Getting Cakewalk Z3TA +2 to work in Ableton
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
gammarang
Regular Freak
gammarang is currently spamming hard
Somewhere I hope to leave soon
MC Status: 10
Icon9 Getting Cakewalk Z3TA +2 to work in Ableton

So a while back I installed Cakewalk Z3ta+2 to use in FL Studio. About two weeks ago I switched over to Ableton as my primary DAW and I have properly located the VSTplugins folder and rescanned, restarted and all the rest of that good stuff in order to try and get it working in Ableton. Lol, no luck bro. Can anyone perhaps throw me a solution or two as to how i may go about solving this problem, if not a reason for why this is happening would be more than appreciated.

Cheers in advance to anyone with knowledge on this problem.:ph34r:

Advertisements

gammarang is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Cracked World Foundation
Cracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MCCracked World Foundation is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 15135
Re: Getting Cakewalk Z3TA +2 to work in Ableton

Presumably you're using Windows (given the 'VSTplugins folder' mentioned) and presumably you've installed it as a VST. Presumably there are other VSTs in the same folder that are being detected by Ableton. And presumably you're talking about a legit, purchased copy of both Z3ta and Ableton.

If all of that is correct, then what you've done should work. If it doesn't, try reinstalling Z3ta to the same location. It won't mess with your FL Studio install but you never know, it might get things going in Ableton.

One other thing to check - VST3 plugins won't work in Ableton. If you've installed Z3ta as a VST3 rather than standard VST plugin, that's your problem.

------------------
Cracked World Foundation is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745493

Go to where z3ta is, then cut it from there and put it in your vst folder for ableton. It may see it upon a reboot or you can rescan. Ableton is looking in the wrong place.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
kryptolith
Barely Legal
kryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MCkryptolith is a savage MC
Winnipeg
MC Status: 20506287

vst3 and 64bit plugins do not work in ableton
kryptolith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13021026

i recall a problem i had with z3ta2 and i reinstalled it for it to work, also make sure you have that exe file that the installer puts within the same folder as the vst (dll) file
aeoR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562330
Thanked 7,428 Times in 5,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoR View Post
i recall a problem i had with z3ta2 and i reinstalled it for it to work, also make sure you have that exe file that the installer puts within the same folder as the vst (dll) file
Yea...Z3TA has or had weird bugs...like I was never able to install it because the Admin account on my windows 7 isn't called Admin. And Cakewalk's "fix" didn't work.:banafuck1:

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
gammarang
Regular Freak
gammarang is currently spamming hard
Somewhere I hope to leave soon
MC Status: 10

Ah yes! Got it working, finally! Was just a case of reinstalling. Thanks for the help guys

Advertisements

gammarang is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote