[Electro-Industrial] Daggit - "BackHanded"
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 02-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
Daggit
Master of the LFO
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
"Let beauty loose!" --Nitzer Ebb
MC Status: 8560
Icon3 [Electro-Industrial] Daggit - "BackHanded"

"BackHanded" by Daggit:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This is admittedly a Work-In-Progress; it will be a bit more interesting after some other elements are added. For now, this is a Proof Of Concept for my ability to make certain types of sounds without expensive gear.

I was pretty happy to learn how to make the DJ turntable scratching type of sounds. It's not perfect, but it does add a lot of character. You can be sure I will add some stuff like that to some of my other tunes.

If you have ideas for overdub layers for this tune, please let me know.
I will probably be adding vocals to this, but it could use other stuff. I just don't know how to change up the chords any more and I don't have the stems anymore... yeah, I know that's kinda lame, but that's how I work sometimes.

Advertisements

------------------
{novel, fresh, different, recent, modern, unexampled}
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro-Industrial] Daggit - "BackHanded".
Old 02-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
Brokarucci
Regular Freak
Brokarucci is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [Electro-Industrial] Daggit - "BackHanded"

It has interesting moments, but it still sounds empty. Try to add something, that will fill it. The track has a lot of unused frequencies.
Brokarucci is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:46 AM   #3
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504
Re: [Electro-Industrial] Daggit - "BackHanded"

Hey there...

i think this track could use some reggae type bleeps.. or a odd chord stab .. gated, delayed in some places, and then also reversed to help with transitions at the end of phrases, and possibly tape spun forward style (speed up) at the beginning of other phrases.

A few FX's that come to mind right away is to build a bed of hits, meat slaps, and feet shuffling through gravel/sand. Don't put a lot of focus on the fx, but use them as a bed to build tension. Also don't allow yourself to get overly consumed by this bit of effects as they would be dominate in the mix stages.

Possibly throw some crickets in a reverb, that acts as a tail to snare hit here and there.

Hmm the other thing I heard right away was I really wanted that bass to be broken up. Ie. have the 1and3 be a acid single stab, then come back with your bass. Or .. possibly have a few simple notes from a stand up bass? Just anything to give some different tones/character/texture to that fun bass line.

Really hope you come up with some fun, off, random, unexpected lyrics!

Thanks for sharing!

Advertisements

tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote