MPC Live/X
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 19-08-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269465358
Thanked 2,835 Times in 1,878 Posts
MPC Live/X

So, role call, how many of us have gotten or are considering the MPC X/Live?
What are your thoughts so far?

It took me a bit to get into the flow and understand how it's meant to work, but now I'm really happy with it and I realised that apart from a couple of things, it is a great machine.

Reverb could be better (I gave up on it and when I need reverb I run the audio out, resample the wet reverb and mix it in with the original sound), automation editing is completely missing and clips as they are now are worthless, but I think we finally clicked and I can say I finally understand the MPC feeling.

I tried the software and gave up on it in 15 minutes, it's not bad, but I moved away from Maschine as it was tethered and made me think like I was using a computer, so I consider this a full standalone instrument.

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52360
Thanked 1,047 Times in 772 Posts
Re: MPC Live/X

I'm still a bit conflicted. As a standalone unit I feel it's uninspiring and a complete failure. The lack of modulation sources and mediocre effects really limit me. It made me realize just how much I rely on FX.
As of recent I have used it more and more to record my hardware rig, especially using the loop recorder. As a straight up looper/sampler it excels.

Using it as a MIDI controller is still on my to do list, as is resampling in controller mode.

I'd be much happier with it if the FX didn't suck.

Also, the OS is still buggy. Occasional disk eject error messages where it just loses connection to the internal SSD or it crashes on powering down. I feel this unit should be more fun to play with, but it just isn't for me.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote