[Melodic Dubstep] Kyrpto - Light Years Away.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 27-06-2017, 01:19 AM   #1
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460
[Melodic Dubstep] Kyrpto - Light Years Away.

My second attempt at Dubstep. Hopefully it's better than my first.

Edit: Added Mastered version

Here's the Mastered version:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Thanks for all the feedback!

Last edited by Kyrpto; 13-07-2017 at 04:49 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Melodic Dubstep] Kyrpto - Light Years Away..
Old 29-06-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
mnw
Minor Glitch
mnw is just really nicemnw is just really nicemnw is just really nicemnw is just really nicemnw is just really nice
MC Status: 410
Re: [Melodic Dubstep] Kyrpto - Light Years Away.

A couple of random comments:

At around 1:10 I think you should boost your wobble synths. They provide the energy in the track so bringing them out more will provide more balance. Same goes for the kick and snare throughout the whole track, your hats and synths are much louder than those elements and the kick and snare get lost. Those are really important so definitely bring those up relative to the synths and hats.

I think I hear a little bit of it but more gratuitous use of sidechain compression can help swing the wobbles and pump some energy into your track.

In terms of composition and sound design, I like it! You have some really beautiful arps and some seriously groovy wub-wub-wubs.

Hope this helps!
mnw is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
Tweaked
Regular Freak
Tweaked is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Beautiful ARPs man! I like the combination of those arps, the wobbles and the "video-game-sounds"
Tweaked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:16 AM   #4
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the feedback! I will take these into consideration to improve my track.

------------------
Old 03-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
yoyokidz
Minor Glitch
yoyokidz will become famous soon enough
Copenhagen
MC Status: 60

Turn the drums way up. Especially the snare. Distort them maybe as well
yoyokidz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:16 AM   #6
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Just added the pro mix version. Hopefully it's not suffering from the frequency issues of my last track.

------------------
Old 05-07-2017, 02:04 AM   #7
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2760

sounds pretty rad man...

I think the snare needs a lil more snap just to stand out a little on top of it all... everything sounds good on my system in my room. what EQ are you using for mastering? hardware or plug in?

limiter on the snare, make her almost clip - she can take it! :badger:

oh and i followed you on SC... hope thats cool.
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:25 AM   #8
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_Jewel View Post
sounds pretty rad man...

I think the snare needs a lil more snap just to stand out a little on top of it all... everything sounds good on my system in my room. what EQ are you using for mastering? hardware or plug in?

limiter on the snare, make her almost clip - she can take it! :badger:

oh and i followed you on SC... hope thats cool.
The pro mix was done by a mixing engineer and I'm not sure what hardware or plug in he uses. Thanks for the follow!

Advertisements

------------------