[Ambient] Kenophos - Moribund
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 18-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
Kenophos
Granular Poster
Kenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660
[Ambient] Kenophos - Moribund

Hey IDMf, been a while since I posted my music here. Here's a new track I've been working on, it was mostly inspired by Leyland Kirby's heavily compressed reverb sound, and the whole hospitalized/disease/suffering/death aesthetic common in his works. To me, this track sounds a little like the experience of dying on a hospital bed during a surgery.

Let me know what you think!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud / Bandcamp (to be found here: ambient/drone/glitch/techno/IDM)
Kenophos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kenophos
Morgen (19-06-2017)
Rate this track - [Ambient] Kenophos - Moribund.
Old 18-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #2
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237756
Re: [Ambient] Kenophos - Moribund

Ethereal angelical space music
Celestial and ghostly...

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
signaldwn
Regular Freak
signaldwn has a spectacular aura aboutsignaldwn has a spectacular aura aboutsignaldwn has a spectacular aura about
Chicago
MC Status: 210

I personally like the part that begins at about 3:05 -- makes more sense to me. I think the light distortion over everything was a good touch as well.

P.S Listened to your soundtrack and definitely enjoyed. Downloading your game -- will play it soon.

Last edited by signaldwn; 19-06-2017 at 10:03 AM..
signaldwn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
Kenophos
Granular Poster
Kenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to beholdKenophos is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen View Post
Ethereal angelical space music
Celestial and ghostly...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by signaldwn View Post
I personally like the part that begins at about 3:05 -- makes more sense to me. I think the light distortion over everything was a good touch as well.

P.S Listened to your soundtrack and definitely enjoyed. Downloading your game -- will play it soon.
Thank you, and I appreciate that you're checking out my game. Getting people to play your games these days isn't easy.

------------------
Soundcloud / Bandcamp (to be found here: ambient/drone/glitch/techno/IDM)
Kenophos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37610

Definitely hearing some unnatural dynamic in this, and some loose ends in places like 2:30 (just one example) where a lead seems to repeatedly stop abruptly. Everything sounds smashed together by either compressors or limiters, and your loops aren't really looping at all without gigantic seams sticking out of them.

The resonance at the end is extremely fatiguing, too.

None of this means your track is 'bad' at all, BTW. Loops could use some crossfades and the limiter could definitely use a gigantic breather, but I think the resonant 'scapes are pretty cool themselves.

Advertisements

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote