ADDA converter ??????
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
najac
Regular Freak
najac is on a distinguished road
Uppland
MC Status: 10
ADDA converter ??????

Hi, I wonder if someone can explain this thing , and what I need .
How does the ADDA converter works ?( I think it has to do with the audio signals to be converted in some way , and that I will have more quality in the audio ) . If had an ADDA converter what do I need more ?
When I read about ADDA on the internet , it is only written about the converter and not what I need more of audio equipment to make it run like a ordinary interface .
Anyone who can explain this for me ?
I would be very grateful if someone could lightening up this for me .

Advertisements

najac is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Numerical
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45820931
Thanked 3,255 Times in 2,184 Posts
Re: ADDA converter ??????

Converts (audio) electrical signals into 1's and 0's, basically. Any audio interface you buy has this feature.

------------------
You, there! Golden boy. Come here! Rub oil on me.

altered-echo.com <<< Jam some tunes! Get some stems! Submit a remix! Do it.

Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Universal Wave
MC Status: 11449904
Re: ADDA converter ??????

An AD/DA converter is an analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converter. As Numerical said, any audio interface has this. In fact, your computer has one for all of its audio hookups; microphone, headphones, and surround sound.

If you're interested in expanding and improving your current audio device (if you are using your built in audio), you may consider purchasing an audio interface, which provides input and output options for your computer audio application.

Numerical was already saying this...
An AD converter takes an analog signal and changes it into 0's and 1's. It does this by sampling the signal at a regular frequency (for example 44.1kHz, or 44,100 times per second (hz)) and quantizing that value into a certain bit sized number (for example, 16-bit or 24-bit). The higher the number of bits you use to quantize the signal (or bit depth), the more values you can represent. CD Audio operates at a 44.1kHz sample rate, and at 16-bit depth. This is acceptable for most uses, however professional studios usually use 24-bit.

This information is taken and usually stored as a wav, aiff, mp3, aac, flac or other type of audio file. When you play back a file, these files are sent to the DA converter. What the DA does is what the AD does, only in reverse. It reads the numbers stored in the audio file, and reproduces the waveform as an electrical signal, which is then sent to your speakers or headphones, and propagates through the air as sound.

There's lots of tutorials online and articles you can read on this subject. Here is one:
http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/au...-digital-audio

There's plenty of others if you look. Wikipedia is never a bad starting place, however be sure to check out things people have written online. There may even be some info on this very site.

Advertisements

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness
FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote