[Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #1
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
Indigo's Avatar
Posts: 329
MC Status: 310
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
[Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

Thanks for listening, guys

Advertisements

Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
Roo Stercogburn's Avatar
On horseback
Posts: 10,423
MC Status: 42384449
Thanks: 1,193
Thanked 5,009 Times in 3,263 Posts
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

I liked the chord progression but felt it could use a little swing as everything seems pretty square on the beat throughout. Very clangy and metalic. If that's what you're going for you nailed it, but because of the sound palette it felt a little cold to me - it could have been background music in a game on a phone.

Despite crits, overall I enjoyed listening.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
A.M's Avatar
Age: 52
Posts: 9,175
MC Status: 174610
Thanks: 10,216
Thanked 3,492 Times in 2,608 Posts
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

I agree with Mr. Steburn..this could perhaps use a little swing to it, but I still like it as is..it's basically an esthetics thing I think..not a deal-breaker, if you know what I mean.

However, there is one thing about this track I didn't really care for at all..and that's the sound of the keys..they seem to be too up front or loud or something..to my ears, anyway. It's like you have the rest of this really nice work half in the back ground and maybe the track would sound a little better if you cut the low end on the keys a little and took the gain/volume down a tad on them..not really sure, but I think it would sound better overall..or it might just be me.

In the end, as always, it's your track and only you know what works and what doesn't. Basically, there's nothing really wrong with this piece..it's all just a matter of taste I guess.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:52 PM   #4
Toothpinch
Microknight
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
Toothpinch's Avatar
Posts: 123
MC Status: 1860
Thanks: 6
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

I don't mind the lack of swing actually.
I think it's got a lot of layers kinda working that for it.
But I agree the overall keys / synths are way too up at times (sometimes more than others) and need to find a balance - especially with the percussion that's lost in the wash.

Cool tho.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
_nanonoise_'s Avatar
Posts: 142
MC Status: 1460
Thanks: 16
Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

melodic and crisp sound. I like the arrangement, all elements fit really well and you introduced enough variation to keep it interesting throughout. the downside is that you lose some of the central narrative of the song a bit if you know what I mean
great vibe from 4:08 on, where you get playful on the scale.

nice track alltogether :-)
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:57 AM   #6
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
Indigo's Avatar
Posts: 329
MC Status: 310
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
I liked the chord progression but felt it could use a little swing as everything seems pretty square on the beat throughout. Very clangy and metalic. If that's what you're going for you nailed it, but because of the sound palette it felt a little cold to me - it could have been background music in a game on a phone.

Despite crits, overall I enjoyed listening.
Yeah, I was kind of going for an old school sound by using a very old VST for the leads. I can see where it might offend some. I some times focus too much on melodic elements and not enough on groove, I guess. I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I agree with Mr. Steburn..this could perhaps use a little swing to it, but I still like it as is..it's basically an esthetics thing I think..not a deal-breaker, if you know what I mean.

However, there is one thing about this track I didn't really care for at all..and that's the sound of the keys..they seem to be too up front or loud or something..to my ears, anyway. It's like you have the rest of this really nice work half in the back ground and maybe the track would sound a little better if you cut the low end on the keys a little and took the gain/volume down a tad on them..not really sure, but I think it would sound better overall..or it might just be me.

In the end, as always, it's your track and only you know what works and what doesn't. Basically, there's nothing really wrong with this piece..it's all just a matter of taste I guess.
Yeah, I had mixed it from a previous version from a few years ago, and it was nice and crispy/clean, but then it felt like it lacked energy and wasn't full enough... So I secretly layered with old mix at about 1/5th the volume (which I had high passed a bit, but could have done more I guess). I may look into the mix later, but first finish the semester of craziness O_O

Thanks for listening!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpinch View Post
I don't mind the lack of swing actually.
I think it's got a lot of layers kinda working that for it.
But I agree the overall keys / synths are way too up at times (sometimes more than others) and need to find a balance - especially with the percussion that's lost in the wash.

Cool tho.
Sweet Thanks. About the keys and mix, same reply as above. Thanks for the listen I'll check out your stuff after my crazy grad school semester ends. BLAH >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nanonoise_ View Post
melodic and crisp sound. I like the arrangement, all elements fit really well and you introduced enough variation to keep it interesting throughout. the downside is that you lose some of the central narrative of the song a bit if you know what I mean
great vibe from 4:08 on, where you get playful on the scale.

nice track alltogether :-)
Hmm, I'm not certain that I know what you mean, but I'll listen to it later with that in mind. Thanks for the comments and tips!
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #7
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard
Posts: 32
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

Hey man
I liked your melody it seems you worked hard on it
I think the track needs some breaks and buildups in it
its just can get boring with that beat that goes almost all the track
And maybe it could be a good idea to try change the rhythm of the kick from time to time in your track
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #8
Khappa MJ
Regular Freak
Khappa MJ will become famous soon enough
Posts: 12
MC Status: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

Good work ... It remember me something like 90s at beginning, Amiga demo style
I like it
Khappa MJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #9
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
Indigo's Avatar
Posts: 329
MC Status: 310
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMOS View Post
Hey man
I liked your melody it seems you worked hard on it
I think the track needs some breaks and buildups in it
its just can get boring with that beat that goes almost all the track
And maybe it could be a good idea to try change the rhythm of the kick from time to time in your track
Hey thanks for the listen. I didn't want to make the beat too varied because I didn't want it to compete with the melodic stuff, but I appreciate your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khappa MJ View Post
Good work ... It remember me something like 90s at beginning, Amiga demo style
I like it
Thanks, that's kind of the vibe I was feeling actually! Reminiscing the 90s.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #10
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Morgen's Avatar
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
Posts: 1,251
MC Status: 51237756
Thanks: 95
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Re: [Genre?... Electronic] Endless Plane - Interstellar

Hm hm.. The beat really doesn't add anything to the mood apart from sluggishness and redundancy.
All the other instruments already provide a strong rhythmic feeling, and the beat doesn't interact with / complement this rhythm in any way, doesn't add any idea, it only doubles what's already there and makes it sluggish.

Apart from that there's no real progression. It's the same thing going on and the same level of tension all the time.
But it's good to take a part out of it and build on that.

Advertisements


------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Progressive+Something?] Endless Plane - Onyx Indigo Listening Booth 0 02-04-2017 12:30 AM
[Electronic] VA - Endless Roads (Grrreat Recordings) Out Now Benwaa IDMf's User Releases 0 28-06-2016 12:31 PM
[Electronic] White Noise - Interstellar White Noise Listening Booth 6 30-05-2016 02:07 PM
I just had to sample Interstellar..... Qmau5 Introduce Yourself 2 24-03-2016 01:05 PM
[Ambient Glitch] Endless Plane - Peace Endless Listening Booth 5 01-10-2014 10:27 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.