OUT NOW! IDMf048- Dark Techno/IDM
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Old 26-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269464958
Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,874 Posts
OUT NOW! IDMf048- Dark Techno/IDM

Out now!
Born in the echoes of automobile factories in Detroit and exported to London and Berlin, Techno is a universal beat now danced to around the world. While the new IDMf Netlabel release, Achluophobia, calls itself “dark techno” it explores everything from Techno’s experimental glitches, to its black out party bangers, from chugging club grooves to shadowy dub explorations.

These songs are unique in that as much as the stay true to the incessant grooves of Techno, they take the time to explore the dark side of Techno timbres with synth sounds colder than deep space, undulating atmospheres, and echoscapes which are ocean deep.

With a huge roster of 20+ tracks by the best IDMf community artists, Achluophobia, satisfies both body and mind.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Automageddon; 24-11-2017 at 12:19 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #2
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
Re: IDMf0xx- Dark Techno/IDM

And here's the tracklist (track order still tbc).
Congrats to all winners and submitters.
A note to those we didn't make the cut, the songs were good, they just didn't really fit in.

Brb - The great detractor

Mysta FX (MFXxx) Buddha Rook

Creepr - 38 After

Dada Davros - Mind Over Cryptography

Erstav - Silver

InTheHam - Only Moments

James Pingel (White Noise) - Lanthanide

Jazzyspoon - I lost Perspective

NeuNeuNeuReceuver (Schnork) - eekzron

Oatbag - Swarm

Silent Strangers - Polaris

Roo Stercogburn - Techish Delight

Sitechain (metaside) - revelation

Sole Massif - Visionaire - Yes

Sons Of Achab - Bayesian networks

The Teknomage - In Celeste's basement

Tinnitus of Science - Intermatter

[We sell boxes] (FTD) Separate Rooms

Chase Dobson - Operator Error

Claymore - Known Enemy

Last edited by Automageddon; 21-10-2017 at 10:31 AM..

------------------
Old 26-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627

Reserved for ... well, lets see what happens.
Great project and good to see some label activity up
A good opportunity to focus on quality and production value. Looking forward to hearing the subs.

Just had a chuckle at your avatar line "Less Kids, more synths"...guess I should have told the Mrs to get more plugins!!!

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
lolirl (26-07-2017)
Old 26-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541030
Thanked 7,002 Times in 4,976 Posts

Dig man. So right up my alley. I'll be submitting to this for sure. Very nice choice genre-wise for the NetLabel's comeback effort and it'll be out in time for winter--need those cold beats for the dark days :p

Thanks to the IDMf A Team for getting this together.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
lolirl (26-07-2017)
Old 26-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #5
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 108050
Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,388 Posts

Awesome!!

Will definitely create a song to submit for this. Techno/IDM sounds like a pretty fun combo tbh!

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
lolirl (26-07-2017)
Old 26-07-2017, 05:17 PM   #6
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031291
Thanked 7,277 Times in 4,523 Posts

Nice one Auto.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #7
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11478504

dark things

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #8
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
LawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to behold
Glasgow
MC Status: 910

game for this

------------------
LawrenceL342 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #9
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183960
Thanked 3,679 Times in 2,741 Posts

Sounds interesting..going to think about this one and see if I can come up with something worth submitting first..not really much experience with this genre, but how hard can it be?

One thing..just looking for clarification here..not criticizing at all..but the forth point..

4) Once you submit your entry for the competition, you are giving the IDMf NetLabel exclusive rights to publish the track. You are making a commitment that you will not send the submitted track to anyone else for publication and that you will not release it yourself. If not selected for the release, all rights pass back to you on the day the album is released. If you submit an entry for the competition it is taken as confirmation that you have read and understand this.

Just wondering..is there a time-scale on this "exclusive rights to publish" clause, meaning are we excluded from including such a track on a compilation album of our own? What about any possible royalties earned from sales or licensing? If all these "things" are going to be exploited, then this needs to be clarified a little more..as there's a bit of a difference between releasing and publishing.

No negativity here at all..just think this is an important point that needs to covered in a little more depth than it has, as not everyone is going to understand the difference between the two and need to be made aware of where they stand and what it is they are agreeing to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the label before just ask for exclusive rights to release a track if it was up to par and accepted?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 03:30 AM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

I'm kinda shocked this hasn't gotten more traction yet. Come on ya'll, lets kick it old school IDMf and make this a great one <3

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (27-07-2017)
Old 27-07-2017, 03:32 AM   #11
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 71974
Thanked 1,188 Times in 729 Posts

I'm really excited to hear this.

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to GomesR
relic (27-07-2017)
Old 27-07-2017, 03:37 AM   #12
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21260

We'll see, last time I tried to make dark techno, I ended up covering Aerodynamic.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 03:48 AM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
We'll see, last time I tried to make dark techno, I ended up covering Aerodynamic.
All you need is some drums, weird sound FX, and two filtered chord stabs with an 8th note delay on a send. Then just ride the faders

------------------
Thanks to relic
Automageddon (27-07-2017)
Old 27-07-2017, 06:42 AM   #14
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Less kids, more synths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Sounds interesting..going to think about this one and see if I can come up with something worth submitting first..not really much experience with this genre, but how hard can it be?

One thing..just looking for clarification here..not criticizing at all..but the forth point..

4) Once you submit your entry for the competition, you are giving the IDMf NetLabel exclusive rights to publish the track. You are making a commitment that you will not send the submitted track to anyone else for publication and that you will not release it yourself. If not selected for the release, all rights pass back to you on the day the album is released. If you submit an entry for the competition it is taken as confirmation that you have read and understand this.

Just wondering..is there a time-scale on this "exclusive rights to publish" clause, meaning are we excluded from including such a track on a compilation album of our own? What about any possible royalties earned from sales or licensing? If all these "things" are going to be exploited, then this needs to be clarified a little more..as there's a bit of a difference between releasing and publishing.

No negativity here at all..just think this is an important point that needs to covered in a little more depth than it has, as not everyone is going to understand the difference between the two and need to be made aware of where they stand and what it is they are agreeing to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the label before just ask for exclusive rights to release a track if it was up to par and accepted?

That hasn't changed, if the track is not accepted all rights pass back to you the day the compilation is released.

As for royalties, how much do you think any of the previous releases made?

And I'm sure that if any of the artists wants to rerelease the track separately in the future, it's just a matter of asking, nobody's here to stop anyone's career...

------------------
Thanks to Automageddon
A.M (27-07-2017)
Old 27-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #15
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388249
Thanked 5,085 Times in 3,316 Posts

Did some tentative sound design with this in mind last night.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #16
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
That hasn't changed, if the track is not accepted all rights pass back to you the day the compilation is released.

As for royalties, how much do you think any of the previous releases made?

And I'm sure that if any of the artists wants to rerelease the track separately in the future, it's just a matter of asking, nobody's here to stop anyone's career...
My reason for asking has more to do with clarification than anything else..but you're question about earnings made on past releases kinda makes me think you've misunderstood what I'm asking here. It's not really about earnings at all..but the artist's rights in general.

What I mean is I personally don't have any issue..and I don't think anyone else should either..about the label making whatever profit it can from any release it puts out..and I believe any artist being released by the label should feel obligated to get behind the label and support it in whatever way they can..it's a partnership of sorts after all.

But what happens in the remote event where the artist manages to land a lucrative deal for his work, but he can't do anything about it because all rights have been passed over to the label? Should s/he just pass any info in situations like this to the label and let it deal with everything?

Again, I'm not trying to be negative or stir up shit about anything..I'm honestly just seeking a more complete explanation of this forth clause, in order that others on here will learn from it and take some information of real value away from here with them when they leave..something they should and need to know as producers.

It's not rocket science..all we need is to be a little clearer about where we all generally stand and what's expected of both sides if all publishing rights are to handed over. As it is, there's no mention of possible payments coming back to the artist from any earnings..no matter how small. There's no mention of percentages or anything else the artist should know up front before jumping into any contract..either here or elsewhere.

Basically, it might be better for everyone if a more formal, detailed, standard form of label contract were drawn up and made sticky, so it could be read or downloaded by anyone who wants to submit anything for consideration..something that clearly outlines all terms and rates, as well as what's expected of both parties..with the obligatory "No earnings are either implied or guaranteed" statement in bold at the end, for all to see.

------------------
Old 27-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #17
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3560

Cool cool cool I'm in!

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 08:58 PM   #18
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
My reason for asking has more to do with clarification than anything else..but you're question about earnings made on past releases kinda makes me think you've misunderstood what I'm asking here. It's not really about earnings at all..but the artist's rights in general.

What I mean is I personally don't have any issue..and I don't think anyone else should either..about the label making whatever profit it can from any release it puts out..and I believe any artist being released by the label should feel obligated to get behind the label and support it in whatever way they can..it's a partnership of sorts after all.

But what happens in the remote event where the artist manages to land a lucrative deal for his work, but he can't do anything about it because all rights have been passed over to the label? Should s/he just pass any info in situations like this to the label and let it deal with everything?

Again, I'm not trying to be negative or stir up shit about anything..I'm honestly just seeking a more complete explanation of this forth clause, in order that others on here will learn from it and take some information of real value away from here with them when they leave..something they should and need to know as producers.

It's not rocket science..all we need is to be a little clearer about where we all generally stand and what's expected of both sides if all publishing rights are to handed over. As it is, there's no mention of possible payments coming back to the artist from any earnings..no matter how small. There's no mention of percentages or anything else the artist should know up front before jumping into any contract..either here or elsewhere.

Basically, it might be better for everyone if a more formal, detailed, standard form of label contract were drawn up and made sticky, so it could be read or downloaded by anyone who wants to submit anything for consideration..something that clearly outlines all terms and rates, as well as what's expected of both parties..with the obligatory "No earnings are either implied or guaranteed" statement in bold at the end, for all to see.
You're right to ask, I have no problem with that at all.
Usually record deals come with a time frame and region that the label will take the rights for, say perhaps 5 years covering Europe or whatever.
Perhaps we should say that it's exclusive for 1 year and worldwide then?
Meaning that you don't give it to anyone else without prior consent from IDMf, we have the right to do whatever with it for 1 year anywhere on the planet.
After that people can take their rights back and release the same thing somewhere else if they wish to.
So basically, if you think you're on the edge of getting that awesome mega deal with Warp, then please don't send those exact same tracks to IDMf. We really don't need to go through the trouble of putting a release together just to have it pulled out from under us a few days/weeks/months later.

Good idea about the basic contract.
The thing is we don't have the money to enforce any contracts if we're being completely real and honest.
Releasing through IDMf is basically a gentlemans agreement at the end of the day and so it really comes down to 'how much do you care if you piss us off after we try to help promote your music?'
We've had one person that I know of over the 47 releases who asked us to remove his music from IDMf related sites because he'd got a better contract.
I'm not too worried about it really, but yes, let's hammer out some better details and sticky them for future subs.
Old 27-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #19
A.M

Cheers for that, lol..appreciate the reply and understanding in regards to my questioning in the first place.

"..Perhaps we should say that it's exclusive for 1 year and worldwide then?"

I go a little further and say it's exclusive to the label for 1 year and worldwide..meaning the label has full rights to do whatever it likes with the track / album for 1 year and share in any profits earned during that time.regardless of the source.

Then, after that 1 year has expired, all rights return to the artist, as you said, but I'd still include that the label be granted special rights to continue to sell the album and earn from all sales it makes..or something like that. This way the artist is freed to do whatever the hell they like, but the label still benefits from knock-on sales in the event the artist in question "makes it big"..I think this is only fair, given the role the label would have played in getting the artist "discovered".

I know the chances of anything like this happening might be slim, but there's still a chance that this could happen for somebody on here..and it would be better if everyone knew in advance just how things would work..hence my asking for clarification in the first place.

Last edited by A.M; 27-07-2017 at 09:45 PM..

------------------
Old 28-07-2017, 06:41 AM   #20
lolirl
Administrator

But we're not selling music, we're giving it away free.
Where's the obsession with cash suddenly come from?
Any donations to help support IDMf are just that.
We're not about to start accounting to 30 people for each compilation just to give everyone a split of 12 bucks or whatever it is.
The mod team don't get paid.
Please don't try to complicate things further.

Advertisements