Help sidechaining in FL Studio (bass) with picture
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
DJGarvis
Analog Lurker
DJGarvis will become famous soon enoughDJGarvis will become famous soon enough
Hick Town, WA
MC Status: 110
Help sidechaining in FL Studio (bass) with picture

I downloaded an FLP of a hardwell song. The person that created the song, didn't create a tut on how he side chained one instance of 3xOSC into four different channels. The picture here shows a Bass Input / 3xOSC mono/low / 3xOSC stereo/high / Bass Output. How did he run one instance of 3xOSC through four mixer channels? I know basic kick side chaining but this is beyond me, yet very useful. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Code:
Code:

Advertisements

------------------
DJGarvis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193
Re: Help sidechaining in FL Studio (bass) with picture

NOTE: Routing Instrument Channels to Mixer tracks - The most efficient way to route one or more Channels to Mixer tracks is to:
1. Left or Right-click the Channel Selector LED's to the right side of each Instrument Channel you want to route (Right-clicking allows multiple selections).
2. Right-click the target Mixer track and select 'Link selected channels > to this track' from the pop-up menu. OR use 'Link selected channels > starting from this track' to assign multiple Channels to multiple Mixer tracks.

I don't use FL but possibly this helps?

I found that here:

http://www.image-line.com/support/FL...s_workflow.htm
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
Aniol
Soundscaper
Aniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to behold
Huntington Beach
MC Status: 710

I have the easiest explanation for this haha its just wayyyy to much to write on here. Do you have skype? PM me and i will try to explain.
Aniol is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
DJGarvis
Analog Lurker
DJGarvis will become famous soon enoughDJGarvis will become famous soon enough
Hick Town, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniol View Post
I have the easiest explanation for this haha its just wayyyy to much to write on here. Do you have skype? PM me and i will try to explain.
I do man, I'll pm you my screen name!

------------------
DJGarvis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
NOTE: Routing Instrument Channels to Mixer tracks - The most efficient way to route one or more Channels to Mixer tracks is to:
1. Left or Right-click the Channel Selector LED's to the right side of each Instrument Channel you want to route (Right-clicking allows multiple selections).
2. Right-click the target Mixer track and select 'Link selected channels > to this track' from the pop-up menu. OR use 'Link selected channels > starting from this track' to assign multiple Channels to multiple Mixer tracks.

I don't use FL but possibly this helps?

I found that here:

http://www.image-line.com/support/FL...s_workflow.htm

Wow, FL Studio's whole layout sucks.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
Wow, FL Studio's whole layout sucks.
haha, different strokes for different folks I guess. After the amount time I've spent in Live, I can't ever see myself going outside of it. Though I think Reason would be fun to build stuff in, only to rewire it to Live. Probably not going to learn about rewiring though so Reason I no demo you.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Isn't rewiring just playing with external ins and outs? From what I remember (it's been years) it was a piece of cake to do.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #8
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

I haven't attempted it but I assume worse before doing something. But yea, from what I know it is sending outs to ins, blah blah blah.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #9
Meer
Radial Developer
Meer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond reputeMeer has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2610

Inside your red box there is an arrow button. You click that button.

http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/mixer.htm Here, the things labeled 15 and 18 are what you want.
Meer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #10
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25960

you just gotta read the section in the manual about the mixer. it's too much to put here. The mixer in FL is unorthodox but very flexible. check it yo

open the mixer and hit f1
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #11
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25960

lol or just click he link above derp
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #12
martin davies
Minor Glitch
martin davies will become famous soon enoughmartin davies will become famous soon enough
Isle Of Wight

Use the gross beat synth from FL.

Advertisements

martin davies is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote