IDMf Sample Pack
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Benwaa
IDMf Sample Pack

Ok so we've had the same sample pack for label donations for a while now and it's time it got updated.
Over the time we've had samples in the give away packs from Anodye Industries, Silent Strangers, and Myself too.
This time i think it would be awesome if we could all contribute something. So... If each of you could make 10 samples of anything you want and send me tem in a zip/rar file i'll include them in the supporters pack, and of course each sample you submit will be cedited t you.
The last point highlights the insistence that any samples you submit for this need to be totally your own work, not taken from anywhere else at all. So go out and record stuff, or start synthesizing away!

We don't want loops at all but the following are examples of what is acceptable: single drum/perc hits. singe instrument/synth notes (note is required as part of filename), bas/synth multis, foley recordings field recordings and so on. I'm sure you get the idea.

WAV or AIFF only please.

Also, make sure each sample is labelled correctly if you could, "snare_hit_01, snare_hit_02" and so on, just so it's easy to put them in the right folders and for anyone downloading them to know what's what

I'm looking to have this complete by the end of feb, and i'm pretty sure 10 samples from a few of you will create an amazing and unique sample pack.

Please don't post them here though, PM me them privately please, but feel free to discuss and banter about it all here

Last edited by Benwaa; 11-02-2014 at 12:45 PM..

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060
Re: IDMf Sample Pack

Ill try to put a couple together, will let you know if it works out. Dumb question inc: where can i find the pack atm?

------------------
twilitez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitez View Post
Ill try to put a couple together, will let you know if it works out. Dumb question inc: where can i find the pack atm?

you should have had a PM with the link(s) in when you donated, if you can't find ir PM me and i'll send you the Link(s)
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts

I'm in for this. Will PM you as directed when I'm done.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Old 11-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Forgot to ask..is there a certain bit rate you want em in..or is the WAV format the only requirement you have?

------------------
Old 11-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Benwaa

16bit or above WAV or AIFF
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
A.M (11-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
quizybuck
Soundwave Mangler
quizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond repute
North Carolina
MC Status: 2660

Any specific maximum length? I'm not quite at the point that I can donate money yet, but noise makin' I can do.
quizybuck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to quizybuck
Old 11-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #8
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010

Cool, I'll try to make something too.

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Nyul
Old 11-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #9
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizybuck View Post
Any specific maximum length? I'm not quite at the point that I can donate money yet, but noise makin' I can do.

if you read the OP it states what we're looking for i think, use common sense
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538780
Thanked 6,957 Times in 4,949 Posts

Right on. Sounds fun. Some analog samples comin' right up : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Old 11-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Just a question @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
would you be at all interested in addition to a sample set something like Maschine 2.0 kit, Ableton Racks, anything like that? Or strictly audio files so everyone can use them?

------------------
Old 11-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #12
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Just a question @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
would you be at all interested in addition to a sample set something like Maschine 2.0 kit, Ableton Racks, anything like that? Or strictly audio files so everyone can use them?

as it's for a reward as such for donating, i'd like to say try to keep it to samples only that are usable across the broadest medium. At the same time, i also think it would be awesome to have some user created kontakt, maschine or whatever sets in there too

also the pack will be given to all those who submit samples for this too of course
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
relic (11-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #13
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295370
Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,571 Posts

I shall see what I can do for this.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Yeah, but he needs to rock out more.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Trusty Steed
Old 11-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #14
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

In.

Going to snatch some stuff from The Giant. A note or two from different pianos there and the crazy side of it.

Last edited by bbb; 11-02-2014 at 03:50 PM..

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
as it's for a reward as such for donating, i'd like to say try to keep it to samples only that are usable across the broadest medium. At the same time, i also think it would be awesome to have some user created kontakt, maschine or whatever sets in there too

also the pack will be given to all those who submit samples for this too of course

Cool man. I will start with the samples first as I am usually Mr Big Ideas but Short on Time/Motivation.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Old 11-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
Jazzyspoon
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35996096

I'll grab some of my sounds for this, too, and send them your way.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jazzyspoon
Old 11-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #17
wierdsnow
Minor Glitch
wierdsnow is a jewel in the roughwierdsnow is a jewel in the roughwierdsnow is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

I have a question if you have royalty-free samples that you obtained as a gift, can you send 'em to you? Ofc, credits will go for rightful owners. or this is only samples crafted by us members will go to the pack(already are in the pack)?
wierdsnow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #18
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdsnow View Post
I have a question if you have royalty-free samples that you obtained as a gift, can you send 'em to you? Ofc, credits will go for rightful owners. or this is only samples crafted by us members will go to the pack(already are in the pack)?
Dude....srsly....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
any samples you submit for this need to be totally your own work, not taken from anywhere else at all.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #19
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdsnow View Post
Taken from Ben's post above..

"..The last point highlights the insistence that any samples you submit for this need to be totally your own work, not taken from anywhere else at all. So go out and record stuff, or start synthesizing away!"

I don't think he can be much clearer about it.

------------------
Old 12-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #20
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Is there a deadline involved?

I'm in, just would like to know how long I have.

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote