interested in being part of an electronic arts event? - UK/Ireland members!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Classifieds Buy, Sell and offer your services to other members here

Old 10-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
Benwaa
Icon6 interested in being part of an electronic arts event? - UK/Ireland members!

How many of you would be into performing live at an even up in North Wales? There'd be no pay for it, just promotion and exposure. I'm thinking of setting up an electronic arts music event (music/visuals etc etc) nothing like a rave BTW, more focused on the creative aspect of hings so it'd be a good opportunity to showcase skills and unique approaches/techniques an so on.
I get that money will be factor for some people, as the event would be staged as a first time i don't have the funds to potentially lose putting it on, but if the event did make money I'd want to split anything equally amongst everyone involved.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Benwaa; 10-05-2013 at 01:14 PM..

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts
Re: interested in being part of an electronic arts event? - UK/Ireland members!

FUCK. I would be so totally interested in playing a set at an event like this, but it's just so far away. Bump anyways.

My only question ahead of time if I were attending would be: would there be a PA system set up or are acts bringing their own amps and the like?

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PROton42
oly (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269463108
Thanked 2,790 Times in 1,854 Posts

I could do an Automageddon semi-live set like I did last night.
A drummer and I he would be playing the drum parts to my tracks, while I add more noises.
If you want to have an idea, a recording of the last live set is here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This time he only added kick and snare, but we are already talking about using the full drum kit next.

This is a tentative yes, I also need to check with the other guy as the train/bus and stay could be quite expensive.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538730
Thanked 6,956 Times in 4,948 Posts

Stellar idea. I'd come out and support you if it weren't a really expensive airplane ticket ;p Sounds like a great time.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
Benwaa

In terms of accommodation for artists/those taking part I would look after that so there shouldn't be that expense.

There will be a full set up so artist need just turn up with what gear they need to make noise and that'd be it. PA and the like would be there. The idea is to have an event that people can access electronic art and vice-versa, it'd be a daytime and evening/might thing. So it'd be focused on getting people involved, workshops, A/V experienced and whatnot too on top of performances, I'd like to try get not just electronic music art but visual and maybe even other sensory stuff too - as long as it's focused on creativity, accessibility and the art
This is something I'm looking into funding and grants for right now
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
PROton42 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
neutral
Savage Mad Cunt
neutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MC
Manchester
MC Status: 103011127

If my music wasn't total shit I'd say I'd do it. As it is I'll definitely make the trip down to support the event though.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Akira View Post
New years day 2000 my guitar became self-aware. It kills fascists with three chords and the truth.
neutral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to neutral
Old 10-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
Benwaa

^^that's good enough for me! manc is only a 1hour 40 drive away too
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744030091
Thanked 7,253 Times in 4,508 Posts

I'd be willing to do some sort of cobbled together jam set with a mate of mine.
I could also help with things at the event and would be willing to chip in some cash to make it happen.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
Benwaa

double awesome! I will be in touch further lolirl!
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

wow who wants to fly me out to this (besides nobody)

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to stem collector
PROton42 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
Benwaa

well i've been looking into grant funding for such a thing since earlier, and it seems that such an event should easily qualify, so depending on the grants and funding i can secure, anything could be possible
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269463108
Thanked 2,790 Times in 1,854 Posts

It would be nice to have small workshops/talks, things like "Introduction to synthesis" or stuff like that.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #13
Benwaa

^^that's part of the idea if anyone is down for doing workshops and the like then speak up!

I'm just gathering info and so on at the moment to work out how best to proceed with things
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
MaLm (19-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
well i've been looking into grant funding for such a thing since earlier, and it seems that such an event should easily qualify, so depending on the grants and funding i can secure, anything could be possible
well im at the top of the list for intl idmfers right

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stem collector View Post
wow who wants to fly me out to this (besides nobody)
Ditto, fellow USAnean
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
neutral
Savage Mad Cunt
neutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MC
Manchester
MC Status: 103011127

Actually I might be able to add to this somehow. Whats the time frame on this happening? If I get time between cousework and the little 'un I could knock up something in Max, like an interactive A/V thing or even an introduction to DSP/building your own audio devices. I'm not much of a talker but I think I could make it speak for itself.

Maybe...

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Akira View Post
New years day 2000 my guitar became self-aware. It kills fascists with three chords and the truth.
neutral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
Benwaa

The earliest I can see this happening is late August, if it grows as big as I can see it maybe becoming (this depends on getting those grants and funding) then maybe spring/early summer next year, I'd rather it be awesome and worth doing every year or touring with the idea than be a half arsed thing that was cool and nobody does again. I've got some pretty big ideas alongside tech smaller ones so at the moment I'm really putting out the feelers as to what interest there is and what direction it is feasible to go in.
Then will come structure and planning for the event and grant applications and then the event itself when everything is happily in place

A good pony kind of raised there too is artist don't necessarily have to be physically in attendance, it'd be cool to have small installations as part of it too, so as an example someone in say the US could make an A/V piece that would only need to be projected or screened. The added bonus of the venue I have in mind is that it also has a rather shit hot 3D cinema facility with pretty damn good sound too

Last edited by Benwaa; 10-05-2013 at 09:42 PM..
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #18
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts

I totally missed this thread! Did anything ever come of this?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #19
TigerMendoza
Knob Twiddler
TigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to all
Oxford
MC Status: 610

Same here. Where about in North Wales were you thinking?

------------------
New album - The Shadow

Blog | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp
TigerMendoza is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #20
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387899
Thanked 5,078 Times in 3,312 Posts

Awesome idea. If it goes ahead and you share details once its all set I'll plug it wherever I can.

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote