[Downtempo] Emmanuel G. - Atmospheric jam (dawless)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Members Live Sets Post your live sets & gig recordings here.

Old 19-07-2017, 08:05 AM   #1
Emmanuel G.
Microknight
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210
[Downtempo] Emmanuel G. - Atmospheric jam (dawless)

Hi everyone, so last year I got back into making music, did lots of stuff on Ableton live and loved it, but there was something about the relationship and immediacy of doing things within the limitations of my instruments.

The comfort zone is a nice place, but nothing grows there (not from me), so I've tackled a bit of dawless jamming, but I didn't have my setup arranged in a way that would really allow me to express what I wanted, and at the time, didn't want to commit as I was still very daw-dependent.

But with the necessity to perform live, and the desire to actually provide a show when doing so, steered me to reorganize everything so I would find ways to create complete pieces of music without the help of a computer.

Now I'm definitely not quite there yet, and my setup does have to evolve in order to truly give me all the tools I need, and if not, enough alternatives to create music anyway, it's difficult to really define. But I'm slowly moving from full analog to something more digital and sample based, wavetables/granular and some FM, the idea is to generate chaos and extract meaning from it.

Anyway, this is the last track/jam I've been working on, still polishing the edges, still working on it, it's more like some sort of "band practice" if you will, not there yet (not by a long shot), but still an improvement on what I was doing last year. Let me know what you think, feel free to discuss the process as well. Thank you

Advertisements

Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Downtempo] Emmanuel G. - Atmospheric jam (dawless).