[Braindance/IDM] Bug (l3ug) - Bug Sea
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
l3ug
Microknight
l3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to all
Livorno
MC Status: 610
[Braindance/IDM] Bug (l3ug) - Bug Sea

Another track i made some days ago so happy and curious to hear some feedback here.
Track made on Ableton Live, Operator, Synth1, Serum are the vst i used, a lot of ableton compressor and EqEight, Tremolo and ping-pong/reverb on some channels

I've used another EqEight, but on master to make the >200 Hz sounds Mono.

that's the piece ^^

hope you enjoy ^^

Last edited by A.M; 03-10-2017 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: fixed title

Advertisements

------------------
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Philip K. Dick

l3ug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to l3ug
Iyashi Sound (04-10-2017)
Rate this track - [Braindance/IDM] Bug (l3ug) - Bug Sea.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
Iyashi Sound
Minor Glitch
Iyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760
Re: [Braindance/IDM] Bug (l3ug) - Bug Sea

I like the music, but I think you're pushing the compressor/limiter thing too hard. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it's like the sidechain/limiter pumping is too heavy and unfocused rhythmically and ends up working against the feeling/groove of the music instead of enhancing it.
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
l3ug
Microknight
l3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to all
Livorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyashi Sound View Post
I like the music, but I think you're pushing the compressor/limiter thing too hard. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it's like the sidechain/limiter pumping is too heavy and unfocused rhythmically and ends up working against the feeling/groove of the music instead of enhancing it.
thanks for your answer! it was my intention to have heavy sidechains but maybe I set bad attack and release the compressor ... I do not have great knowledge of mastering

i need more pratcism

------------------
Philip K. Dick

Old 05-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #4
Brokarucci
Regular Freak
Brokarucci is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

My brain moves strange inside my head to this track.
Brokarucci is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #5
Lorenzo
IDMf's latest spammer
Lorenzo will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Good track, I like it, but I think that the lead is weak, in my opinion you should have developed more the sequence from 2:13 because the bass is pleasantly acid. Instead the drums are interesting: excellent modulations. Sometimes less is more, only the chords and the bass plus the drums you have programmed: it could have sounded less playful and more psychedelic/atmospheric
Lorenzo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35994846

I like a lot of what I am hearing this. The random arrangement is a little off putting for my average listen, but that could come down to making a more thoughtful intro to get your hooks in someone and then going all jazz on it. Nice filtering and the mix seems solid enough. I find adding a sidechained/triggered gate to some of the sounds in a genre like this to be a cool thing you might try. Keep at it.
My 2 cents, which are worth a grain of salt, so don't take my feedback too seriously.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #7
l3ug
Microknight
Livorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokarucci View Post
My brain moves strange inside my head to this track.
*producer's goal*

------------------
Philip K. Dick

Old 13-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #8
l3ug
Microknight
Livorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
Good track, I like it, but I think that the lead is weak, in my opinion you should have developed more the sequence from 2:13 because the bass is pleasantly acid. Instead the drums are interesting: excellent modulations. Sometimes less is more, only the chords and the bass plus the drums you have programmed: it could have sounded less playful and more psychedelic/atmospheric
thanks! i see you italian like me, we can't speak italian here ahah (rules) add me on facebook if you wanna, i'll send u a private messageDD

------------------
Philip K. Dick

Old 14-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #9
musesickdt
Microknight
musesickdt is currently spamming hard
Bahamas
MC Status: 25

I like the jazzy feels, and you have some great filter use in there. Nice fills as well.

Advertisements

------------------
musesickdt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote