IK Multimedia ARC System 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 29-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Memly
Memly is just really niceMemly is just really niceMemly is just really niceMemly is just really niceMemly is just really nice
MC Status: 410
IK Multimedia ARC System 2

Hi all,
Have any of you guys n gals seen this bit of software in action?
I have just moved house and I am able to start rebuilding my studio soon. I will not be able to do everything I want to in regards to deadening the sound.
I have a pair KRK Rokit 6s and I have always had my studio desk up against a wall using only double bed headboard behind my monitors as a sort of frequency sponge, this too will be resurrected in the new studio due to lack of room.
My mixdowns are getting better after every project and I have had my Rokits for around 5 years now... so I am used to the sound.
However I do still get disappointed when I listen to my stuff on other systems and I notice that the frequency content has shifted. This isnt so apparent nowadays but I am still aware of my monitors downfalls and what freqs I need to boost/cut in order to get a more uniform sound between systems.
I have seen this reviewed on a few websites and magazines and so far they have been very positive, I am seriously considering a buy, but my worry is that my ears have become so accustomed to the sound of my KRKs that if I get a flatter response from this bit of software, I will more than likely make up for the difference in frequencies using eqs etc, which completely negates the reasoning for buying it in the first place!!
So my question is: Has anybody used this and how has it affected their mixdowns? Are my worries validated in regards to "making up" the frequencies that the software removes to create a flatter response??
Thanks guys!

Advertisements

------------------
Memly

Battle Scars

Memly is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Memly
Memly is just really niceMemly is just really niceMemly is just really niceMemly is just really niceMemly is just really nice
Re: IK Multimedia ARC System 2

I'm bumping this, its been a while since this was posted... maybe some of you have had an opportunity to hear this in action.

My local music dealer has this in stock at the moment, so I am very tempted by it. Although I must admit I still think that a change in frequency responses may make me compensate for that in my mixdowns.

Any advice?

*Update - I got rid of my KRKs and now have some Adam A7x. Much better sound alround but I still feel that this product could give me a clearer indication of frequencies.

Last edited by Memly; 12-02-2013 at 10:51 AM..

------------------
Memly

Battle Scars

Old 12-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

I would much rather invest that money in DIY sound treatment (bass traps, reflectors, diffusers, skyline difuser, Helmholtz resonator, etc etc).
Jmho.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59127876

listen to this man ^
lebeux is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Memly

Thanks for your replies guys.
I know you're right in your suggestions, but I am still intrigued to find out if anybody has any experience with this product.

Advertisements

------------------
Memly

Battle Scars