What should I do with this?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 15-01-2018, 05:23 AM   #1
Dhji
Knob Twiddler
Dhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MC
Victoria, BC
MC Status: 66696
What should I do with this?

So I have a big library of sounds like these I made, and although this one and (too many) others sound like they are multiple tracks (at one point they were), they are the result of mashing the sounds together. The problem with this approach is I have no control over the individual sounds, so what I will do, is chop them up into individual sounds, but it seems I have this habit of mashing them together again and then deleting the others (OCD I guess). I guess your guys first advice would probably be to keep all the tracks rather than deleting them when I mash them together. I just find with a these kinds of sounds, I am unsure where to go with them because I feel I am doing something I don't really know (I am not trying to go for any particular genre. Just whatever feels right)

Note, I have no education on how to EQ etc, but I wanted to ask what you guys think of my eqing. Am I going in the right direction? I guess there is no right. EIther way, what do you think of these tracks and what artist do you think is similar, and what genre do you think this is. Do you have any advice?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Dhji; 15-01-2018 at 06:17 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I don't know either man. I kinda feel like things are heading towards talking about our feels...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
So, this is the time to confess my unrequited love for Dhji?
Dhji is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4410
Re: What should I do with this?

Wow nice sound design! I don't know why, the sounds reminds me the album ISAM by Amon Tobin. I think the EQ is ok, but I'm no expert. Also, don't overthink it, if it sounds right, it's right, whatever the workflow (but if it doesn't sounds right to you that's another problem...).

Let us know when you have tracks coming out of this!

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sons of Achab
Dhji (16-01-2018)
Old 16-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
Dhji
Knob Twiddler
Dhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MC
Victoria, BC
MC Status: 66696
Re: What should I do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons of Achab View Post
Wow nice sound design! I don't know why, the sounds reminds me the album ISAM by Amon Tobin. I think the EQ is ok, but I'm no expert. Also, don't overthink it, if it sounds right, it's right, whatever the workflow (but if it doesn't sounds right to you that's another problem...).

Let us know when you have tracks coming out of this!
Haha this just made my day thanks! So near but so far - releasing.

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I don't know either man. I kinda feel like things are heading towards talking about our feels...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
So, this is the time to confess my unrequited love for Dhji?
Dhji is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote