[synthpop, indie-dance, tech-house?] Conjure Club - Demo
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 06-06-2017, 04:32 AM   #1
conjureclub
Minor Glitch
conjureclub is a splendid one to beholdconjureclub is a splendid one to beholdconjureclub is a splendid one to beholdconjureclub is a splendid one to beholdconjureclub is a splendid one to beholdconjureclub is a splendid one to beholdconjureclub is a splendid one to behold
Dallas
MC Status: 860
[tech-house?] Conjure Club - Paradox

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Last edited by conjureclub; 06-06-2017 at 01:00 PM..

Advertisements

conjureclub is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [synthpop, indie-dance, tech-house?] Conjure Club - Demo.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42384699
Thanked 5,014 Times in 3,267 Posts
Re: [synthpop, indie-dance, tech-house?] Conjure Club - Demo

Bass drum could use some sub. I can't decide if its tuned too high or just needs some sub love. Probably a style preference decision to be made.

EQ in general needs some work - some time spent carving out where instruments sit would be beneficial.

The first minute or so is basically the same arp and while it builds up, the sound design isn't strong enough for it to sit out front by itself for so long. Remember you can cheat a little by using panning to help different aspects get space e.g. melody and counter melody panned slightly to opposite sides. Don't hard-pan, just enough to give them space though the exact amount will depend on the sounds themselves and whatever FX you have running e.g. not a lot of point of panning a sound that has ping-pong delay on it.

Then we go into another arp for another period of time.

Bass on its own 2 mins in, is that a Massive preset? Not criticizing if it is, just nosey.

The arps themselves are decent but I get a bit weary of 7 minutes of arps. from my point of view, this needs to be trimmed down a bit.

When there are multiple strands, e.g. arp, lead, bass, the mixing becomes very muddy and some instruments become inexplicably louder in places. Again, some of this points at EQ issues.

Right, I've written a lot of crits above, so lets add some caveats because I'm uncomfortable with just shotgunning a bunch of crits at someone that may have worked hard and taken the risk of putting their stuff out there for feedback.

This isn't bad. I've just highlighted obvious areas for work. The melody and arps themselves are quite good, just some work is needed to tighten things up.

I am, like others here, just another internet nobody. This is your track, your sound design and your choice. It is perfectly ok to ignore everything written above, especially if you have definite goals for your work.

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote