[Breakbeat] Boathemp - Hotdog Party
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
soladb
Microknight
soladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to behold
Michigan
MC Status: 907
[Breakbeat] Boathemp - Hotdog Party

let me know if you guys like it, or if its whack, or whatever

Advertisements

------------------
soladb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Breakbeat] Boathemp - Hotdog Party.
Old 15-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834177
Re: [Breakbeat] Boathemp - Hotdog Party

For me personally the track starts from 1.33ish onwards get rid of the first half.

Kick could do with more weight, to lite for my break taste but it does fit the track.

Otherwies not a bad effort.

Not diggin it personally as not something I would listen to, however, I get it.

Theres some nice timbres and musical parts in it.

I think its my old adage, "is it dance or soundtrack?"

PS Are hotdogs made from cows?!!!

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42383949
Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,255 Posts
Re: [Breakbeat] Boathemp - Hotdog Party

This definitely gets better in the second half of the track. I think in part because the first half needs more polish e.g. a tiny bit of reverb love on the drums.

I'd remove the percussion intro before 0:10 and just have the 0:10-0:11 as the intro. Short sharp breakdown, no dicking around straight into the track.

I liked the structure: this goes somewhere rather than endlessly repeating a loop throughout.

I'd probably get rid of everything after 3:30 except the moo. Because everything has built up nicely to that point it feels like a bit of an anti-climax rather than a coda. The moo is chucklesome though. I'm a big fan of the sudden stop in certain circumstances and I think it would work here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Are hotdogs made from cows?
Great name for a track right there

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote