Metal and EDM
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Antily3f
Granular Poster
Antily3f is currently spamming hard
Waycross, GA
MC Status: 36
Metal and EDM

Idk if this has been covered but has anyone else been as happy as i have about the bands that are ignoring stylistic paradigms and mixing things that normally wouldn't mix (Atheist - Jazz and Death Metal) Like this Melodic Black/Death Metal/Metalcore with Dubstep style into

Advertisements

Antily3f is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762791
Re: Metal and EDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antily3f View Post
Melodic Black/Death Metal/Metalcore with Dubstep
What an ill-fated mixture....

Just my opinion
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Antily3f
Granular Poster
Waycross, GA

To each thier own, personally i love it. I was into Metal way before i got into any kind of electronic music and the Genre blending is a good thing to me. Stringent adherence to a style makes things boring. Its why i find steampunk so appealing theres no real definition to the music so pretty much anything goes
Old 08-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antily3f View Post
To each thier own, personally i love it. I was into Metal way before i got into any kind of electronic music and the Genre blending is a good thing to me. Stringent adherence to a style makes things boring. Its why i find steampunk so appealing theres no real definition to the music so pretty much anything goes
If you are really into metal (good metal, that is), then Iīd suggest you to check out following bands:

-Spheric Universe Experience
-Sybreed
-Fear Factory
-Mnemic
-Anubis Gate
-Beyond Twilight

They all have electronic music elements in their music and lots of cool keyboards. I recommend Spheric Universe Experience and Sybreed for instant gratification.

I just donīt like metalcore. Itīs for silly teenagers. And mixed with dubstep...I canīt really imagine how that could appeal to anyone with some taste (just my opinion).
Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Antily3f
Granular Poster
Waycross, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischjok View Post
If you are really into metal (good metal, that is), then Iīd suggest you to check out following bands:

-Spheric Universe Experience
-Sybreed
-Fear Factory
-Mnemic
-Anubis Gate
-Beyond Twilight

They all have electronic music elements in their music and lots of cool keyboards. I recommend Spheric Universe Experience and Sybreed for instant gratification.

I just donīt like metalcore. Itīs for silly teenagers. And mixed with dubstep...I canīt really imagine how that could appeal to anyone with some taste (just my opinion).
I'm not a fan of Metalcore 90% of the bands are boring and carbon copy clones of each other. Deathcore on the otherhand if done well can be very intruiging so long as its Progressive (i.e. Veil of Maya, Between the Buried and Me and Born of Osiris). I know Fear Factory and Mnemic im going to check the others out. Just thought it was an interesting mix. Taste is subjective, to people i have to be around everyday i have no taste for liking IDM and Death Metal.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
mischjok
Guy with a computer
Not German

I think BTBAM are pretty much overrated. Thereīs nothing about them that appeals to me.

LOL time for some self-promotion. I just finished composing the EP of my solo project named Sphereal and itīs a mix of ambient electronic music, IDM, prog metal and soundtracks. You may want to check some demo stuff Iīve uploaded to my soundcloud account. Hereīs a set:

http://soundcloud.com/mischjok/sets/sphereal/
Old 08-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts

There already are a few things out there already, but not nearly enough IMO:

Igorrr (Baroque, Classical, Breakcore, Metal, Grindcore):

Genghis Tron (Electronica, IDM, Grindcore):

Singaya (Dubstep, Grindcore):

Ephel Duath (Jazz, Metal, Black Metal) - specifically the Painters Palette album.

There's a few more that I can't think of right now...
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Minion View Post
Genghis Tron (Electronica, IDM, Grindcore):
Genghis Tron - Rock Candy - YouTube
Word.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
atomsmasha
Analog Lurker
atomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MCatomsmasha is a savage MC
MC Status: 82908

I'm all about bringing a metal flavour into my electronic music. I started off a metalhead, so even though i converted to the dark side, some old habits stuck :3

------------------
atomsmasha is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to atomsmasha
Alert (28-11-2014)
Old 18-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #10
Zardonic
Learning The Ropes
Zardonic will become famous soon enough
Barquisimeto
MC Status: 60

*ahem*
Zardonic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Zardonic
Alert (28-11-2014)
Old 25-11-2014, 04:23 AM   #11
beskhu3epnm
Learning The Ropes
beskhu3epnm will become famous soon enoughbeskhu3epnm will become famous soon enough
Ontario
MC Status: 110

I have "made attempts" at melding ambient sounds with metal sounds. Ambient won, for the most part. So I made the ambient "heavy." It was a disaster, but I kept it.

Metal's contribution ended up being a distorted layer over the crushing ambient-laden wall-of-sound-pads. That was the end of that...

O-Drab - Glove Ransom (you'll have to search SC).

It's like combining a unicorn jumping through a rainbow with a bloody shit stained corpse.

Advertisements

beskhu3epnm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote