referencing for design/mastering
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2760
referencing for design/mastering

so what do you use as a your reference? it would depend id imagine, on what you were doing. whether it be mastering or sound design?

i use my favorite artists to give me influence, to help me shape an idea sometimes if i do not have my own already. i consider this a reference for sound design.

another type of reference i use is for mastering and this is usually for sound level or loudness. i use the internet radio ... from di.fm sometimes, as i noticed with di.fm, on my audio meter plugin, they leave room for headroom and max out to near 0db. most the songs i listen to are in the same led range, so i start there. mostly because it sounds good. I figure if my produced songs sound as loud as a cd, the internet radio, a high quality mp3... then should be okay right? at least for now?

i do have a cd i compare with, i figure on keeping the same genre or style of music, to compare to could benefit?

sorry for bad engrish

Advertisements

------------------
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote