[FAWM] Ambient Mechanics FAWM tunes - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 06-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #41
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
Re: [FAWM] Ambient Mechanics FAWM tunes

Updated op with track # 08.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 07-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #42
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Updated op with track # 09.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 07-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #43
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541177
Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,319 Posts

you are a machine. I can't keep up!

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks
Thanks to chasedobson
A.M (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 12:59 AM   #44
A.M

I guess it looks that way..but trust me, I don't usually work this fast. In fact, I don't really understand how I'm doing this..but as long as it last I'm not complaining.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
chasedobson (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #45
A.M

Updated op with track # 10.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #46
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts

#5: This feels like I've been startled awake by a dream. Like after that moment of extreme clarity you get really fuzzy and drifty. I really don't have an suggestions. Maybe that moving saw sound in the background could get a bit fuller to punctuate something? Maybe a moment where you use some big impact sounds and things get dark for a moment then we transition back to the drifty light?

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
A.M (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #47
A.M

Thanks, man, for that..good of you to check it out. Was beginning to think everyone had skipped over my stuff of late.

I know what you mean about bring that saw sound out more or making it a little darker in some part or parts..trust me, I tried this out while mixing it, but I didn't think it worked as well as I thought it would..with this take on the mix being better..more of a slow progression to the expected end, if you know what I mean.

I guess it's playing it safe a bit, but then again, this is the kind of stuff I really like to do..light and hopeful.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 02:55 AM   #48
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

The end of the week I actually have less time to check stuff out. I'm sure people will come back to check stuff out, man. I'm dedicated to leaving some kind of comment on all IDMf FAWM tracks even if it takes until the end of March ;p

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #49
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

catching up as i can!

#4 very cinematic feel, if the arpeggiated synth's filter didnt sound so VA I would say that this reminds me of italian horror film material from the 70's love that vibe!

------------------
Thanks to chasedobson
A.M (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #50
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
The end of the week I actually have less time to check stuff out. I'm sure people will come back to check stuff out, man. I'm dedicated to leaving some kind of comment on all IDMf FAWM tracks even if it takes until the end of March ;p
No, dude..didn't mean that YOU were slacking off or anything like that ..I KNOW you are commenting on everyone's stuff..just wish everyone was as committed to posting feedback as you are, but I understand the guys have lives to live and shit to do outside of here. That, plus we aren't even halfway through the month yet..so saying that might be a bit premature on my part I guess.

Last edited by A.M; 09-02-2014 at 05:24 PM..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #51
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
catching up as i can!

#4 very cinematic feel, if the arpeggiated synth's filter didnt sound so VA I would say that this reminds me of italian horror film material from the 70's love that vibe!
Thanks for that, Chase..though I honestly don't understand what you mean by "VA"..I know it's in there somewhere, but it's too early for me on a Sunday afternoon to dig it out.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #52
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745493

Nice work AM. Out of the first 4 tracks, I'd have to say the last 3 are my favorites. Number 1 has some sweet elements in it. The delayed melody, the bass sound that seems to be apart of the kick.

2 through 4 seem to be made for each other though. There is a distance in them, a bit of toughness.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks
Thanks to bbb
A.M (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #53
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
Nice work AM. Out of the first 4 tracks, I'd have to say the last 3 are my favorites. Number 1 has some sweet elements in it. The delayed melody, the bass sound that seems to be apart of the kick.

2 through 4 seem to be made for each other though. There is a distance in them, a bit of toughness.
Thanks, B, for checking those out. I think you'll find as you work your way through em that they're a bit of a mixed bag in general and touch on a number of styles..kind of..in my own "AM" way.

And, yeah, I can see how 2 through 4 sit well together..different approach taken during production on them. Still, I'm happy in general with what's I've done so far..but still got to hammer out the last 4, so it ain't over until the fat lady sings. Guess that means the last one's going to have that Soprano from Omnisphere in it somewhere.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
bbb (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #54
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
Thanks for that, Chase..though I honestly don't understand what you mean by "VA"..I know it's in there somewhere, but it's too early for me on a Sunday afternoon to dig it out.

Virtual Analog

------------------
Thanks to chasedobson
A.M (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #55
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
Virtual Analog
DUHH How did I not get that??

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #56
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Track 6: Loving that "wet" sounding resonant almost percussion or arp? Any way. Loving that. Also there is this pulse kinda thing in the background kinda holding the beat down along with the hats. This one feels a bit like traveling somewhere far away, but there is a good energy/pace to the journey. Like I'm not expecting to get there soon, but the journey is fantastic so I dont care.

------------------
Old 09-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #57
A.M

Thanks for that, A..glad you liked it.

To be honest, that one was a bit tricky getting everything to sit right in the mix. I knew it would work, but with the different elements all going on in it, it all came down to mixing them with the nanoKontrol2..and that really made a big difference to how I used to do it before.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback..really appreciate you doing this. Nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #58
A.M

Updated op with track # 11.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 11-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #59
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

#7 sounds a bit like some elaborate ritual is going on...I can almost smell the incense. The ocean on loop is a tad static for my taste. I think there is room for automation there. A welcomed change up at 4:45. Very meditative, trance inducing track.

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (11-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2014, 02:47 AM   #60
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
#7 sounds a bit like some elaborate ritual is going on...I can almost smell the incense. The ocean on loop is a tad static for my taste. I think there is room for automation there. A welcomed change up at 4:45. Very meditative, trance inducing track.
Yeah..it's one of those tracks that isn't going to sit well with everyone I guess.

I know what you mean about the static feel of the ocean, but that's done deliberately..as an attempt to instill a sense of unease in the listener..a kind of "somethings not totally right about this" kind of thing. I want to hold the listener there in that moment, yet make them feel like running from it.

Sorry..I know this all sounds a bit crazy, but the track's called "Lost"..basically "lost at sea" and I was originally going to go with "washed up"..but thought just plain "lost" fit it better. Just imagine a woman standing on the shore, gazing out to sea, lamenting the loss of a loved one and you get the picture.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out and letting me know your thoughts..nice one..appreciated as always, dude.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks