[Triphop] - Neuralsphere - Clones
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 07-05-2018, 12:13 AM   #1
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9860
[Triphop] - Neuralsphere - Clones

Doodle for your strudel

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Triphop] - Neuralsphere - Clones.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965598
Thanked 1,195 Times in 919 Posts
Re: [Triphop] - Neuralsphere - Clones

this is pretty awesome sounds like a flying lotus beat, kinda get sick of the hearing that huge reverberated piano stab in the second part after the transition. how'd you get such an organic beat?if you don't mind me asking....

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:28 AM   #3
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
this is pretty awesome sounds like a flying lotus beat, kinda get sick of the hearing that huge reverberated piano stab in the second part after the transition. how'd you get such an organic beat?if you don't mind me asking....
Thanks for the feedback dude, yeah I just fancied some trip hop thing, did it in a lazy afternoon, not finished. Or is it? I might revisit to fix fx issues and add some more layers... even a new section... idk... time...

'Organic' sounding beats...

TLDR; Hunt Loads of Samples! Transpose many drum tabs to midi, replace samples to make MANY LOOPS in any style any BPM, TIME STRETCH to suit tempo, MOAR SEPARATE FX for sounds (EQ, cutoff, verb, delay, pitch shift) to wash out & highlight. LAYER with MOAR time stretched ARTEFACTS @ half speed/quarter speed. MANY. LOOPS.

Long version: I took a lot of different loops and one shots chopped and layered them together to make my own... I usually work in 160-180 bpm... cbf to make loads of loops in each tempo I rarely work in... I have some but yeah... So I time stretched to fit 105 bpm, which warps it... bit of pitch bend... then layer with chops from a x2 extended sample and repeat with x4 if bothered...

Keep exploring sounds within sounds, amplifying with eq, verb, cutoff through multiple individual buses before sending to a separate premaster then off to main master. (I sometimes split frequency bands manually instead of using a multiband compressor to compress frequencies I'll split signal 3 ways into 3 different fx racks with an EQ on each to cutoff into low, mid, high... sometimes an extra low one I add distortion to and recut to get high end fuzz) General fuckery basically.

I use crackles, pops, some breathing and various other clips, knocks and claps in this track... I love my percussive elements, make a point of taking sounds I like or that fit a specific genre I'm interested in making and doing pure beat crafting sessions to speed up production in the long run

It's also probably down to a lot of organic elements used making dnb beats. Most synthetic elements get phased by the time stretch, into mild distortion most likely or an artefact on occasion I go on to re sample into a new sound altogether or layer.

I kinda then dump all the loops into one project after all the fuckery and start chopping all that up again... and again...

I'm not an expert though, this is just what I do through trial and error...

Sometimes it sounds as good as this.

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
beigeboxgone
Minor Glitch
beigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of lightbeigeboxgone is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Sick beat, feels so good on the buds. I like the natural evolution here. Thumbs up
beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965598
Thanked 1,195 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
Thanks for the feedback dude, yeah I just fancied some trip hop thing, did it in a lazy afternoon, not finished. Or is it? I might revisit to fix fx issues and add some more layers... even a new section... idk... time...

'Organic' sounding beats...

TLDR; Hunt Loads of Samples! Transpose many drum tabs to midi, replace samples to make MANY LOOPS in any style any BPM, TIME STRETCH to suit tempo, MOAR SEPARATE FX for sounds (EQ, cutoff, verb, delay, pitch shift) to wash out & highlight. LAYER with MOAR time stretched ARTEFACTS @ half speed/quarter speed. MANY. LOOPS.

Long version: I took a lot of different loops and one shots chopped and layered them together to make my own... I usually work in 160-180 bpm... cbf to make loads of loops in each tempo I rarely work in... I have some but yeah... So I time stretched to fit 105 bpm, which warps it... bit of pitch bend... then layer with chops from a x2 extended sample and repeat with x4 if bothered...

Keep exploring sounds within sounds, amplifying with eq, verb, cutoff through multiple individual buses before sending to a separate premaster then off to main master. (I sometimes split frequency bands manually instead of using a multiband compressor to compress frequencies I'll split signal 3 ways into 3 different fx racks with an EQ on each to cutoff into low, mid, high... sometimes an extra low one I add distortion to and recut to get high end fuzz) General fuckery basically.

I use crackles, pops, some breathing and various other clips, knocks and claps in this track... I love my percussive elements, make a point of taking sounds I like or that fit a specific genre I'm interested in making and doing pure beat crafting sessions to speed up production in the long run

It's also probably down to a lot of organic elements used making dnb beats. Most synthetic elements get phased by the time stretch, into mild distortion most likely or an artefact on occasion I go on to re sample into a new sound altogether or layer.

I kinda then dump all the loops into one project after all the fuckery and start chopping all that up again... and again...

I'm not an expert though, this is just what I do through trial and error...

Sometimes it sounds as good as this.
thank you

Advertisements

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote