Why music is getting boring? - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #141
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts
Re: Why music is getting boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quipurite View Post
it has been said that music lovers of the 19th Century were much more open to "new music" than the 20th century listeners. the most interesting music is in the new stuff, not all but the gems are there. Europeans seem more adventuresome.
Who said? Pretty big time span to make such a general assumption. You just covered the entire Classical, Romantic, Impressionistic, Modern, Post Modern, then the 50's, ROCK N ROLL, 80's, electronic, grunge, and post rock.

I actually find this quite funny, lol

Anyway throughout all the musical transition of time you will find that one person or select group who is lazy and bored with life and things around them.

Yes- I think bored people are lazy. Fucking open your eyes, ears and soul or do something!

P.S. 19th century is the 1800's and 20th century is the 1900's. We are in the 21st century!

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
relic (20-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #142
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024419

music isn't getting boring to me. maybe you should go on a search for more artists that you like.

also, music theory is not all that necessary, particularly with certain styles.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #143
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banewaker View Post
what the fuck is hot topic
Some christian bookstore
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
vashima (17-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #144
Horace
Minor Glitch
Horace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810

The music version of Zipf's principle of least effort.
Horace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #145
PPLo
Analog Lurker
PPLo has a spectacular aura aboutPPLo has a spectacular aura aboutPPLo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

If find interesting the fact that some producers don't know anything about music, so they must rely on other things to make a good track. Like for instance crazy breaks.

Like a painter who don't know how to paint will think out of the box and do unexpected things.

It gaves other people new ideas.

Btw, when I do find that music is boring, most of the time the problem come from me, not from "the music"!

Cheers!
PPLo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 10:00 PM   #146
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 56960
Thanked 1,139 Times in 842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph_cache View Post
There is so much new music, no wonder - tools are cheaper (if not free), easy to find knowledge, social promotion. Someone said "the more books you have, the less you read". Many years ago I could only dream of possibilities I have nowadays and I thought that internet will explode with new exciting, groundbreaking, niche artists. Now I think that the biggest advantage of sentence " now everyone can make and publish music" is also the biggest flaw.
The new and exciting artists are still out there. So is solid information and truly insightful commentaries.
The problem is dilution. It has become a true test of patience these days to find the gems. And due to sheer mass one relies too much on aggregators based on algorithms. So, you find more of the same, which is great to some degree, as you find what you like (when it works). Not so great to find other things you may like but never know about.

Andy

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
Crude_beats (20-10-2015)
Old 30-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #147
sicduck
Learning The Ropes
sicduck is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Because you're being lazy on your digging.

The internet is amazing. Soundcloud for example - find a tune you like, click on the likes, click on somebody's profile who likes that tune too. Look at their likes. Rinse and repeat. Bookmark pages that like a lot of good music, follow pages that post or repost. Follow your favorite artists and labels on social media, find blogs, etc.
sicduck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 04:41 PM   #148
Tony R
Minor Glitch
Tony R is a jewel in the roughTony R is a jewel in the roughTony R is a jewel in the roughTony R is a jewel in the rough
Montreal, QC, Canada
MC Status: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicduck View Post
Because you're being lazy on your digging.

The internet is amazing. Soundcloud for example - find a tune you like, click on the likes, click on somebody's profile who likes that tune too. Look at their likes. Rinse and repeat. Bookmark pages that like a lot of good music, follow pages that post or repost. Follow your favorite artists and labels on social media, find blogs, etc.
I do that too, so i can't say it's wrong. But the paradox is, this is why music can turn boring. If you only folow the suggestions of internet, you will always turn around the same stuff. You can't discover new stuff following the same tag. It's cool to dig in it, but this the best to finish in : "i've already heard that".

I think you have to put some random in you research to really get surprise
Tony R is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:57 PM   #149
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 109200
Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,402 Posts

Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:22 PM   #150
Lepstok
Knob Twiddler
Lepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond reputeLepstok has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2410

The only new music I seem to enjoy these days is what I can find from obscure Soundcloud channels, most of them I find here in the listening booth.
Like this dude Tillermann, his music just grabs me like almost no other electronic music does, it is completely my flavor. Such an unique sound and I can't find anything on this guy except his soundcloud where he is active once every century or so. If this guy were to perform near my city I would go to every one of his gigs.
Or Flauridia or Mylamine, same thing, love that music way more than anything I hear on the radio or see on the beatport charts.

------------------
Lepstok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 PM   #151
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts

sometimes you can find good new music on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 03:00 AM   #152
mdr42
Regular Freak
mdr42 has a spectacular aura aboutmdr42 has a spectacular aura aboutmdr42 has a spectacular aura about

Time is the abscissa
Fun is ordinate x
Area under curve is nothing

What i mean, is that you'll always have good surprises

As stated by Nystagmus..

People surfing the way..
Some good rap even.

Some men such as dmx krew, vessel, eod
mdr42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mdr42
Nystagmus (08-12-2015)
Old 25-11-2015, 03:25 AM   #153
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts
Icon13 Yeah it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybrown View Post
Does anyone think that music might be getting weird because a lot of producers know nothing about composition or harmony..?!
i may have already said this, but i feel that not enough music is chord based instead of loop or melody based. so yeah, i actually agree with you.

there are exceptions of course, but it's hard to find good music if you dont know where to look. most of the music i really enjoy the most is from the 1990s.

i think the other problem with electronic music is way too much conformity. too many people are copying a cookie-cutter mold of musical cliche's and it really stagnates the whole field.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 03:31 AM   #154
mdr42
Regular Freak
mdr42 has a spectacular aura aboutmdr42 has a spectacular aura aboutmdr42 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Yeah it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
i may have already said this, but i feel that not enough music is chord based
thats funny
When i wrote earlier my "descprition" on the forum profile adequate form,
I stated i liked any music with good chords :p

Les grands esprits se rencontrent
mdr42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #155
Horace
Minor Glitch
Horace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to beholdHorace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810

Zipf's principle of least effort?
Horace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Horace
Kvlt O))) (21-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #156
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 56960
Thanked 1,139 Times in 842 Posts

If you feel music is getting boring, try harder.

Search more and/or be the change you want to see.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #157
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7237479

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post

All music I make lately is boring.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:37 AM   #158
Yikole
Minor Glitch
Yikole has a spectacular aura aboutYikole has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post

That advice doesn't quite always work. Yeah, it can help, and you might discover something— might.

But music getting boring to make is a hump that has to be overcome by, more than anything else, toughing it out. All creative arts go through periods of highs and lows, where the creator goes from being inspired in their work to just drudging through it every day. When the going gets tough, the best advice is to simply keep going, imo. Dry spells aren't fun, but giving up during them does nothing but harm your current and future skills/goals.

Searching for inspiration isn't the easiest thing to do, and neither is toughing out dry spells. eh.
Yikole is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #159
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

I think boring is a word people misuse when they really should say they dislike things. To me the true sense of the word boring means you are too fucking lazy to change your situation. Like find music you like...

Ah looks like I already said this...so read up. Listen to something different.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
vashima (19-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #160
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6904609
Thanked 3,508 Times in 2,124 Posts

Eh? Someone thinks the IDMf catalogue is boring? Way to diss everyone.

If you think music is boring, do something about it...

Advertisements

Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jaded
vashima (19-12-2015)