Kontakt 5?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 25-07-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Kontakt 5?

I've recently been looking at kontakt 5 to be the next addition to my virtual studio. And, since Kontakt is 50% off right now it seems like the high time to get it. But first I'd like to get some opinions here.

What is everyone's experiences with kontakt? Is it worth the price tag?

Thanks!

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
There is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Skippit
Granular Poster
Skippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud ofSkippit has much to be proud of
Portsmouth
MC Status: 1210
Re: Kontakt 5?

Get NI Komplete 9! Save money in the long run!
Skippit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Xenon
Xenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond repute
Gangster's Paradise
MC Status: 4160

I've played around with Kontakt 4, a friend who has a studio owns Komplete 7 and recently upgraded to 9. I really like kontakt 4, to me it's user friendly and it comes with really awesome patches. I don't really know much about making your own patches though and I don't know how it would compare to Kontakt 5 though, I suppose it would only be better.

If it's not on special, I just saw it but $100 less than komplete, I don't know about The States, but converting the $200 extra for komplete to my currency would make a serious knock in my budget, but then again I couldn't afford kontakt as is...

------------------
Just started a new movement. I call it Xenon-phobia...
Xenon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

Konakt is my sampler of choice since around version 3..5 has many improvements under the hood and some great scripting choices IF you plan on doing you own patches.Some new effects and has become a little more CPU forgiving that past versions.

just my two cents. cheers.

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #5
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13020876

best. sampler. ever.
aeoR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
studiobee
Minor Glitch
studiobee is a glorious beacon of lightstudiobee is a glorious beacon of lightstudiobee is a glorious beacon of lightstudiobee is a glorious beacon of lightstudiobee is a glorious beacon of light
St. John's
MC Status: 460

It's THE one VI I wouldn't want to do without.
studiobee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
tjernbergmusic
Regular Freak
tjernbergmusic is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

K5 is great shit! Well invested!

------------------
/Daniel & Mikael Tjernberg
tjernbergmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #8
CrookedSquirell
Regular Freak
CrookedSquirell is currently spamming hard
Norfolk

Kontakt 5 is really fantastic. I would recommend it, but you might as well go for Komplete, you'll get a lot more on top of Kontakt. NI has a ton of great plug-ins in that set. I really love the strings in Kontakt and the simplicity of changing the playing techniques and keys, along with their realistic sounds. (That goes for most of the samples in Kontakt quite honestly.)
CrookedSquirell is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: DJ Shadow - What Does Your Soul Look Like, Pt.1
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
snakeEater
Learning The Ropes
snakeEater is currently spamming hard

The tone machine setting is singular for achieving the "vocoder" effect. This is the most powerful sampler I have ever used, hands down.
snakeEater is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421870229
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,803 Posts

Kontakt is my favorite vst. The third party support is outstanding.

Check this out, and be impressed: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42384599
Thanked 5,012 Times in 3,265 Posts

If you can afford Komplete 9, go that route. If not, Kontakt 5 is a great VST.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
YvesB
Minor Glitch
YvesB has a spectacular aura aboutYvesB has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I bought the komplete 6 audio interface and it came with Traktor and Kontak 5. Kontakt 5 has some of the best sounds IMO. The drums , keys , horns, brass, strings sound soooo goood so i recomend you to get them!
YvesB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #13
Jon_Evo
Granular Poster
Jon_Evo has a spectacular aura aboutJon_Evo has a spectacular aura aboutJon_Evo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Massively versatile. I mainly use it for the libraries but when I do use it for sampling my own sounds there is so much I can do with it

Advertisements

Jon_Evo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote