Is Merging 2 Artists You Created Into One Track Legit? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts
Re: Is Merging 2 Artists You Created Into One Track Legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

Yeah, but I've seen a show with Hallucinogen and Shpongle playing together and a lot of people were like "Why not just call it Shpongle". But that's a bit different because Simon Ponsford is Hallucinogen and he's in a band called Shpongle.
See that makes some sense to me. When it is just one person with multiple aliases that is when I raise an eyebrow...unless it is a case of having two well established alias both with a large fanbase or a legal reason. But I think @banewaker rounded out the situation nicely. If the only purpose for doing the dual alias thing is some mental gymnastics in the artist's head, just get on with the music I say.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
deadmau7 (07-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 05:00 AM   #22
rewir3d
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016
MC Status: 3064419

I plan on doing a six way collab with myself this coming year! Going to be super sick...keep your eyes out for dem' beats
rewir3d is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to rewir3d
lolirl (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 06:10 AM   #23
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105318089

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoxygen View Post
so i wanted to run something by you guys- i'm considering doing a collab with 2 of my artist aliases, Both of them i created. Do you think that's legit? at first i was like- ya that's a great thing to do. but the more i thought about it, and what i plan to do with each of those aliases seperately, i want to release it cuz it's a great track. but truthfully it's a blend of my two styles, and it doesn't feel like just one of the aliases solo. Legit to release it as my alias-vs-my alias?
I say fucking DO IT! I would be interested to hear what styles and influence you incorperate in these projects. As for legit? If you feel that this is something that moves you on a higher vibration, Do not hesitate to make this happen for one more moment after all, You are your own executive producer and only you have the say so of what goes on and is released from your studio spayce.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 06:56 AM   #24
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390679

thanks so much everyone this was so worth posting!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote