanks to scyn
bbb (20-05-2014)
Old 01-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #15
scyn
/\/»»»»»\/\

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
Can't wait to hear how you use those bits.
Dude a long time ago I realized I'd lost the files you sent me. I never got round to fessing up. Now it's a year later and I'm still having sleepless nights about it and my life cannot go on until I let you know I've lost your lovingly created stems. So...sowry .

And the thread needed a bump - if indeed you're still doing this .

Advertisements