How he created this small sound effect?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 29-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
pavleas
Microknight
pavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of light
Athens
MC Status: 460
Icon4 How he created this small sound effect?

Hi guys! I want to make something similar to this sound for one of my tracks. I mostly tried waves that sound like vowels but no luck. So i need some of this site's expertise!!
Listen to the sound that starts at 0:53 and ends at 0:55. Any tips would be appreciated.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Thanks in advance guys!!!!

Advertisements

------------------
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
https://soundcloud.com/pavleas/nosferatu
pavleas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8532980
Thanked 6,841 Times in 4,870 Posts
Re: How he created this small sound effect?

Sounds like an FM vowel formant to me. I have no idea how to produce that, though I think you can do it with FM8 or Sytrus. Maybe start there.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
pavleas (02-10-2017)
Old 30-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8160
Re: How he created this small sound effect?

That's either FM, or that one wavetable in Massive, I forget the name. Try modulating the feedback in some FM synth.

Advertisements

------------------
Try a lowpassed square wave, moron.

Also, buy my God damn music, please.
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote