[tech-house]James Pingel-techhouse 9-3-17
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-10-2017, 03:41 AM   #1
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 20160
[tech-house]James Pingel-techhouse 9-3-17

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Still having some trouble embedding private links, sorry dudes.

So, tbh, I think this turned out bad. What I need to know is what I can do to make it better. Mix is unfinished, unmastered. I guess I'd add a little top end (and some upper bass listening again), but it sounds to me like it manages to be empty, yet stuff is conflicting with each other a lot. And the format, oh god the format. I'm coming off doing some dark techno for the compilation album the netlabel's putting out, so I thought I'd take the long repetitive format of techno and mix it with the sound design and music stylings of house. To me, it just turned out an oversimplified house track that overstays it's welcome. What say you?

Advertisements

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [tech-house]James Pingel-techhouse 9-3-17.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
Iyashi Sound
Minor Glitch
Iyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to beholdIyashi Sound is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760
Re: [tech-house]James Pingel-techhouse 9-3-17

I think the main problem here is that the chords and theme work is lazy and uninteresting. It also sounds like the tempo is strangely uneven, like some kind of sync problem maybe. idk. Your mixing skills sound fine to me though, so I suggest spending more time on coming up with interesting chord-progressions. You can't polish a turd.
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
Daggit
Soundscaper
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
Däggit pronounced DAWG-EET
MC Status: 6660

I'm not into the style, but the mix is ok. Please keep developing your ideas. Peace.

------------------
Hear my tunes at https://hearthis.at/daggit-gr/
Using: M-Audio KeyStation 49es, Alesis M1Active 320 USB, HP EliteBook, Xubuntu Linux w/WINE, Reaper, FL Studio, lots of freeware VST instruments and effects.
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8532980
Thanked 6,841 Times in 4,870 Posts

I’m not a huge fan of the saw lead if I’m honest. When the filter is open it just feels dry. I think just a little detune and a splash of chorus could really change it up. Maybe it is just my ears/listening system today, because I did just say this to someone else, but when lead sounds a bit flat or dull when its LPF.

Overall my issue is that the synth patches all sound a bit basic/toyish. The melody and harmony is all a bit sugary for my taste, however I think more complex synth patches could help here. That happens to me all the time in my own work.

It takes a bit to get going—some timbral changes along the way could help—but I think it ends up with enough ideas to be interesting. Not every track needs to be an absolute banger. As a DJ I always liked having a strong arsenal of mid energy tracks (though this is pretty high energy about half way through).

I think this is workable. But the synths and or the bubbly/sugary harmonies need attention.

FWIW, I don’t think a dance track needs super complex tradtitional song writing. Its more about timbral variation and infectious subtley varying loops, at least for me.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:33 AM   #5
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 20160

Thanks for the input guys, I think I know what this needs after getting some distance from it and getting your feedback. I've just got other stuff going on right now. I'll let you know what exactly I come up with when I do.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 173560
Thanked 3,471 Times in 2,593 Posts

For the record, White Noise, you can't embed private links any other way than how you have done..only public links will let you use the embedded player..if it's a private link, then all you can do is include the link directly in your post, like you did above.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #7
musesickdt
Microknight
musesickdt is currently spamming hard
Bahamas
MC Status: 25

White Noise, I think that you nailed the issues in your own summary.
I'll be honest, it took me about 45 seconds to listen to the entire track of 6min. I was able to skip through it quite a bit and never felt like I missed anything. Imagine a movie like that, would you watch it?
Just my two cents, and I say it from a loving place I've noticed that in my own works, of 100 ideas, only one or two are valuable.
You could also find that missing piece that makes my synopsis obsolete. Cheers if you can accomplish that.

------------------
musesickdt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 02:23 AM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8532980
Thanked 6,841 Times in 4,870 Posts

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I do a little mini LB blitz no and again, but I might miss an update of the track. Feel free to PM me whenever you get the next version done. Always willing to lend an ear if I can.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #9
Adelina
Microknight
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Just do not hit me, but the melody of this track really reminds me Rammstein - Pussy O_O

Advertisements

Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote