[Experimental, dark, heavy] Leelius - I Am Trying To Live
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 27-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #1
Leelius
Radial Developer
Leelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4460
[Experimental, dark, heavy] Leelius - I Am Trying To Live

Hi. It's been a while.

This year has been particularly hard and dry when it comes to producing. With that said, this track came to life very suddenly and surprisingly fast. It was like sudden urge to vomit, I suppose. Gross.

I decided I would try everything weird, that I've been wanting to try with this track. I personally like it, but I am not overly sure how it sounds, because my playback equipment has been breaking down lately.

Here it is.

All feedback in all forms is welcome.

The lyrics are in the soundcloud description, in case I muffle too much with my weird accent. I am also not the best with mixing vocals.

Advertisements

------------------
Leelius is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Experimental, dark, heavy] Leelius - I Am Trying To Live.
Old 28-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42384599
Thanked 5,012 Times in 3,265 Posts
Re: [Experimental, dark, heavy] Leelius - I Am Trying To Live

Vocals really suit it.... but not the pitch shifted parts, which changed it from cool and threatening into something more suited to an episode of Power Rangers. Being less than a genius myself with lyrics I won't comment too much but I will say there are too many fucks so that the swearing impact is lessened. All underlining is no underlining. Because the pitch-shifted parts are playing in the same range as the bass drum and bass instruments they're clashing quite a bit and need some EQ carving to clear it up. Probably a decision needs to be made what has priority in those parts.

Now, despite what I've written above I rather liked this. Its good a mean moody feel I enjoyed and its nice to hear someone doing vocals on here. The piano sounded good and fitted well.

Good work, doing vocals is always scary when you put it out there

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25260

Agreed with roo on the f bombs, too many make them annoying rather than meaningful.
That said I don't mind the pitch shifted vocals , they just need to be cleaned up in the mix better.
Cool ideas tho.

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #4
Leelius
Radial Developer
Leelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond reputeLeelius has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4460

Thank you guys on the feedback.

Yeah it's hella scary to record yourself. It makes you feel naked when others listen to it hehe.

Also I knew I felt the same way about the cursing! I'm not very clever on lyrics and this is something I'm going to avoid in the future.

All in all this was already very useful information. I definitely plan to dig more into the above mentioned areas in the future.

Advertisements

------------------
Leelius is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote