label help
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 18-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
foxyrabbit
Minor Glitch
foxyrabbit is just really nicefoxyrabbit is just really nicefoxyrabbit is just really nicefoxyrabbit is just really nicefoxyrabbit is just really nice
Raleigh
MC Status: 410
label help

hey guys, I just recently finished an EP and am trying to submit it to some labels.. just sent out tracks to be mastered. however, I make a weird style of (I guess IDM) music that isn't easy to characterize and am not sure which labels to try to send to. I'm looking for a small to mid-sized label that will print hardcopies (CDs) and also do press.

idk if that's too much to ask for. I'm up to any suggestions.. halp! names of labels or similar artists that I can look up.

attached is my unmastered EP in a set, to give an idea of what my style.

thanks in advance!!

-edit-
interesting.. I guess posting sets just pulls up the first track. well that's the first track^
if actually interested in the rest, here's the link to the set:
http://soundcloud.com/foxy-rabbit/sets/dumb-ep/s-4XVBE

thanks again!

Advertisements

foxyrabbit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to foxyrabbit
AstroBeats (19-04-2013)
Old 18-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010
Re: label help

Labels don't really like to release tracks that already have a bunch have plays, doesn't really make it interesting for them ^^"

But you're music is pretty cool, if you want printed copies I'd search something locally.

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Nyul
foxyrabbit (18-04-2013)
Old 18-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

I feel like there's a shit ton of threads like this. Do a bandcamp release or try the IDMf netlabel.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
foxyrabbit
Minor Glitch
foxyrabbit is just really nicefoxyrabbit is just really nicefoxyrabbit is just really nicefoxyrabbit is just really nicefoxyrabbit is just really nice
Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertia View Post
Labels don't really like to release tracks that already have a bunch have plays, doesn't really make it interesting for them ^^"

But you're music is pretty cool, if you want printed copies I'd search something locally.
argh. thanks.

I didn't plan on my music getting popular originally so I'd just put them up and stuff. then out of nowhere a ton of plays happened so I was like hmmm maybe should do stuff with this.

figure it'd still be worth a try though, but I just have no idea about names of labels other than the really popular ones. I'd search similar artists but the only one I can think of is "talk to animals."

Quote:
I feel like there's a shit ton of threads like this. Do a bandcamp release or try the IDMf netlabel.
well not really looking at netlabel. I might do my own printed copies if it doesn't pan out.

but been getting really busy nowadays and not really trying to do press on my own. idk

also I can delete this thread if you guys would rather that.

Last edited by foxyrabbit; 18-04-2013 at 09:54 PM..
Old 18-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010

A netlabel would be the easiest way and you could also get the most listeners like that, that's the way I would go nowadays.

But you should just try some labels, just send something, you're music sounds good and quite original/unique (imho) so there might be interest, you never know

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
foxyrabbit
Minor Glitch
Raleigh

thanks inertia, and thanks a lot for liking my stuff! yah that's what I'm planning to do.. the help I'm asking for though is if anyone knows of any labels that would be good to send to ><

I only really know of big labels that are above my paygrade.

sorry for the confusion!
Old 19-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #7
Winewolf
Minor Glitch
Winewolf will become famous soon enoughWinewolf will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

So, unfortunately, I can't help you on your search for a label.

But just wanted to say I dig the music
Winewolf is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Winewolf
foxyrabbit (20-04-2013)
Old 20-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #8
foxyrabbit
Minor Glitch
Raleigh

oh thank you so much! I'm still doing some researching and stuff. actually I got to talk with polish ambassador yesterday (swoon) and he was really encouraging the self release idea.. I might end up doing that I guess, but then my music is not nearly as dope as his lol..
Old 28-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
DPRpromotion
Minor Glitch
DPRpromotion has a spectacular aura aboutDPRpromotion has a spectacular aura about
Munich
MC Status: 160

the ground for new artists getting worse more and more, too much, really good ones, of them around, most lables already closed their doors for new artists focusing on the own roster-family ... so demo sending will get frustrating easily, sometimes its seems easier to found an own label instead :-)

but some basic rules generally sending stuff to labels...

- first check any demoguidelines a label give on its website , stick to it!
- check if your sound really fits to the labels sound
- as Inertia said, generally do not send any public stuff, labels want to be exclusive
- send 3-4 tracks, instead of a single one, labels want to listen a demo that might be a complete EP release instead of supporting then with expensive remixers on a single track
- write single mails to single labels, mass mailing will be deleted instantly, I promise!
- put some info in your mail, makes it more personal than just a single link
- decide on your own to send only to one label , wait for response , then send to the next one ... causes much time, but no problem later on to decide which label you prefer if more then one gets back to you

might be a little offtopic, but hope it will help a little on your way...

wish you all the best, keep up making great sounds!

Advertisements

DPRpromotion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote