[Future Beats] Urple Eeple - Nightlife
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 24-09-2017, 10:30 PM   #1
Urple.Eeple
Radial Developer
Urple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 212696
[Future Beats] Urple Eeple - Nightlife

Hi guys,

Just finished this and would love to hear what you guys think of it :-) Cheers!

Advertisements

------------------
Urple.Eeple is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Future Beats] Urple Eeple - Nightlife.
Old 25-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #2
Daggit
Soundscaper
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
Däggit pronounced DAWG-EET
MC Status: 6660
Re: [Future Beats] Urple Eeple - Nightlife

You are very talented. Your synthesis and resampling and drum and effect programming and sound choices are sophisticated. My only wish is that there was some significant chord changes. The whole tune lingers on one note which gets boring after a while.

I have the same problem sometimes. I made a tune that is one of my best tunes ever, and yet it is stuck on only 2 chords. Most tunes need a minimum of about 4 chords, maybe 3 if you're really clever about it. Good people know how to do lots of chords.

I don't mean to sound too harsh though. Your DOOXS dirt remix is top notch, one of the best tunes I've heard all year long.

------------------
Hear my tunes at https://hearthis.at/daggit-gr/
Using: M-Audio KeyStation 49es, Alesis M1Active 320 USB, HP EliteBook, Xubuntu Linux w/WINE, Reaper, FL Studio, lots of freeware VST instruments and effects.
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #3
Adelina
Microknight
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Man, it`s really awesome! Cool work!
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
Inna Selez
Granular Poster
Inna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Great tune! Also very cool cover art, where is it from?
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #5
Urple.Eeple
Radial Developer
Urple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MC
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggit View Post
You are very talented. Your synthesis and resampling and drum and effect programming and sound choices are sophisticated. My only wish is that there was some significant chord changes. The whole tune lingers on one note which gets boring after a while.

I have the same problem sometimes. I made a tune that is one of my best tunes ever, and yet it is stuck on only 2 chords. Most tunes need a minimum of about 4 chords, maybe 3 if you're really clever about it. Good people know how to do lots of chords.

I don't mean to sound too harsh though. Your DOOXS dirt remix is top notch, one of the best tunes I've heard all year long.
I always appreciate the feedback although I must say, there's quite a lot of chords used in this song. 6 different chords in the main drop and the breakout section is an entirely different key.

Thanks for listening though :-) Not sure why it sounds to you like one chord, but I definitely work very hard on my chord progressions and if I wrote a song with only a couple chords I would probably be too bored of it to complete it haha :-P

Last edited by Urple.Eeple; 26-09-2017 at 11:20 PM..

------------------
Old 27-09-2017, 12:11 AM   #6
Daggit
Soundscaper
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
Däggit pronounced DAWG-EET
MC Status: 6660

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, thanks for the reply. Sorry I was wrong about the chord modulations. Maybe it seems that way because one of the lead elements lingers on one note for most of the tune. If you listen to it analytically, I think you'll hear it too. You could experiment with some minus mixes to find out which element is holding the tune back. I believe you. I think it's one of the vocal sample thingies. Not sure. Seriously though, your DOOXS remix of dirt is one of the best tunes I've heard all year long. Peace.

------------------
Hear my tunes at https://hearthis.at/daggit-gr/
Using: M-Audio KeyStation 49es, Alesis M1Active 320 USB, HP EliteBook, Xubuntu Linux w/WINE, Reaper, FL Studio, lots of freeware VST instruments and effects.
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #7
tvmcc
Knob Twiddler
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522454

SO damn freee-yush!

Only thing I truly desire right away is that the vocal chops had a little more fade on the fade out. Possibly also a curved bell to sweep the fade put slightly on them as well. Hope what I am trying to convey makes sense.

Thanks for sharing!
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #8
Urple.Eeple
Radial Developer
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmcc View Post
SO damn freee-yush!

Only thing I truly desire right away is that the vocal chops had a little more fade on the fade out. Possibly also a curved bell to sweep the fade put slightly on them as well. Hope what I am trying to convey makes sense.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the feedback! By fade do you mean a longer volume fade on the tails of the vocal bits?

------------------
Old 29-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834377

5.5K plays must be doing something right.

Only critque (personal, taste to my old ears), there's a lot of top end going on and complicates the listening experience. But overall cant criticise the structure. Not my genre, so difficult to comment on much else.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:28 PM   #10
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2134

This is not usually my sort of sound but found myself listening to this all the way through and enjoying it.

I loved all the little quick vocal hits and the production is really nice...

Top work.

Advertisements

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote