Why music is getting boring? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 15-06-2015, 01:39 AM   #101
Stonelands
Granular Poster
Stonelands is just really niceStonelands is just really niceStonelands is just really niceStonelands is just really niceStonelands is just really nice
MC Status: 410
Re: Why music is getting boring?

I think a lot of electronic music might be starting to sound the same because of so many people just using loops. I don't have anyway to prove that this is the case however and I still find stuff I really like once in a while.

Advertisements

Stonelands is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 01:48 AM   #102
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Why do you think they invented noise? Because music sucks.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 01:51 AM   #103
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31560

Perhaps listening to music should be banned for a while. Give everyone a detox.

------------------
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #104
Opium
Microknight
Opium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud of
Strasbourg, France
MC Status: 1210

Well technically music is weird, it has been created by birds. Yeah. Really, think about it.

------------------
Opium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #105
thepilot
Granular Poster
thepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of light
Durham, North Carolina
MC Status: 517

There is so much more music available due to the ubiquity of software, ergo quality control is naturally on the opposite side of the balance. Also i feel a lot of electronic labels have adopted a cash-in mentality versus promoting truly innovative work
thepilot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #106
rinseit
Microknight
rinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond repute
Denver, CO
MC Status: 2410

Harmony and composition aren't all there is to music. Compare music to art on a canvas. A painter does not have to conform to certain rules to make art.

There is so much music out there it is hard to understand how anyone can say it's boring because obviously that person has not explored the entirety of what people are making..

------------------
Try a DIY platform that posts to Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport
and promo outlets all from a central dashboard. No label required.
Try it out at junglepress.org | Read what others are saying on IDMf
rinseit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #107
thepilot
Granular Poster
thepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of lightthepilot is a glorious beacon of light
Durham, North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinseit View Post
Harmony and composition aren't all there is to music. Compare music to art on a canvas. A painter does not have to conform to certain rules to make art.

There is so much music out there it is hard to understand how anyone can say it's boring because obviously that person has not explored the entirety of what people are making..
Yesyesyes...people bring so much scene bullshit to music and all this ancillary detritus that it becomes contextualized into something very little resembling art

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #108
rinseit
Microknight
rinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond reputerinseit has a reputation beyond repute
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Yesyesyes...people bring so much scene bullshit to music and all this ancillary detritus that it becomes contextualized into something very little resembling art

yeah sure. but in a society where many people have different reasons for liking certain music and different levels of experience and refined taste (or lackof) with music... we have to get over that shiz...and focus on what matters to us. You can easily ignore it and stay in the niche you like.. feel lucky the internet exists and you can surround yourself with pretty much any form you want.. albeit yes, maybe what's popular is annoying and heavily marketed and contrived.. and maybe the people who are still learning to make music are flooding the scene creating a lot of noise or copy-catting.. but you still have a choice and limitless catalogues of music and people you can connect with who are on your level.. who think like you..

------------------
Old 08-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #109
thepilot
Granular Poster
Durham, North Carolina

That is a very enlightened approach...i have struggled senselessly with begrudging individuals their reasons behind their tastes for years..lol

Old 08-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #110
rinseit
Microknight
Denver, CO

Oh man.. I totally understand where you are coming from..

When the crowded freeways of the mainstream do not sing our song we feel disconnected from the world.

------------------
Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #111
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
MC Status: 115728

It sounds the same cause people want to make what most other people are doing. Its a bit meh yeah but its always been this way.
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #112
thepilot
Granular Poster
Durham, North Carolina

I couldn't think of a more compelling impetus towards making one's own music...harness that petulant energy into a positive outlet....

Old 14-08-2015, 08:49 AM   #113
P.Rift
Minor Glitch
P.Rift is a splendid one to beholdP.Rift is a splendid one to beholdP.Rift is a splendid one to beholdP.Rift is a splendid one to beholdP.Rift is a splendid one to beholdP.Rift is a splendid one to beholdP.Rift is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760

If you think music is getting boring, make some music that's not.
P.Rift is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #114
kes
Minor Glitch
kes will become famous soon enoughkes will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 137

maybe it's the musicians are just boring

It's getting so competitive out there musicians have to be so professional to compete. So professional you get acts playing with cans of Stella filled with water on stage so the audience think they're rock n roll.

Give Keith Richards a synth i say

But yeah there is still a lot of interesting stuff out there just choose your sources.
kes is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #115
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,905 Posts

dude if you think music is boring you seriously are fucking out of touch. not aggressive or angry... you're just sad to me. there is more music in both studio and concert recording that exists, if streamed together, which would outplay the time of your lifespan tenfold. a lot of it is fucking GOOD. this means ten of your shitty selves would have to listen to a constant stream of all the music and sounds that exist on this planet to actually be informed and prove your incorrect opinion, and yet you are bored. that's sad. bleh. suck a fucking dick.

Last edited by fidelium; 14-08-2015 at 04:48 PM..
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #116
saneliv
Knob Twiddler
saneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2760

Well...good music in general is not boring, and certainly a lot of new music isn't boring, and even a little bit of new IDM isn't boring, and in fact, we have an embarrassment of riches as far as the accessibility of art, music, film, literature etc. Moreover, the very best new stuff is practically guaranteed to be a free download from a netlabel.

The problem is that you have to actively go out and look for the good stuff... while you are bombarded with bad stuff.

and then once you hear something that truly moves you forward, then the stuff that used to move you forward can't do that for you anymore. So paradoxically the greater the quality of art you experience, the more likely it is that you'll be bored by art in general....
saneliv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to saneliv
Br/ainfu+ked (14-08-2015)
Old 14-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #117
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123

There's no real need to be 'rebellious' anymore as most of those movements which earlier scenes were attached to came and went and we're now in a post-everything world where nothing is shocking and nearly everything that was has been absorbed by the majority.

Think of that store in the mall, hot topic.. If something hip and cool comes around, they turn it into a commodity that anyone can buy into. The last time that I went in there though everything was batman/superhero themed, harry potter, and some anime that I'm not familiar with.

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to hellscion
Kvlt O))) (14-08-2015)
Old 14-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #118
brb
IDMf Artist
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69888519

Some of us happen to LIKE making boring music, thank you very much.

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #119
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

What people find to be boring is hilarious (myself included). Show me any Pearl Jam song with 'heart', 'soul' and thousands of layers, and I'll probably gravitate to some guy dicking around with a synth in his closet.

I also see lots of youtube demonstrations of modular gear and noise rigs, yet I never know where to find these guys'es work. There's so much white noise (and not the kind I like) pushing for popularity that it's still hard to find just teh right spine-tingling goodies. To make matters worse, lots of people who are amazing think their music is shit and it's all Unregistered's fault that they never got signed.

It's not boring though. If anything, that makes looking for the gems all the more interesting.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
Crude_beats (17-08-2015)
Old 14-08-2015, 09:44 PM   #120
saneliv
Knob Twiddler
saneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2760

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
There's no real need to be 'rebellious' anymore as most of those movements which earlier scenes were attached to came and went and we're now in a post-everything world where nothing is shocking and nearly everything that was has been absorbed by the majority.

Think of that store in the mall, hot topic.. If something hip and cool comes around, they turn it into a commodity that anyone can buy into. The last time that I went in there though everything was batman/superhero themed, harry potter, and some anime that I'm not familiar with.
I disagree - we are just at the tip of the iceberg of what's possible musically...

Advertisements

saneliv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to saneliv
Crude_beats (20-10-2015)