Question about remove vocals from song
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 15-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
Meto
IDMf's latest spammer
Meto is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Question about remove vocals from song

Hello guys,
My name is Meto from jordan/ middle east , I am a writter and lately I wrote some parodies for songs and I really wanna record them but the problem is that I dont know anything about producing music, I was looking for karoke or a way to remove vocals from a song like " despacito " for example.
But I couldnt find.

I found this fourm and I like it, hope if there's someone can help me how to start.

Advertisements

Meto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
PostPone
Minor Glitch
PostPone has a spectacular aura aboutPostPone has a spectacular aura aboutPostPone has a spectacular aura about
Sydney
MC Status: 228
Re: Question about remove vocals from song

Spectral Layers is a powerful tool for removing or isolating elements from a mixdown. However, removing vocals is going to be very tricky as there will undoubtedly be many other parts in the mix that share frequencies with the vox. You can always give it a go though!

------------------
PostPone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
einmeier
Granular Poster
einmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1709

I agree to PostPone, removing vocals is one of the probably most tricky and complicated things as the human voice is very complex.

If you want to add your vocals to instrumental tracks, there are a few ways: For many songs especially in the rnb/hiphop-genre often they artists release the regular song and an instrumental, in times when we bought maxi-cds often next to the original song you got the instrumental on top.

On very, very old pop, blues, funk- and rock- and soul-songs you could try to work with the stereo-field as vocals usually sit in the 'middle' and instruments don't. That's not a rule but many acapellas have been created by fading out instruments on the left and right side of the stereo-field, some audio-editors offer even tools for processing exactly songs that way.

Using EQs might help a bit but usually you don't get rid of the whole vocal just by using EQs, that's my experience. Still depends on the track, sometimes you can have success, sometimes you do fail.

Some 'Wave'-Plugins for DAW offer the possibility to remove unwanted noise, like crackles, as these plugins can 'learn' it's also a way of how to remove vocals, usually you then need a fragment of the song with vocals only so the plugin can learn its frequency and then later filters that frequency out. The result can be okay or horrible, the more frequencies are filtered out, the more synthetic a track then can sound like a bad mp3-encoding or an old realaudio-media-file.

As todays CPU is so powerfull using spectral analysis could help as well, PostPone is absolutely right: But don't think with a few clicks it's done, usually when using special analysis you need to go thru the whole song second per second, find, select the different frequencies and blend/fade 'em out as best as you can so the instruments still remain. Some pro's use these methods for audio restaurations and some extract acapellas out of songs, but if it should be near-to-perfect you can spend countless hours just to work on a few seconds of an audio-clip to achieve good results. But it still depends on the source, for some songs it works perfectly, for some it doesn't.

So, as you see, there are different approaches and tools but none usually works like magic and does the trick by clicking one or two buttons.

AUDACITY (the free wave-editor) has - for example - a tool included to remove vocals/isolate vocals, you could give it a try and there are a few tutorials out there of how it works best.
VOCALZAP is an ios-app afaik, they claim they can remove vocals, haven't tried it for myself.
I slightly remember that even quikquak offered a plugin to isolate vocals.

So, good luck, when you're searching for that topic at other sites/google you'll find many tutorials and more tools which are worth a try, but be sure, it's not that easy. I remember someone mentioned at another forum that removing vocals out of a song is like removing the milk out of your coffee
einmeier is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 09:16 PM   #4
-Agu-
Soundwave Mangler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 4160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meto View Post
I was looking for karoke or a way to remove vocals from a song like " despacito "
I hope you didn't get exhausted while at it.

Tbh there are usually instrumentals available for popular songs.

On the other hand, if you can get your hands on an acapella version of the song you can use phase cancellation technique to remove the vocals from the full version, as explained in this video:

I don't expect it to make any sense to you however...

------------------
-Agu- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
backtotape
IDMf's latest spammer
backtotape has a spectacular aura aboutbacktotape has a spectacular aura about
Warsaw
MC Status: 160

I really like Elevayta Extra Boy Pro. I can't paste links but I think you will find it

Advertisements

backtotape is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote