[Future/Chillstep] Coldplay - The Scientist (Mystric Remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174
[Future/Chillstep] Coldplay - The Scientist (Mystric Remix)

Heard this song for the first time in ages the other day and felt like I needed to give it a shot!

Ended up turning out as a chillstep song which I don't mind. I've never been able to make a dubsteppy song like this before and have it turn out half okay so hopefully I finally accomplished that?

I think the mix could use some work. Frustrating cause it sounds decent through my UE Boom and Monitor Headphones but like absolute trash through Apple Ear Buds. Would love to hear some feedback though!

Thanks for listening!

EDIT: Re-uploaded with a tweak to the chord progression to get the vocals in key.

Last edited by dj_patm; 29-05-2017 at 12:39 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Future/Chillstep] Coldplay - The Scientist (Mystric Remix).
Old 23-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
Re: [Future/Chillstep] Coldplay - The Scientist (Mystric Remix)

Updated the track and cut the build ups down by half. I think it helps but after listening to it at work today I think the first one needs to be redone with a different lead. I'm thinking maybe a wind synth could give good contrast to the distorted arp that plays right before (as opposed to the same lead as the arp playing like it is now)

------------------

Old 29-05-2017, 12:40 AM   #3
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
Calgary

Re Upped with the pitch issue finally figured out! (I hope)

------------------

Old 31-05-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
LawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to behold
Glasgow
MC Status: 910

the synth that plays at the drop sounds really nice imo the vocals seem to be just slightly out of pitch in places but it didnt bother me enough to be a major issue

i think if you added a pad with some more high end it would fill in the mix really well

nice work

------------------
LawrenceL342 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #5
tehbosh
Soundwave Mangler
tehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MC
MC Status: 14196

That snare roll you have as the "snare" itself is pretty cool. Other than just working on layering, it's definitely a step in the right direction.

------------------
tehbosh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:31 AM   #6
TheHammockCrew
Learning The Ropes
TheHammockCrew is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I really like the synth at the drop. Sends some good vibes. Maybe go for a bit more intensity at the drop, feels like the same intensity as the rest of the song, but if thats what you were going for then stick with it man. When the vocals say "tell you I set you apart", the word "apart" sounds a little bit off tempo/weird to me. Cool remix though man.
TheHammockCrew is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:02 AM   #7
Derpgerpwalrus
Minor Glitch
Derpgerpwalrus is a jewel in the roughDerpgerpwalrus is a jewel in the roughDerpgerpwalrus is a jewel in the rough
Houston, TX
MC Status: 260

Very cool remix man! I also agree that it may could maybe use a little more energy in the choruses to my taste, but as being a chillstep track, I'd say it's absolutely could be just fine without it. Really great layering and drum choice I thought. Maybe a couple other smal percussive events would be nice to fill some space, snaps or mallets? Just a thought.

I need to ask as I'm working on my first remix ever, did you have vocal stems or is that just great EQ work? Because the vocals sound great.

Advertisements

Derpgerpwalrus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote