8 track album - 1 month challenge
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 16-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #1
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460
Icon2 8 track album - 1 month challenge

The shittiest part of making music is not finishing things because you think they suck. This is about saying fuq it. Facing suckery is growth.

Bad = good

One month is about 4 weeks or 30 days. So this will allow around 3.75 days per track. Even with other things going on this should be doable. Even if you had only the weekend (2 days) per week you could pull this off. Though it would make it much more difficult. It would help to at least get a couple hours in per day along side a few long days.

I'm looking for any souls who dare to challenge and push themselves through this along side me. You can prepare anything you need before the start date. You can even get started to possibly make up for days that you can't produce.

Asking for feedback on this thread on something you are working on is allowed. Waiting for feedback may not be a good use of time though. At the end of the who cares anyway, lets have fun. Remember bad = good.

Goals:
8 track minimum (more is allowed)
No remixes unless you remix your own original content
Mix and master each of them
Release it even if it sucks
No Soundcloud, (Bandcamp only) (see below)

Today's date: May 16th
Start date: May 27th
End date: June 24th

The last week of June can be dedicated to getting it posted to bandcamp, (naming, organizing, tagging, running final checks). We can share after that point around July 1st at the latest.

Last edited by beigeboxgone; 16-05-2018 at 06:11 PM..

Advertisements

beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198360
Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,954 Posts
Re: 8 track album - 1 month challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by beigeboxgone View Post
The shittiest part of making music is not finishing things because you think they suck. This is about saying fuq it. Facing suckery is growth.

Bad = good

One month is about 4 weeks or 30 days. So this will allow around 3.75 days per track. Even with other things going on this should be doable. Even if you had only the weekend (2 days) per week you could pull this off. Though it would make it much more difficult. It would help to at least get a couple hours in per day along side a few long days.

I'm looking for any souls who dare to challenge and push themselves through this along side me. You can prepare anything you need before the start date. You can even get started to possibly make up for days that you can't produce.

Asking for feedback on this thread on something you are working on is allowed. Waiting for feedback may not be a good use of time though. At the end of the who cares anyway, lets have fun. Remember bad = good.

Goals:
8 track minimum (more is allowed)
No remixes unless you remix your own original content
Mix and master each of them
Release it even if it sucks
No Soundcloud, (Bandcamp only) (see below)

Today's date: May 16th
Start date: May 27th
End date: June 24th

The last week of June can be dedicated to getting it posted to bandcamp, (naming, organizing, tagging, running final checks). We can share after that point around July 1st at the latest.
I'm in no way shitting all over you efforts here..seriously..but we have a "Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWN) on here..in this very same section of the forum, as it so happens. There's no really that much interest in this, tbh..well, there IS interest..just folks don't seem to stick with it that much..myself included.

I recently tried to kick it back into life, but even I fell by the way without anyone else even posting to the thread..again, myself included.

All of that said, I do like the idea and took part in them in the past. My album "[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
" was the result of one, though it makes me cringe when I listen to it now..more like an album sketch really and in need to some serious reworking, that I've never gotten around to doing, but really should at some point.

I'd be up for giving this a go with you, though..but I know for a fact I won't be able to commit until the start of July, as I have a lot going on right now and won't have the time for a major project like this until then.

If you feel like hanging on for while, then that would be cool..if not, then that's obviously cool, too.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 01:23 AM   #3
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I noticed your QAWN from a couple months ago. I missed that one sadly, would have for sure, that is what inspired me. It does seem it requires people to kind of match schedules a bit. If nobody else wants to I might be able to hold out till July and work on other projects until then.

On another note Retro sounds awesome. Jamming it right now. Very atmospheric. Insane you made this in a month.

If the official QAWN has a return I am on board most likely unless other things come up.

------------------
"If you cannot get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you best teach it to dance."
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanks to beigeboxgone
A.M (17-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 01:33 AM   #4
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch

It puts me in a beautiful blade runner esq atmosphere. Little bit of logans run. Would be awesome to see what you come up with if you do this again.

------------------
"If you cannot get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you best teach it to dance."
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanks to beigeboxgone
A.M (17-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #5
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by beigeboxgone View Post
Yeah I noticed your QAWN from a couple months ago. I missed that one sadly, would have for sure, that is what inspired me. It does seem it requires people to kind of match schedules a bit. If nobody else wants to I might be able to hold out till July and work on other projects until then.

On another note Retro sounds awesome. Jamming it right now. Very atmospheric. Insane you made this in a month.

If the official QAWN has a return I am on board most likely unless other things come up.
All possible objections aside, let's make July a date then..if this takes off in the meantime, then cool..I'll still jump on board on the next one, if you hold it again. If not, then July it is.

As for Retro..I actually did it in 14 days if memory serves me right..10 tracks in total..from start to the finished state they're in now, but like I said, they still need to be polished and mastered. Don't ask how I managed it..I'm not really sure myself..it just happened..first time that music flowed from me at such a rate..and it hasn't again since.

And, yeah..most of my stuff tends to lean towards being blade runner es..it's the Vangelis influence at work..though my stuff is total shite compared to maestro's work..a mere shadow of a giant.

------------------
Old 17-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #6
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269476058
Thanked 3,049 Times in 2,021 Posts

It seems like a nice challenge to put you through but I have plenty of doubts about including mixing and mastering. Both tasks take an insane amount of time that might otherwise be better spent working on the actual tracks.

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
A.M (17-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269476058
Thanked 3,049 Times in 2,021 Posts

From an IDMf Netlabel pov, things will be quieter during mid June/July so maybe that might be a better time to run this and make it another album writing month.

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
A.M (17-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #8
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
From an IDMf Netlabel pov, things will be quieter during mid June/July so maybe that might be a better time to run this and make it another album writing month.
Watch this space..

Advertisements

------------------