[Electronic] Mylamine - 'Plateau'
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
zeiGn
Radial Developer
zeiGn will become famous soon enoughzeiGn will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
[Electronic] Mylamine - 'Plateau'

New1.

Prost!

Advertisements

------------------
zeiGn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] Mylamine - 'Plateau'.
Old 21-05-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388249
Thanked 5,085 Times in 3,316 Posts
Re: [Electronic] Mylamine - 'Plateau'

Though I've tried before to tell her
Of the feelings I have for her in my heart
Every time that I come near her
I just lose my nerve
As I've done from the start

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123

that is trip-hop,

i like this type of music a lot, i feel this song is a little 'loud' not necessarily in the mixing it just doesn't seem to let up at any point. i felt tired after a minute or 2

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 07:35 PM   #4
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Though I've tried before to tell her
Of the feelings I have for her in my heart
Every time that I come near her
I just lose my nerve
As I've done from the start

Thanks? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
that is trip-hop,

i like this type of music a lot, i feel this song is a little 'loud' not necessarily in the mixing it just doesn't seem to let up at any point. i felt tired after a minute or 2
Kind of what i've been going for. Personally I used to make tons of 4-5 minute tracks with tons of let downs and slow downs and ambient parts, etc. Now i'm more into creating short bursts of good music in the range of 2.5 to 3 minutes with not too much time to breathe- hehe.

Thanks for the listen!

------------------
Old 22-05-2017, 07:43 PM   #5
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388249
Thanked 5,085 Times in 3,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiGn View Post
Thanks? Lol.

Kind of what i've been going for. Personally I used to make tons of 4-5 minute tracks with tons of let downs and slow downs and ambient parts, etc. Now i'm more into creating short bursts of good music in the range of 2.5 to 3 minutes with not too much time to breathe- hehe.

Thanks for the listen!
Hehe sorry. The chord pattern is the same as the verse of Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic and I did wonder if you'd grabbed it played with it.

Doing the 2-3 minute thing is a good idea. Too many people make very long dull tracks that have only got about 2-3 minutes of actual content, just stretched out too much so I agree with this approach. If something grows... great.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #6
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Hehe sorry. The chord pattern is the same as the verse of Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic and I did wonder if you'd grabbed it played with it.

Doing the 2-3 minute thing is a good idea. Too many people make very long dull tracks that have only got about 2-3 minutes of actual content, just stretched out too much so I agree with this approach. If something grows... great.
Haha funny. You know what, I did notice that while in the creation process, that it sounded similar. The song is just from my noggin, though-- i've never used samples, or chord structures, etc from any other musician.

But yea, the fact is that people these days have a VERY minimal attention span. Especially if you are still a relatively unknown artist. I believe it's wise to not make very long tracks, just tracks that GRAB the listener, and most importantly, make them want to hit replay.

------------------
Old 23-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #7
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

This is cool. Creative idea using the piano rolls as a melody.

Kick could be a bit thuddier if that makes sense? Seems kinda soft or at least it's over powered by the piano when it's going. I'm listening through ear buds but I also think the quiet toms you have in there might be messing with the low end a bit?

Like the track though.

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #8
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_patm View Post
This is cool. Creative idea using the piano rolls as a melody.

Kick could be a bit thuddier if that makes sense? Seems kinda soft or at least it's over powered by the piano when it's going. I'm listening through ear buds but I also think the quiet toms you have in there might be messing with the low end a bit?

Like the track though.
Thanks for listening. Yea that thought about the toms could be correct. Who knows heh. Unfortunately the equipment i am working with will not lend a perfect mix. Good enough for me though.

------------------
Old 27-05-2017, 07:12 PM   #9
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I like both the arpy stuff and the revolving/rolling groove that happens in the track. Cool track

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #10
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
I like both the arpy stuff and the revolving/rolling groove that happens in the track. Cool track
Thank!! Trying to get you in a groove with this one.

------------------
Old 29-05-2017, 08:26 AM   #11
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I dont know if you aimed for that but the amount of sidechain in this track is to much high
Anyway nice arps i liked their colors , not a fan for the piano but good job
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #12
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184160
Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,744 Posts

The second this started I thought I was going to hate it..but then, as ti kicked in, I really liked it. It was that raw side-chain effect at the start that bugged me..making me think I was in for a few minutes of sonic bouncing, but it really evolved into a nice little track..nice one.

I totally get what Ster heard, too..about a minute in I was wonder if you had been a little naughty and stolen from the Police..but after reading what you said, I understand what you mean...has happened to me more than a few times in the past, too.

Anyway, thanks for sharing..really enjoyed this.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #13
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
The second this started I thought I was going to hate it..but then, as ti kicked in, I really liked it. It was that raw side-chain effect at the start that bugged me..making me think I was in for a few minutes of sonic bouncing, but it really evolved into a nice little track..nice one.

I totally get what Ster heard, too..about a minute in I was wonder if you had been a little naughty and stolen from the Police..but after reading what you said, I understand what you mean...has happened to me more than a few times in the past, too.

Anyway, thanks for sharing..really enjoyed this.
Thanks!!!

Haha yea, first time that's ever really happened-- besides one track a year ago sounding a lot like Boards of Canada (at least I thought). When I begin make music I'm literally just playing and banging away on the keyboard of my MPK 49 until I hear something good then expand on it.

------------------
Old 05-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #14
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237806

Cheeerful mood and powerful approach..
However the steady pushy dominant side-chain effect ruins it for me unfortunately.
Also the track is basically only one loop with no part B. Hence the shortness of the not fully-fledged track.
Build a part B!

PS: This is by no meahs trip-hop. Trip-hop = dark Massive Attack, Tricky, Portishead.
I'd call the style something like "power downbeat"

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #15
kamilmac
Learning The Ropes
kamilmac is currently spamming hard
Stockholm, Sweden

Prost!

It's my kind of track ...really emotional. One nitpick though. Like Ramos said, sidechain is bit too obvious here.
kamilmac is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #16
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen View Post
Cheeerful mood and powerful approach..
However the steady pushy dominant side-chain effect ruins it for me unfortunately.
Also the track is basically only one loop with no part B. Hence the shortness of the not fully-fledged track.
Build a part B!

PS: This is by no meahs trip-hop. Trip-hop = dark Massive Attack, Tricky, Portishead.
I'd call the style something like "power downbeat"
This is your opinion that this is not a fully fledged-track. I've heard a million ambient, house, techno tracks that is the same sound over and over and over again. Mine is no comparison to a lot of music out there. I introduce new sounds, arps and expand on the initial sound throughout the entire track. So I disagree with you on this notion.

As far as Trip-hop goes. I never said it was that. Think someone else did?

Thanks for listening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmac View Post
Prost!

It's my kind of track ...really emotional. One nitpick though. Like Ramos said, sidechain is bit too obvious here.
I try not to over sidechain stuff, but sometimes if my ears and mind likes it, I will stick with it!

Thanks the listen!

------------------
Old 05-06-2017, 07:37 PM   #17
kamilmac
Learning The Ropes
kamilmac is currently spamming hard
Stockholm, Sweden

Quote:
I try not to over sidechain stuff, but sometimes if my ears and mind likes it, I will stick with it!

Thanks the listen!
And thats totally ok.

Just being honest about my subjective feeling. Still like the track though
kamilmac is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #18
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
Icon1 Re: [Electronic] Mylamine - 'Plateau'

Quote:
This is your opinion ...
What else did you expect if not opinions, if I may ask you?

Quote:
I've heard a million ambient, house, techno tracks that is the same sound over and over and over again.
And some of them exert repetition and minimalism masterfully, some not. In this particular case - with an emphasis on harmonic / chordal content -, I don't see it as the best choice to stick to only one pattern (even when keeping it super short with 2 1/2 min). For me, the scheme calls for a longer track with (correspondingly) more musical progression.

And there are really few downtempo tunes which are overpowered by an uniformly unidimensionally side-chain bucking to this extent. At least I'd detach one voice from this effect, like vocals (to be added).

Quote:
As far as Trip-hop goes. I never said it was that. Think someone else did?
Just sayin'... (I didn't say you said it.)

------------------

Old 05-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #19
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
What else did you expect if not opinions, if I may ask you?

And some of them exert repetition and minimalism masterfully, some not. In this particular case - with an emphasis on harmonic / chordal content -, I don't see it as the best choice to stick to only one pattern (even when keeping it super short with 2 1/2 min). For me, the scheme calls for a longer track with (correspondingly) more musical progression.

And there are really few downtempo tunes which are overpowered by an uniformly unidimensionally side-chain bucking to this extent. At least I'd detach one voice from this effect, like vocals (to be added).

Just sayin'... (I didn't say you said it.)
I was just stating yes this is your opinion, not everyone's (including mine).

For you the track might call for a longer more musical progressive track. But you are not the artist are you? I love it and I wouldn't release it if I didn't love it myself.

As far as the side-chain goes. It's another comment completely based on opinion.

Quote:
And there are really few downtempo tunes which are
Also, please be aware. I do not make music to under 1 certain genre such as Downtempo. I do not make music under any certain genre. I just make music. So your ideas of what Downtempo should sound like is meaningless to me.

Last edited by zeiGn; 05-06-2017 at 08:18 PM..

------------------
Old 05-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #20
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
Icon9 Re: [Electronic] Mylamine - 'Plateau'

Quote:
I was just stating yes this is your opinion, not everyone's (including mine).
... But you are not the artist are you?
Obviously you don't understand what feedback is. Feedback is not uttered by the artist him/herself but by other individuals. And an individual feedback is never "everyone's" feedback. There is no "everyone's" feedback.

Quote:
Also, please be aware. I do not make music to under 1 certain genre such as Downtempo. I do not make music under any certain genre. I just make music. So your ideas of what Downtempo should sound like is meaningless to me.
You were the one comparing your scheme to "million ambient, house, techno tracks", and you were the one comparing the scheme of your other track to Bibio.
So you brought up other music to substantiate your concepts, and I told you why this doesn't devalues my points.

I told you, this track delivers a "Cheerful mood and powerful approach " in my opinion, and I suggested to introduce a part B.
If you are unable to handle such feedback in a positive way, then this is really not my problem.

Advertisements

------------------