[Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - SWARM
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510
[Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - SWARM

Hey guys, haven't been around for a month or so, been working hard on an LP, I'm going for tripped out breakbeat, here's one of the tracks from the LP. Forthcoming on BE Recordings.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Richard Travers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - SWARM.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:19 AM   #2
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
Re: [Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - SWARM

Nice dark intro and cool white-sounding timbres for the drums that roll into the track.
I like that big synth that creates the glue between the drums, and the falling sounds.

Excellent deep sounds. As far as constructive criticism, the only thing I could think of is personal taste of thinking maybe you could have used some of the vocal samples more sparingly. Otherwise, been seriously enjoying this track and the sounds you chose. Great job!

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:37 AM   #3
Artificer
Ghostly
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 37960

You are really good at this whole making music thing. This is no exception. I enjoyed the track - it's got movement, the sampled snippets are interesting, I think it hit the 'tripped out breakbeat' on the head, and it's as well mixed as everything else I've heard from you. Has a bit of a Bristol vibe going on. Looking forward to the full release.

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #4
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Nice dark intro and cool white-sounding timbres for the drums that roll into the track.
I like that big synth that creates the glue between the drums, and the falling sounds.

Excellent deep sounds. As far as constructive criticism, the only thing I could think of is personal taste of thinking maybe you could have used some of the vocal samples more sparingly. Otherwise, been seriously enjoying this track and the sounds you chose. Great job!
Nice one Indigo!! really glad you like it mate!!!! I do use a lot of vocal samples I know, and you're not the only person who thinks that by any means.

------------------
Old 04-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
You are really good at this whole making music thing. This is no exception. I enjoyed the track - it's got movement, the sampled snippets are interesting, I think it hit the 'tripped out breakbeat' on the head, and it's as well mixed as everything else I've heard from you. Has a bit of a Bristol vibe going on. Looking forward to the full release.
That is a really realy nice thing to say man, wow, I am honoured and appreciate your support a hell of a lot!!! Thanks Artificer!!!! Your too kind man

------------------
Old 04-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Mix has been updated.

------------------
Old 04-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #7
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

Really like this one! great flow and the sounds you have use really set a motif well.

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #8
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198360
Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,954 Posts

Artificer nailed it..f the LP is as stonking as this, then it's going to be really worth the wait.

Love the use of various samples on this, that combined give the impression of something totally different. I could be wrong, but I think I'm picking out bits of Dr. Who and The Wicker Man in there. (More bees anyone? )

Best of luck with the release, Rich..you deserve it to be as large as possible, if anyone ever did.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #9
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Artificer nailed it..f the LP is as stonking as this, then it's going to be really worth the wait.

Love the use of various samples on this, that combined give the impression of something totally different. I could be wrong, but I think I'm picking out bits of Dr. Who and The Wicker Man in there. (More bees anyone? )

Best of luck with the release, Rich..you deserve it to be as large as possible, if anyone ever did.
Ahh, close, very very close, not Wickerman but infact The Swarm! With a little Aliens and Clockwork Orange thrown in for good measure!!

Thanks Dan, you da man

Last edited by Richard Travers; 05-05-2018 at 07:02 PM..

------------------
Old 05-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #10
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Really like this one! great flow and the sounds you have use really set a motif well.
Ah cheers Stranger man, nice one!!

------------------
Old 05-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #11
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198360
Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Travers View Post
Ahh, close, very very close, not Wickerman but infact The Swarm! With a little Aliens and Clockwork Orange thrown in for good measure!!

Thanks Dan, you da man

Not my brightest day yesterday. You think I would have sussed those samples were from The Swarm and not Wickerman, given the track title and image..don't know how I missed that.

Oh the shame..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:18 AM   #12
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Not my brightest day yesterday. You think I would have sussed those samples were from The Swarm and not Wickerman, given the track title and image..don't know how I missed that.

Oh the shame..
Oh don't be so hard on yourself. . . .on a lighter note xD

------------------
Old 07-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #13
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965598
Thanked 1,195 Times in 919 Posts

the bassline is really loud compared to everything else, its is mixed well, kinda wish the bassline was quieter and the drums fuller. The track overall is good, just those two aspects kinda detract from it.

Advertisements

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote