IDMf Artist Demo Submission Info - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
atrophIA
Regular Freak
atrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MC
MC Status: 25971
Re: IDMf Artist Demo Submission Info

By "artist on the label" I mean that if the label had a site and you clicked on the tab called "artists" there would be a list of the artists on the label underneath.

Advertisements

atrophIA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Common sense seems to me to dictate that if a label releases an artists work the artist then becomes an artist that is "on the label" in question and, yes, would be represented on any clickable artist list that said label was to produce.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #23
atrophIA
Regular Freak
atrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MCatrophIA is a savage MC
MC Status: 25971

Yeah that's what I would think but its not always like that with electronic music, sometimes the label just releases the artist's track but doesn't consider them one of their "artists" per say
atrophIA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #24
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg
MC Status: 22144205

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrophIA View Post
Yeah that's what I would think but its not always like that with electronic music, sometimes the label just releases the artist's track but doesn't consider them one of their "artists" per say
I guess the easiest is that you click [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, and check it out directly.

------------------
My Ep "I Am A Dead Man" is out on Xylem Records

Departure (Bonus Track) Video
Soundcloud: μ-metik
Facebook: μ-metik
Twitter:μ-metik
unknown__artist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #25
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Webster View Post
But seriously do you just have to be a super poster or soming.
You need to have a track or album released via the IDMf Netlabel. See [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Sometimes it's a release of a compilation of artists, like the latest [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, or it's an album by one artist, like the upcoming [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #26
Tom Webster
Knob Twiddler
Tom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MCTom Webster is a savage MC
Newcastle Upon Tyne
MC Status: 126433

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
You need to have a track or album released via the IDMf Netlabel. See [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Sometimes it's a release of a compilation of artists, like the latest [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, or it's an album by one artist, like the upcoming [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Cheers I'll check them links out

Last edited by Tom Webster; 14-10-2012 at 01:00 PM..

------------------
Tom Webster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: some random lounge mix
Old 25-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #27
Plasticdog
Minor Glitch
Plasticdog will become famous soon enough
sheffield
MC Status: 60

Who do you send demos to?
Plasticdog is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #28
Benwaa

read the OP
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #29
Dreamometry
Minor Glitch
Dreamometry is a jewel in the roughDreamometry is a jewel in the roughDreamometry is a jewel in the roughDreamometry is a jewel in the rough
Minnesota
MC Status: 310

Whoooops I missed the small part saying put the subject "Demo"... I put "Artist Submission"

Will that still work or should I resend it?

------------------
Dreamometry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #30
dogsolitude
dogsolitude will become famous soon enoughdogsolitude will become famous soon enough
Windswept plains of East Anglia
MC Status: 110

Hi there,

Quick question: am I correct in thinking that any demo tracks we send must not have been online anywhere else prior to submission?

If so, does that include tracks that were on Soundcloud and posted in the Listening Booth?

Pretty sure I read something about that on one of the stickies here a short while ago, but for the life of me can't find it...

------------------
dogsolitude is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #31
Al Bazar
Granular Poster
Al Bazar will become famous soon enough
Sydney

in the original post the admin said that they didn't want to release new songs that have allready ben available to the public so my guess is no. if the track has allready been uploaded as public to sound cloud then it can't be accepted as a demo for the label?? maybe?
Al Bazar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #32
IG88
IG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 15067935

I am working on a new ep, would love to put it out on idmf if you guyz will have me again <3

------------------
IG88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #33
dogsolitude
dogsolitude will become famous soon enoughdogsolitude will become famous soon enough
Windswept plains of East Anglia
MC Status: 110

Balls. I've been posting all my stuff on the Listening Booth. There goes my career here.

------------------
dogsolitude is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #34
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Do you respond to all demo submissions???

If so, roughly how long does it usually take??

Thanks in advance

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #35
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026491
Thanked 7,181 Times in 4,468 Posts

Where and when did you send it GB?
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #36
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Where and when did you send it GB?
I sent one directly to Ben and then quickly realised I should have done it 'properly' and sent it a few hours later to the gmail account as suggested. I may have messed that up a little bit with the correct titles etc I think I put Grain Bastard Demo Submission instead of just 'Demo' as it states.

It was sent on the 8th of October.

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #37
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026491
Thanked 7,181 Times in 4,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Bastard View Post
I sent one directly to Ben and then quickly realised I should have done it 'properly' and sent it a few hours later to the gmail account as suggested. I may have messed that up a little bit with the correct titles etc I think I put Grain Bastard Demo Submission instead of just 'Demo' as it states.

It was sent on the 8th of October.
OK no worries, I'll ask in the other place and get back to you.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #38
XFEIGHT
Granular Poster
XFEIGHT will become famous soon enough

So if I send in some tracks how long do I leave it before I consider it to be a rejection, so that I can then make them public on soundcloud.

would seem a shame to waste em I make my music to be heard even if it is only 50 plays and a one off on local radio.

That's what I call Success
XFEIGHT is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #39
Benwaa

Ok, i actually get a load of demo submissions, i eventually listen through them all, bearing in mind this is a free netlabel - as is my time given - i have to work all that round my life
What this means is that you'll need some patience when submitting a demo (this is true of any label btw).

It really really helps to include a bunch of info about you and the music you're submitting to grab attention - tell us about your music, which track is your favourite you submitted and why etc etc, we don't want your life story though, just what's relevant. there's a significant amount of tracks sent that are just "hey bro, check out my soundz and you can release them on ur label" then i go to find that such submissions are already listened to and downloaded by a load of people already. these are the demos i jst put to one side and listen to if i ever have time (when i'm realy bored) - which is usually never tbh. There's not enough time in the world to go through every demo submission so you really need to make the effort to stand out - in this case just follow the guidelines in the OP. simple.

Pro tip for any one sending anything to a label, if you really are keen to see your music on that label you submit to, make a SERIOUS EFFORT to read all the submission guidelines, twice, then twice again. then double check everything before you hit that send button too. then only when you're sur hit send. then if youve heard nothing back in approx 2 weeks, send another email as a friendly "nudge" about your demo.

Ultimately, any label wants to have artists that are keen to be on that label, not just looking for any label to release their music and this comes across in how you go about submitting your demo.

One last point - IDMfNetlabel doesn't really look for individual tracks, so sending one alone in the hope of getting that signed is generally a waste of your time and space in our email inbox. Even if you'd like to submit music with a view to releasing something you're still working on, send a 3-4 tracks so it's easy to gauge your stye and abilities.

And you know what? if your English is not great or not your first language, then try to get help from a friend whose language skills are better than yours, it just helps in the long run to make it as easy as possible to listen to your demo and know all about it.

so to sum up what's true for almost every label - The easier you make things for the label people, the easier it is to get signed
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #40
faexoptim
Learning The Ropes
faexoptim is currently spamming hard
Edinburgh
MC Status: 10

Hey,

I have a couple of questions related to the below (I appreciate it is an old post).

You mention the fact that you won't listen to songs that have already been downloaded and listened to by a heap of people already. I appreciate this, but surely it's not fair to say an artist should refrain from making their music public and hold on to it for weeks and weeks in the hope someone from a label responds. It's just a thought here but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. Most people want their music heard and hopefully appreciated. I don't think that's to say they aren't specifically interested in your label, but to say 'you've already put that song on soundcloud so we won't touch it' seems a bit draconian?

I don't mean that to sound argumentative, but it's just a surprise to me and apparently seems like I've been doing things wrong all this time.

Wes

Advertisements

faexoptim is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote