"Eric Prydz"-snare
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
acem
Learning The Ropes
acem is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
"Eric Prydz"-snare

Hey IDM!

I'm writing an article about sampling within commercial music and I've come across a sample that is used alot within housemusic. Eric Prydz made the track 'Miami To Atlanta' in 2009 (the first one in the clip) and since then his characteristic snare-sound has been used in many tracks. I have just found some, I remember there are more but cant remember excactly, and that's why I'm asking you. Do you know any more tracks that uses this sample?

www36.zippyshare.com/v/4398222/file.html

The first one is the Miami To Atlanta, the second one SHM's new single "Antidote". The rest is actually only DJ R3Hab. How okey is it to use this snare in nearly all his tracks??

All the best

Advertisements

acem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Matisse & Sadko - Amulet
Old 09-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
Skept3k
Knob Twiddler
Skept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MCSkept3k is a savage MC
Boulder, CO
MC Status: 1664950
Re: "Eric Prydz"-snare

It's such a basic one hit snare sample that's really easy to recreate on your own. Snare hits like that have been used for decades in electronic music. The snare does sound familiar in those tracks, possible it could have been the same from Eric Prydz track.

I doubt that Eric Prydz was the first to use that sound, though. I'd imagine it's been used in other electronic music tracks before his.

Like I said it's pretty much just a basic snare hit... of course it's used in a lot of house music and any music for that matter.

Advertisements

------------------
Follow Skept3k for free downloads @ Facebook & Soundcloud :2420ddd:
Steve Aoki - Ladi Dadi (Skept3k Remix)
Skept3k is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote